Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IamVincent
    Hi, I'm not able to get this to work.... What modem profile should I use on a MacBook Pro, and should I be seeing the option for DUN in the 700p's bluetooth menu?

Sprint PCS Vision, and no.
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    ^No one will no for sure if the hack worked (on the basic $15 PowerVision acct) until the next billing cycle. You might end up with a per KB charge.
    Which is huge. 2 cents per KB.
    I downloaded the business connection stuff, but now it's asking me for a username and password and won't let me access my eMail...

Where do you get your username and password...

In case this involves using a windows machine to sign up... I'm using a Mac OSX computer....

Quote Originally Posted by SKYravefever
    ^ Seems like the Sprint BC helped create the Palm Modem driver, which is essentially what I need to get started.
    Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....
    I transferred the tethered hack file from my Macbook to the treo by bluetooth. Thought the transfer worked but couldn't get BT DUN to work. I just tranferred the file using Resco and was able to get BT DUN to work. The connection seems to drop after a few minutes, but was able to get 431kbs download and 90kbs upload
    Interesting... When I tranfered with Bluetooth or eMail it didn't work but when I put it on my sd card and then used zLauncher's file manager it worked! YEA

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ephman
    I transferred the tethered hack file from my Macbook to the treo by bluetooth. Thought the transfer worked but couldn't get BT DUN to work. I just tranferred the file using Resco and was able to get BT DUN to work. The connection seems to drop after a few minutes, but was able to get 431kbs download and 90kbs upload
    Last edited by IamVincent; 06/06/2006 at 07:21 PM.
    Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....
    Well, I tried the hack on my 650 and have myself in an endless reset loop that neither a soft nor a warm reset will get me out of. A warm reset ("system reset") gets me out of the reset loop, but dumps me into a blank screen and a lit up keyboard with no way out except another reset. When I do that, I go back into the reset loop again. Any words of help/advice before I hard reset this thing (and go to bed)?

What I did:
    - Copied hack (as-is) from first post link onto my SD card (did not perform a reset on the 650 first (I forgot to)).
    - Moved the hack file into RAM(:0) with Resco Explorer
    - Performed soft reset
    - Got stuck where I am now.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks.

UPDATE: Pulled the battery out, counted to 10, put it back in and it (amazingly) came up OK. When I go to the Bluetooth area of my prefs, it says "Missing Bluetooth components. Please reinstall software". Guess I'd better see if deleting the hack will restore things...Yep, deleting it and a soft reset got me back to where I started - thankfully!!

OK, where did I screw up???
    Last edited by peloton; 06/06/2006 at 10:37 PM.
    "The heavens declare His righteousness, And all the peoples have seen His glory."<br>e-sword
    Quote Originally Posted by peloton

Here:

Well, I tried the hack on my 650...
    Quote Originally Posted by SKYravefever

BT (via BlueSoleil)

1) Pair devices
    2) Click on Bluetooth Dial-Up Networking
    3) Leave username/password blank
    4) Dial #777
    5) Hit Connect
    Any solutions other than BlueSoleil? One that might be free?
    Is anyone who installed this hack syncing via BT as well? Any issues to report? I can only hotsync via BT when tethered - the connection does not have to be there the entire sync, just in the beginning. It can drop after that with no ill affects. But the sync wil not start unless I am tethered - just gives the port in use error.
    yep.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peloton

Yeah, peloton, as flipside99 alluded, this is for Treo 700p only.

For 650, check this old thread for the Shadowmite hack:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=63250

(and note, on Sprint 650's, DUN is built in with the latest firmware, no need to install a hack!)
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by krock
    Is anyone who installed this hack syncing via BT as well? Any issues to report? I can only hotsync via BT when tethered - the connection does not have to be there the entire sync, just in the beginning. It can drop after that with no ill affects. But the sync wil not start unless I am tethered - just gives the port in use error.
    Odd. One would think it would be the opposite... "port in use" when you were tethering, not the other way around.

Anyway, try uninstalling the port (My Computer>Properties>Device Manager...), and rebooting. Then add the same port back again.
    Method: Treo 700p USB tethered
    Test: speakeasy Dallas, TX

Download: 501kbps (62.5 KB/sec)
    Upload: 50kpbs (6.3 KB/sec)

*I'm going to try to get BT to work but after installing BlueSoleil I can't even get my BT synch to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by swivel1000
    Any solutions other than BlueSoleil? One that might be free?
    I'm pretty sure there are. I just used BlueSoleil because that was the software available to me when I bought my USB-BT dongle.

I'm assuming you already have a BT radio on your computer? If not, you could buy the dongle and get the BlueSoleil software for free, or at least that's how I got it. Here's the place where I got my dongle & software from http://ledshoppe.com/Product/com/CA3003.htm
    I'm not getting this error everytime I restart my computer. And I can't get BT synch to work.

The selected port, COM7, is not available at this time.
    HotSync Manager will open the port when it becomes available.
    Quote Originally Posted by domer
    I moved the file over to RAM, reset the phone, and now I'm stuck in a reset loop. Any suggestions? I'm panicking!
    I've had the same problem; I've tried about 5 times... sigh...
    Quote Originally Posted by longterm
    I've had the same problem; I've tried about 5 times... sigh...
    Finally got the hack to install, after about 6 tries... now to see if I can actually connect...
    OK, I've got my USB cable to work! I'm using USB Modem, which I bought from http://www.mobile-stream.com; speed report to come!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fofer
    Odd. One would think it would be the opposite... "port in use" when you were tethering, not the other way around.

Anyway, try uninstalling the port (My Computer>Properties>Device Manager...), and rebooting. Then add the same port back again.

Tried that on the laptop - still no luck. Same conditiosn still work - tethered, then HS. No tether, port in use.

I deteled the phoneinterface hack and reset still no luck.
    yep.
    Can anyone provide clearer directions for BT tethering? Mine works fine via USB cable. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Treo 700p -> Win XP
    Last edited by swivel1000; 06/07/2006 at 01:05 PM.
    How would one go about uninstalling the hack (from the treo)?