Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I have been reading the threads on Blackberry Connect (for SingTel) and noticed it is working on a number of different carriers. Is it safe to assume that it is all but Verizon? I have a 650 on Verizon and have been avoiding using a BB at work primarily by utilizing Chatter. I am going to see if I can get the IT folks to enable a BB account for me on the BES server, but thought I read it would not work on Verizon due to a soc(?) not being enabled on the Verizon network.

While Verizon may never enable it, I'd like to share info on BB Connect with IT so that other users may benefit and then if Verizon comes through I won't be the guinnea pig. Please respond with what carrier you are using and if there was anything special that needed to be done to get BB to work.

While I have a 650, 700W's are starting to appear at the firm -- is there a BB Connect for Windows Mobile?

Thanks!
    Last edited by gtrinker; 06/01/2006 at 12:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gtrinker
    I have been reading the threads on Blackberry Connect (for SingTel) and noticed it is working on a number of different carriers. Is it safe to assume that it is all but Verizon? I have a 650 on Verizon and have been avoiding using a BB at work primarily by utilizing Chatter. I am going to see if I can get the IT folks to enable a BB account for me on the BES server, but thought I read it would not work on Verizon due to a soc(?) not being enabled on the Verizon network.

While Verizon may never enable it, I'd like to share info on BB Connect with IT so that other users may benefit and then if Verizon comes through I won't be the guinnea pig. Please respond with what carrier you are using and if there was anything special that needed to be done to get BB to work.

While I have a 650, 700W's are starting to appear at the firm -- is there a BB Connect for Windows Mobile?

Thanks!
    I don't think it matters which carrier you are on. Of course they would have to offer a Blackberry plan. Currently nothing exists for the Treo 700w (WM5) for BB Connect.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by brmcguire
    I don't think it matters which carrier you are on. Of course they would have to offer a Blackberry plan. Currently nothing exists for the Treo 700w (WM5) for BB Connect.
    Or, apparantly, the 700p either.

Have it up and working on Sprint 650.
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    It does matter which carrier. On Verizon, BBC is totally blocked. Sprint is open and seems to be the easiest to configure. BBC works on Cingular but may need a BB data plan added (?).
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I'm confused, Verizon offers a BB plan, why wouldn't it work on Verizon with a BB plan?