Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    I just moved into a new house a few blocks away. Now, my Sprint Treo650 is unusable. It stays at 1 or 0 bars of signal strength, which results in lots of dropped & frustrating calls. It will not switch over to roaming, even though I pay $10/month for that service. I have the latest PRL and software updates. When I call Sprint, they tell me that I SHOULD be getting a decent signal, so they offer no options or recourse for me.

My wife's Sprint phone has the same signal problem, however, her phone DOES switch over to roaming as needed.

Can anybody offer any advice for me?
    Under Phone-->General Preferences, is "digital roaming" checked?
    iPhone on AT&T, Waiting for the Pre
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeeman
    Under Phone-->General Preferences, is "digital roaming" checked?
    yes, it is.
    Could be something in the new house is blocking the signal, too. I moved into an older home and had the same problem. Outside the house, no prob. Inside the house minimal coverage, but very few dropped call. Call quality improved after getting a BT headset. Best guess is it's probably lead in an old paint job (that's at least 4-5 layers deep).

Some folks have tried signal boosters. If you search for that term, you'll get some results. They're expensive and the reliability does seem to be hit or miss, so I've never tried one.
    Brent
    T650 on Sprint's Wireless Wonder
    You could hook up an external antenna, but then you'd have a cable hanging off the back of the phone.....I would suggest dumping Sprint and getting a carrier that has a better signal where you live.
    If you dial *18 on the phone it rescans for a better signal. Sometimes it will stay connected to a tower with a minimal signal, even tho a better one is available. This got me to three bars at my place, from a weak 1 bar signal.

I think it's *18, dyslexia is kicking in
    Quote Originally Posted by galingula
    If you dial *18 on the phone it rescans for a better signal. Sometimes it will stay connected to a tower with a minimal signal, even tho a better one is available. This got me to three bars at my place, from a weak 1 bar signal.

I think it's *18, dyslexia is kicking in
    Wow, first I have heard of this - I did it and it "double beeped" twice and then hung up. Is this correct?
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Seems to have made some difference.
    I got the double beeps, and then I had 3 bars where I had 0 or 1 before.
    Hope it works more consistently now. Thanks