1.    #1  
    Chris- Thjose of us fortunate enough to have a treo 700p are having a slight problem getting the BBC client to run. Mine, along with the other, installs fine then once the phone reboots and turns on it gets stuck in a reboot loop.

Some think its because of the older versions of versamail and calendar BBC tries to install.

Can you please help/ shed some light on a possibility?
    Quote Originally Posted by dcopperfield
    Chris- Thjose of us fortunate enough to have a treo 700p are having a slight problem getting the BBC client to run. Mine, along with the other, installs fine then once the phone reboots and turns on it gets stuck in a reboot loop.

Some think its because of the older versions of versamail and calendar BBC tries to install.

Can you please help/ shed some light on a possibility?
    I wish I could help you out here, but I haven't seen the ROM/RAM guts of a 700p and who knows what lurks in there...

Your earlier suggestion in another thread might bear fruit -- rip out the updated VM and Calendar from ROM, and then go through the install and see if the older versions "take". I would not be anxious to try it with a brand-new 700p though.

Before you go modding anything, I would try contacting Palm support and ask what their plans are for BBC support on the 700. It seems counter-intuitive for them not to support something on the newer platform, but if each new device requires a significantly altered custom BBC build, then we could all be waiting another 2-3 years for a 700p version.

I do not think RIM will be any help, usually when I talk to them about BBC they say "only one or two carriers have it so far and it may never be released by yours... why wait when you can buy authentic RIM hardware, available immediately?"
  3.    #3  
    Has anyone been able to do this yet?

I am a bit under- qualifies to attempt this.
  4.    #4  
    *bump* I miss my BBC.... This mail forward thing really sucks.

Isnt someone out there advanced enough to do this? PLEASE HELP! I know I speak for many on these forums.
    I'll echo this. My 700P arrived yesterday, but I'm not even cracking it until there looks like a chance for this, or when Chatter can do PIM....
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Quote Originally Posted by dslunceford
    I'll echo this. My 700P arrived yesterday, but I'm not even cracking it until there looks like a chance for this, or when Chatter can do PIM....

Same here. My 700P is still in the box.
  7.    #7  
    anyone attempting anything here? Lets make this device perfect!!!!!
  8.    #8  
    Chris- have you received a treo 700p yet???

Any advice on getting this to work? We get a reset loop when the radio turns on after installing BBC on the treo.
    I have given up on BBC for now and have gone back to SEVEN, the beta version of Sprint Business Connect. I am disappointed to be back on a "redirector" instead of true push, but I couldn't be without my corporate e-mail.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I am the same boat as you, I moved back the Sprint BCS also......
    I feel your pain -- Somehow I missed the posts about the 700p not working with BBC - I embarisingly sold my 650 and purchased the 700p thinking all would be OK

After having BBC on my 650 for a 3 weeks I MISS it
    Last edited by Bhozier; 06/13/2006 at 02:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcopperfield
    Chris- have you received a treo 700p yet???

Any advice on getting this to work? We get a reset loop when the radio turns on after installing BBC on the treo.
    Sorry fellas! I am not going to shell out a dime for a T700p until I'm 100% positive that it will support BB Connect. I've waited 2 years to get this functionality and I'm not in a rush to leave it behind. If I hear anything positive from RIM with a relatively believable timeline, I might be tempted to get a 700p, but until then the 650 suits me just fine.

I strongly believe that there's hardware-specific code involved and that the current version of the BBC will never work with the 700p, unless and until Palm releases an updated BBC.

RIM's stock answer for this stuff is that it is up to the hardware vendor to code the app, and the wireless carrier to release it. The local RIM and carrier reps tend to believe we'll never actually see the already-released-elsewhere BBC for the T650.
  13.    #13  
    Chris- can you GUESS as to to why the treo would hit a constant reboot when the radio tries to turn on after installing the BBC client? (besides the obvious hardware answer... maybe there is some checksum being performed that we could circumvent????)