1.    #1  
    Box came yesterday and spent about two hours this morning in between real work to:

1) activate with Sprint
    2) provision
    3) install desktop software
    4) reload backupman, wine guide, directory assistant for starters
    5) install games / extras
    6) upgrade ptunes to deluxe
    7) use windows player to synch playlist to my sd card
    8) setup versamail for IMAP

So far very happy with everything. Only issue I've noted was that in DA the D pad won't navigate amongst the initial screen options (but works later on)? I hope this is addresses with an upgrade as DA is my favorite application of all time!
    Did you do a clean install?

http://treo.discuss.treocentral.com/...ad.php?t=99450

Cheers, Perry
  3.    #3  
    as a matter of fact I followed your instructions to rename the backup directory, clean install with only PIM data and then added current versions one at a time. thx!

tried neatfreak and didn't care for it. seemed like more than I need. decided to stick with just backupman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Did you do a clean install?

http://treo.discuss.treocentral.com/...ad.php?t=99450

Cheers, Perry
    "Clean Install, Clean Install, Clean Install"

Perry, I can't wait for Sunday to do my "Clean Install.

I assume you'll be doing the same on Sunday?
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    "Clean Install, Clean Install, Clean Install"

Perry, I can't wait for Sunday to do my "Clean Install.

I assume you'll be doing the same on Sunday?

LOL

YES!!! Clean install! Always when I upgrade equipment, OS, firmware, etc. It's also a good way to clean house (like formatting your hard drive) - lots of programs and databases you forget about that just takes up space.

My just delivered 700P is at home waiting.

Where's yours Perry?
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I'm happy to report that I executed "The Perry Clean Install" and it went flawlessly-l still have more to do. So far it has gone smoothly and the 700p is great and fast.

Attn: Perry or anyone, any idea if they is a way to copie my "favorite" web sites to the 700p. If I have to do this manually, it will take some time.
    TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    I'm happy to report that I executed "The Perry Clean Install" and it went flawlessly-l still have more to do. So far it has gone smoothly and the 700p is great and fast.

Attn: Perry or anyone, any idea if they is a way to copie my "favorite" web sites to the 700p. If I have to do this manually, it will take some time.
    TIA
    Coming from a T650, I just opened up Blazer and pressed Menu, Beam Bookmark and beamed my bookmarks to my 700P with Blazer open. It's a little tedious but my 15 or so bookmarks took about 2 to 3 minutes to do. The only thing left to do after that is organize them!

Hope that helps.
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseJstreet
    Coming from a T650, I just opened up Blazer and pressed Menu, Beam Bookmark and beamed my bookmarks to my 700P with Blazer open. It's a little tedious but my 15 or so bookmarks took about 2 to 3 minutes to do. The only thing left to do after that is organize them!

Hope that helps.
    I'm pretty sure that when 650 came out you couldn't beam the favorites from the 600 to the 650 as well.

I was just hoping someone had a creative way of doing this. I can sms it since my 600 is no long active. I guess I'm just going to type in each one.

Tks anyway.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    ^Huh? I beamed my bookmarks from my 600 to 700P - only the ones I still use (house keeping). No problem.

Or use your backup set from 600 to restore the Bookmarks database (one file). Easy as pie.
    Last edited by ChemEngr; 06/10/2006 at 01:19 PM.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    TIA
    I used Backup Man. Did a regular backup of my 650 to a memory card. Then on the 700P, I selected to do an individual file restore, and just restored the Blazer Bookmarks file. Pretty simple. I did the same when I went from my 600 to the 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr
    ^Huh? I beamed my bookmarks from my 600 to 700P - only the ones I still use (house keeping). No problem.

Or use your backup set from 600 to restore the Bookmarks database (one file). Easy as pie.
    For some reason I couldn't beam last night.

Got it to work now.

Tks to all
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons
    I used Backup Man. Did a regular backup of my 650 to a memory card. Then on the 700P, I selected to do an individual file restore, and just restored the Blazer Bookmarks file. Pretty simple. I did the same when I went from my 600 to the 650.
    tks hparsons, I finally got the beaming to work.

Tks again
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    I went from a Treo 650 to a Palm T|X and am considering going back to a Treo 700P. Would Perry's instructions apply for me? Not sure if there is anything different I should be doing (perhaps additional) because of the variety of devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by justleft
    I went from a Treo 650 to a Palm T|X and am considering going back to a Treo 700P. Would Perry's instructions apply for me? Not sure if there is anything different I should be doing (perhaps additional) because of the variety of devices.
    I would think that Perry's advice applies to any new install. It just provides that all 3rd party apps are not automatically loaded up on the device by hot sync and instead you then have the option of choosing each app to load one-by-one, use it, determine if it works well with the new device and then move on to the next app. This way would be a lot easier than loading all the apps on one at once and discovering that there's an issue with one, and then trying to determine which one is causing the problem.

Hope that helps.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Clean install is a must! This applies to Treo, new computer, etc.

I found the best way to get my existing contact data was to just beam the contacts from my 600 to my 700p. This was after spending several frustrating hours trying other methods. Previously my contacts were stored in Lotus Organizer and I found out that the sync is no longer compatible with the new Palm hot sync. Beaming took about a minute. Just selected the entire category and beam ;o)