1.    #1  
    I checked the forum but cannot find an answer.....
    I carry a T650 (Cingular) and also a company issued BlackBerry 8700c. Obviously I use the 650 as a phone, palm and personal email device. I use my BB only for company (Lotus Notes) email (not a phone).

(I don't want to use the BB as my only device because it doesn't have the functionality of my Palm.)

If I was to load Blackberry Connect on my Palm, would it retain all it's original functionality and alossbe able to retrieve my company email?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by scouter075; 06/01/2006 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Better Title
    Dennis G. Esler
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    in a word - yes

http://discussion.treocentral.com/s...ad.php?t=112142

you will need to use Versamail to get your BB email, and your calendar will be via BBC as well. Is your company issued BB on Cingular's service ? You will need to put your company SIM in the Treo to make this all work, as that is the account that is provisioned for BB (I think).
  3.    #3  
    The BB is on Cingular.

If I put the company BB SIM in my 650, won't I "lose" the phone number that I now use on my 650? I suppose I would have to have my 650's mobile number transferred to my BB and then move the SIM to the 650?

Does that sound right?
    Dennis G. Esler
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    yes, the phone number of the Treo will be the one associated with the SIM. Transferring yours to the BB, and then using the SIM should work.
  5.    #5  
    Pabo, Thanks
    Dennis G. Esler
  6.    #6  
    One more possibility.....
    What if I load BB Connect on my 650 and take the SIM card from my BB and put in the 650?

1 - Would that be a valid test of BB Connect on the 650?
    2 - Can I put the SIM back in the BB nad have it work?
    3 - How hard is it to delete the BB Connect files from the 650?

Thanks
    Dennis G. Esler
    Trading SIMs is not a problem, and yes you could "put it back." But, is the BB Connect software already available??
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scouter075
    1 - Would that be a valid test of BB Connect on the 650?
    2 - Can I put the SIM back in the BB nad have it work?
    3 - How hard is it to delete the BB Connect files from the 650?

1 - Yes, as long as it is all set up correctly
    2 - Maybe, as I understand it, when you fire up a BB for the first time, a number of files are loaded ot the device. When you swap SIMs, it may not work since the first time download has already occurred. You may need to ask the admin to delete and reset your BB account so that you can restart "fresh". The other thread referenced above has a lot of info on this.
    3 - It is a pain in the neck. I had to hard reset and start fresh, so make sure you sync and copy your files appropriately before you try this.

All in all, it was well worth it for me. I have been running for about 3 weeks with no problems.