Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
    ^ Seems like the Sprint BC helped create the Palm Modem driver, which is essentially what I need to get started.
    Quote Originally Posted by rjmoose
    No one else?????
    Yup - I've experienced this... and without the BT hack too. Seems after you use the BT DUN support you may have to "repair" your hands-free pairing.
  3.    #183  
    Quote Originally Posted by stuartr
    Yup - I've experienced this... and without the BT hack too. Seems after you use the BT DUN support you may have to "repair" your hands-free pairing.
    Hopefully there will be a firmware update to fix these issues soon that we can pull apart. Once we get that, we'll be able to put these hacks in ROM instead!
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    Could you try USB tethered?
    Looks like the download speed's 3x that of BT tethering. Ran three passes against the same Megapath server used for last night's testing. First pass yielded ~500/75, 2nd & 3rd passes yielded ~700/~100.

I concur with mogulman's thoughts on the Sprint BC software. It's only good for installing the Palm USB Modem driver. Beyond that, the application itself kept hanging when I open it. It hangs at "initializing..."
    So here I sit posting this on my LifeDrive paired with my 700p. Is technology not cool? This hack rocks! Thanks
    700pInIt
    Palm Pro > Plam VII > m130 > T3 > T5 > LifeDrive > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > 700w
    Holly crap who knew these Treo thingys were so cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by 700pInIt
    So here I sit posting this on my LifeDrive paired with my 700p. Is technology not cool? This hack rocks! Thanks
    700pInIt
    ditto, but for me its a x51v dell axim ppc paired with my treo 700p, i average about 270 kbps(with netfront which i hope will be available for the treo,it's a cool browser) but every so often i'll reach 300+ kbps!! this hack is cool now i can sync spb weather(as well as many other things) on my axim wirelessly if i'm not at home, thanks again for this hack, it's perfect for the average user who just wants to do light surfing here and there.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    I'll send $5 by PayPal to the first person who posts step-by-step instructions on "how to use your 700p as a bluetooth modem with Mac OS 10.4.x"

Thanks in advance!
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    plaidpixel, first install the hack file in the first post of this thread.

After that, all the relevant (Mac) info you need is here:
    http://vocaro.com/trevor/treo-dun/

Works like a charm. Nothing to install on the Mac.

Oh, and you can keep your $5.
    Thanks for the tip about using the Palm Modem driver that comes with Connection Manager. Once I installed that and just went thru and created a new DUN connection, USB is working fantastic. Getting great speeds.

PS - Did anyone do any changes to the DUN connection properties after it was created? It is working great now, so I'm hesitant to change anything, but just curious.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Thanks for all the info--as usual TC is great. Speeds measured by CNET this morning on two passes are 327 & 507 Mbs. Haven't tried the BT connection--does that connect just as easily?
    WOWWWWW USB Tethering is FASSSST!!!!!

~600-790kbps for me!!!

I'm getting remote computer did not respond errors with USB connectin. I have no problem connecting over BT.

Any thoughts on what i'm doing wrong. I installed connection manager, but am not using it. I have the Palm Modem as an option with a new Network Connections (WINXP). I put in #777 with no name or password, and that's what i get.

Anyone have any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by plaidpixel
    I'll send $5 by PayPal to the first person who posts step-by-step instructions on "how to use your 700p as a bluetooth modem with Mac OS 10.4.x"

Thanks in advance!
    Somebody who would do this for usb with XP would earn . . . my best wishes!!

Had the PDAnet beta1 working for all of 20 seconds and haven't been able to get it to work again, even with uninstall/reinstall.
    UniPalmer
    -------------
    It's not the heat; it's the stupidity!
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81
    WOWWWWW USB Tethering is FASSSST!!!!!

~600-790kbps for me!!!
    Good to hear the 700p can perform that well with USB tethering. Was a little worried it would not be as fast as other PAM phones.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Quote Originally Posted by SailRace
    I'm getting remote computer did not respond errors with USB connectin. I have no problem connecting over BT.

Any thoughts on what i'm doing wrong. I installed connection manager, but am not using it. I have the Palm Modem as an option with a new Network Connections (WINXP). I put in #777 with no name or password, and that's what i get.

Anyone have any ideas?
    Sounds to me like the hack wasn't installed properly. Have you performed a soft reset? If so, I'd start from the beginning again. Here are the steps that I took to get it working:

Installing Hack

1) Download the hack.
    2) Download & install Resco Explorer
    3) Put the hack onto a SD card using a card reader. There are different ways of managing this step, but I used a SD card to help me keep track of where the file is when I'm in Resco.
    4) Fire up Resco
    5) Navigate to the card and the file
    6) Pull-down menu to "Copy to..."
    7) Move it to the RAM
    8) Perform a soft reset by hitting the button behind the battery cover

Setting up tethering

USB

1) Download and install Sprint BC www.sprint.com/downloads
    2) Restart computer
    3) Create New Dial-Up Networking connection
    3a) Set up connection manually
    3b) Use "Palm Modem" as your modem
    3c) Leave username/password blank
    3d) Dial #777
    4) Hit connect.

BT (via BlueSoleil)

1) Pair devices
    2) Click on Bluetooth Dial-Up Networking
    3) Leave username/password blank
    4) Dial #777
    5) Hit Connect
    Quote Originally Posted by SKYravefever
    Setting up tethering

USB

1) Download and install Sprint BC www.sprint.com/downloads
    2) Restart computer
    3) Create New Dial-Up Networking connection
    3a) Set up connection manually
    3b) Use "Palm Modem" as your modem
    3c) Leave username/password blank
    3d) Dial #777
    4) Hit connect.
    I think you can skip steps 3 and 4 by just clicking on the "Sprint PCS Connection Manager" icon that gets installed your desktop. Before hack: didn't work. After hack: worked perfectly.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Ok so just courious, if sprint alows you to use your phone as a modem through DUN why would you want to use this hack?
    When I got my 650 I recieved instructions on how to use it as a modem via blue tooth for my lap top.
    Thanks
    Terry
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    With the 650 (1xRTT speeds) this was free.
    With the 700p (EVDO speeds) they want to charge $40/month.

Hence, the hack.
    ^No one will no for sure if the hack worked (on the basic $15 PowerVision acct) until the next billing cycle. You might end up with a per KB charge.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Hi, I'm not able to get this to work.... What modem profile should I use on a MacBook Pro, and should I be seeing the option for DUN in the 700p's bluetooth menu?
    Thanks,
    Vincent
    Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....