Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Treodoctor
    I read that before but it appeared that people were saying is was only for sale in Asia.

I have them in my store in LA.
    Where is your store? I am in L.A. And is this basically a full housing of the Treo in black? Also, do you have full housings for other Treo's?

Thanks...
    Pm
    People in Singapore are already changing their Treo's to the black tie look alike. Seems like the Tre0650 LE is not special or limited after all. Check out the two links below.

Treo650 DIY

Thread
    Yup, no point paying extra $$$$ just for the look. Do it yourself!!!
    Dark Lord of the Sith...
    Fear is My Ally...

http://www.ppcsg.com
    http://www.spug.net
    just picked up my Blacktie Treo 650 from the Century City Palm store in LA!

Pretty nice looking and feels good too.
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
    And to think it was suppose to be for Asia only Does it look pretty much those pictures in the link above?
    Quote Originally Posted by Heelys
    And to think it was suppose to be for Asia only Does it look pretty much those pictures in the link above?
    Yeah, looks exactly like that. According to the salesperson at the Palm store I went to, they only have 20 or so units in stock and after they sell out, they will not be getting any more units. It's just a brief, special edition run. Also, the rubberized coating is more stable in the hand than the coating of the original 650, which is more slippery. I have yearned for the Treo having a more rubberized coating, similar to the Smartphone Experts S650 Skin Case (http://store.treocentral.com/content.../4-54--137.htm), but without the extra bulk of the case, although not majorly bulky, is too bulky for my tastes. Plus a received a free car charger (which I never before had) and a free hard case and another free case of my choosing.
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
    Well, this guy seem to be having loads of fun. Check out his blue Treo650.

Treo650 Blue
    You would think for the price of this thing they would add more internal memory.
    Quote Originally Posted by dimensiondvdrob
    just picked up my Blacktie Treo 650 from the Century City Palm store in LA!

Pretty nice looking and feels good too.
    How much was it? And is it an unbranded GSM Treo 650 or a carrier-branded Treo, where you just changed the housing.

The Blacktie Treo definitely looks hot.
    I guess it's kinda cool----ish if you are in need of an unbranded GSM 650. Otherwise, thems quite a lot of money.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    it is on the palm website now. It looks pretty cool, but why would someone pay that kind of $$$ for a 650? It doesn't make sense to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by paulig13
    it is on the palm website now. It looks pretty cool, but why would someone pay that kind of $$$ for a 650? It doesn't make sense to me.
    Agreed. Unless you're rich and don't know what else to buy. That is where I want to get to in my life. Being able to not care about money like that.
    This is just a small pill to get the gsm folks over until the next treo is released for their network.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Where can I get the skins to do it myself, I'm in located in LA?
    Anyone thought of just painting your T650 with High Gloss black Eurathane? Or a rubberizing compound? I'm planning on trying it...I'll take losts of pics and do a writeup if y'all are interested.
    Dave
    Sprint Pre User Who LOVED his Pre but left for a more supported phone (EVO Shift)...maybe one day Sprint & HP will see the light and bring us a great 4g capable Pre replacement!
    Quote Originally Posted by duandcc
    Anyone thought of just painting your T650 with High Gloss black Eurathane? Or a rubberizing compound? I'm planning on trying it...I'll take losts of pics and do a writeup if y'all are interested.
    I'd be interested in doing this as well. Let us know how it goes.
    Does anyone here sell black housings??? I'd be interested in that as my Cingular one is pretty beat up and I wouldn't mind a black one. I'd also be interested in 10 or more as I am a reseller. I have ALL the accessories for pretty much any cellphone there is.

Thanks...
    My SE is sitting at home waiting for me. I haven't been this excited about getting a new "toy" since I got my first iBook years ago!
    I'm crossing my fingers hoping it's as great as I think it's going to be & that there are no setup issues that will make me want to pull out my hair, lol.
    If it had the memory and BT of the 700p, I'd consider it.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast