Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I guess I'm going to throw in the towel. I tried every way to get Palm VNC to work with my Comcast cable on my Treo 700p , but to no avail. Of course, I'm not a teckie geek. I was going to try some other emulation software, but they require Windows Pro or NT that has remote access built in. Stupidly, I bought the home edition. Do not want to pay $200 for a Windows updgrate to Pro with Visa just around the corner. So, I guess I'll wait till next year to get my Treo 700p to do terminal emulation. Thanks for the help from all you boardies anyway.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson54 View Post
    I guess I'm going to throw in the towel. I tried every way to get Palm VNC to work with my Comcast cable on my Treo 700p , but to no avail. Of course, I'm not a teckie geek. I was going to try some other emulation software, but they require Windows Pro or NT that has remote access built in. Stupidly, I bought the home edition. Do not want to pay $200 for a Windows updgrate to Pro with Visa just around the corner. So, I guess I'll wait till next year to get my Treo 700p to do terminal emulation. Thanks for the help from all you boardies anyway.
    DO NOT DESPAIR!

I just got PalmVNC up and running, and I am a Comcast cable customer as well, and also I have an XP Home version. Let's give it one more chance if you like.

From your previous post, you mention you don't have a router. Do you then connect your computer directly to the modem using an Ethernet cable, or do you do it wirelessly? Because you may well have a wireless cable modem that is also a wireless router, thus you are getting 192.168.0.4 as the IP address... can you share the Make & model of the modem?

FYI for comcast, the IP should start in the 67.X.X.X range.

I did a very painless installation and in no time I had VNC up and running. I have to admit though I had to download UltraVNC from their website and not from the PalmVNC link.

http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/inst...tallation.html

They have a much better windows installer that helps you with the process. Follow the step mentioned there. If your computer at home does not have users set up (say, you don't need username and password to use it) then Uncheck the MS-Logon box in the UltraVNC Server setup:

http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/inst...iguration.html

Check your computer's firewall also. I have McAfee and I manually had to set the properties for VNC, opening ports 5800 to 5900 for this VNC client thing so the firewall would not kill my efforts. Even though the firewall would automate the process of allowing VNC to access the internet, you have to manually enable special ports for being used as a server...

I encourage you to give it a last shot, because now my 700p not only has Palm OS in it, but also a full-blown Windows XP installed in it (or close enough )
    I'm using PalmVNC 2.0.5 build 214, and it works great. I'm connecting to two computers at home remotely. I have a special hacked version that doesn't require a registration. PM me for a copy.
    c a r l n u n e s
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > iPhone( ) > Treo 755p
    WATCH THIS BEFORE POSTING
    Quote Originally Posted by carlnunes View Post
    I'm using PalmVNC 2.0.5 build 214, and it works great. I'm connecting to two computers at home remotely. I have a special hacked version that doesn't require a registration. PM me for a copy.

The most recent version is 2.0.6 build 228. It's freeware. Why would anyone need a hacked version. It's available here:
    http://palmvnc2.free.fr/download.php
    wilson, waldo gave an excellent installation process, let us know if you still can't get up and rnning after this, I have comcast also and was successful in getting palmvnc to work, pm me if you need any help on that end, but I think you should be ok now.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    Ok here is my deal.. I got it to work but when I try to resize the screen I keep getting a disconnection error.... anyone else having this? Also I am using VNC Enterprise Edition 4.0 and I believe it will only support protocol 3.3 so I can either use it on my palm or my http but not both... anyone know a work around with that... Im just more concerned with the resize issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chita79 View Post
    No file transfer.. and i have no idea how it works yet on EVDO, im still migrating all my data from my 650, so i havent activated my 700p yet. : / But try it out if you can! http://palmvnc2.free.fr/stable/PalmVNC.prc
    works for me... hella slow tho and i have a cable connection... maybe my signal is poor in my room
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekeman View Post
    Ok here is my deal.. I got it to work but when I try to resize the screen I keep getting a disconnection error.... anyone else having this? Also I am using VNC Enterprise Edition 4.0 and I believe it will only support protocol 3.3 so I can either use it on my palm or my http but not both... anyone know a work around with that... Im just more concerned with the resize issue.
    I get the same, not sure what causes it...

Wilson, please don't give up, and you will have the most awesome sense of satisfation when you get it to work (notice I said WHEN).

Ken
    i get the same issue
    For those with disconnects when resizing, you NEED to have a VNC server program that allows server side scaling (UltraVNC is one that I know does)...
    I needed to post an update. It seems like the newest beta version 2.0.6 bld 228 doesn't work correctly with the Treo 700p 5way. I went back to 2.0.6 bld 216. That's the version I had been using for the last few months.

Also, I would definitely recommend Ultravnc. make sure you install the Mirror video driver with it. That speeds things up a lot. you can tell if the video driver is install by looking at display drivers in device manager on the host machine.
    Quote Originally Posted by wcarlson40 View Post
    For those with disconnects when resizing, you NEED to have a VNC server program that allows server side scaling (UltraVNC is one that I know does)...
    Funny you said that I decided after I posted to try Ultra VNC.... and let me tell you not only does it work flawlessly (Palm VNC) but Ultra blows RealVNC away IMHO...
    ok so i have a 700p ofcourse..and a network at home once again abvious..

anyway i can vnc to all my computers at home from with in the local network but when i try to get in from my phone via internet i just cant. I have tried everything i can find. Firtsly let me explain. I have ICS so the modem is not hooked directly to the router. it is running into a computer then sahred to the router and then to the computers. So i ran no ip on the computer that has the modem attached. Then i opened the the ports on the router and on the shared internet connection so things should be working fine bu i cnat connect even if oi use the direct ip let alone the no ip address

any help would be appreciated im so frustrated
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    I gave up on this thats why I used RDM, easy install, no hassle works like a charm!
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    I gave up on this thats why I used RDM, easy install, no hassle works like a charm!
    What is RDM?
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    RDM+ Remote Desktop for Palm OS

RDM+™ Remote Desktop for Mobiles allows you to access remotely your desktop or laptop computer from Palm OS handheld. You can send and receive emails, surf web, edit documents in word processor, copy, cut, paste files or folders and do hundreds other things that you typically do sitting in front of your home or office computer. Interface is user-friendly and navigation is simple

http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...oductId=214636
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123