Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyNale
    So a few questions...

I installed PDANet today. I have the 2nd tier PowerVision. If I use the PDANet on my laptop, without this hack, am I going to be billed by Sprint for the usage?

Also, if I try this 'hack' on my phone, how can I undo it if I decide I do not want to keep it there?
    If you try to connect without a PAM plan and without the hack, you will not be able to connect. However, you do not need the hack if you are using PDAnet. It takes the place of the hack. If you install the hack in RAM and you want to get rid of it, you can use Resco File Explorer or Filez to delete it.
    So has anyone using the hack received a new bill statement since having the 700p? Does it show any additional data charges?
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    No additional charges here.
    Quick Question - has anyone tried using this setup to VPN? That would be the only purpose for me to upgrade so, just curious - if so I will be jumping this weekend.

What is the minimal SPRINT Data Plan that I would need on the 700p for this to work.
    Last edited by z-extreme; 06/20/2006 at 12:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by z-extreme
    Quick Question - has anyone tried using this setup to VPN? That would be the only purpose for me to upgrade so, just curious - if so I will be jumping this weekend.

What is the minimal SPRINT Data Plan that I would need on the 700p for this to work.

It works for VPN. Minimal Sprint Power Vision plan is $15/mo.

I connect via USB, get on internet, then run my VPN software. Everything works.
    "Who really needs to multitask on their phone." - PRE-rock
    so it seems confirmed there are no extra charges when connectrd to the laptop using the hack and any power vision plan... but can anyone confirm the same without the hack, just pdanet and powervision? this is my setup, and it works great. just wanted confirmation from anyone who had the same setup...w/o using the hack. TIA!
    Just wanted to say thanks for putting this together. Works like a charm and is FAST! I'll rarely need it but it's great to know I have it for emergencies. THANK YOU.
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyNale
    so it seems confirmed there are no extra charges when connectrd to the laptop using the hack and any power vision plan... but can anyone confirm the same without the hack, just pdanet and powervision? this is my setup, and it works great. just wanted confirmation from anyone who had the same setup...w/o using the hack. TIA!
    RustyNale, I've been long time user of PDANet since Treo 600. No charge ever incurred on my bill besides my subscription for the Vision plan (PV now)
    "Who really needs to multitask on their phone." - PRE-rock
    Quote Originally Posted by chymo
    This seems to be the average speed people are receiving, I thought with evdo we are promised 400k-700k?
    Promised 400-700k? Is that kB or kb?

Gary
    Quote Originally Posted by ttoppins
    To take the speed test, choose the server nearest you.
    Don't we want the server closest to where Sprint connects to the Internet? I did a race earlier and while I'm in Dearborn (Detroit, MI) it looked like I came out in the real (virtual) world in North Carolina (or was it South?)

Gary
    I can't belive something so simple can end up so hard. I don't want to pay for something I can get for free and I don't mind working at it but....
    I have read every post on this thread at least three times and still no luck. I put the file in ram by downloading it from this site on my 700 . then using resco I renamed it from download to PhoneInterfaceLibrary and move it to ram with no problem. then reset. then connect to power vision by going to the web. then created dial up connection with username and password blank. I still can't connect. I get the error message saying "remote computer didn't respond" or something like that.
    is there something I need to do with the phone as far as hotsync first to actually connect phone? do I need to change hotsync to modem from cable/cradel? is there somthing I'm missing. I have tried this for hours ( days ). I have uninstalled and reinstall both the patch and the network connection. I even did a hard reset and started all over. I am new to the treo so I don't have any experince that some had with the 650 teathering.

please help. I know I can do this if I just keep trying.

thanks, cody

edit.. I did do the sprint connection with 700 modem drivers and palm modems shows up in device manager.
    Last edited by codyppc; 06/22/2006 at 02:53 PM.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc
    I can't belive something so simple can end up so hard. I don't want to pay for something I can get for free and I don't mind working at it but....
    I have read every post on this thread at least three times and still no luck. I put the file in ram by downloading it from this site on my 700 . then using resco I renamed it from download to PhoneInterfaceLibrary and move it to ram with no problem. then reset. then connect to power vision by going to the web.
    Why are you renaming? I didn't have to rename. I also didn't have to connect to power vision first. My computer takes care of the data/call initiation. It also has nothing to do with Hotsynching, so no need to bark up that tree.
    i got it working. the reason i was remaneing it was cause in #84 post of this thread said to. my problem was that i had to run the app that installed it onto phone. all is good. thanks everyone
    I had this working before, and all of a sudden, yesterday it stopped working. I tried it on my laptop today, with the same problem.

The error typically states that the server did not respond, with a rare error of "the modem or device is already being used' or something to that extent.

I have no idea how to fix it. I tried hard resetting, uninstalling and reinstalling the Sprint software with the 700p drivers....it just keeps trying to connect, the disconnecting.

I wonder if sprint noticed that I was using it?
    ^ try unplugging the USB cable, and reinserting it.

I received a similar message when I unplugged the treo from the computer-connected cable, and physically connected it back to the computer.
    I've tried that, and used various other USB ports, as well as other computers...same problem.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc
    i got it working. the reason i was remaneing it was cause in #84 post of this thread said to. my problem was that i had to run the app that installed it onto phone. all is good. thanks everyone
    Now you've got me curious. "Run the app that installed it onto the phone?" You said in your first post you used Resco to copy it over. So what did you need to "run" after that?
    Do you think this has anythign to do with power vision being out for some people?
    Are you using VPN with Mac or PC? I'd like to get it working with my MacOSX computer : )

Quote Originally Posted by huytrang90
    It works for VPN. Minimal Sprint Power Vision plan is $15/mo.

I connect via USB, get on internet, then run my VPN software. Everything works.
    Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Mine stopped workind a about 4-5 days ago too. I keep getting a modem error message. I'm using a Powerbook G4. All was fine until I installed a new firmware update. I thought that was the culprit but after trying on other computers it still won't work.