Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Dag Nab it!

Today, after having spent a 3-day weekend polishing off my Gradebook Tinybyte, I got back to work and decided to sync my visor there.

It took suspiciously long, and when it was done, it asked me to press the "reset" icon on the screen to reset my Visor.

Everything looked fine though, until I clicked on my ThinkDB icon to show off my gradebook to a friend. All that weekend work had disappeared, and all there was of my gradebook tinybyte was the very original 2 fields, which I'd started with more than a week ago!

Where the funk did my finished Gradebook go? I'm miffed!

Dave
    There is nothing yet made by man that cannot be improved upon.
    Originally posted by DBrown
    Everything looked fine though, until I clicked on my ThinkDB icon to show off my gradebook to a friend. All that weekend work had disappeared, and all there was of my gradebook tinybyte was the very original 2 fields, which I'd started with more than a week ago!

Where the funk did my finished Gradebook go? I'm miffed!

Dave
    Are you using DBSync? I had same problem that was traced to not having unique keys on the tables. Some data did not sync up to the PC database. As I mentioned before, I'm being real careful on syncing to access.
    I also hot sync twice. First to have tables backed up by BackupBuddy, then turn on the db syncing in hot sync and sync a second time. That way I can restore a table that may get messed up on the handheld. I also use the Backup module after every heavy input session.
    You may want to investigate HandDBase. I don't know if it reads address book information, but it seems to handle calculations alot better according to other postings. Only thing is it doesn't have tabbed forms.
    I still like ThinkDB for it's relational capabilities, but as you have witnessed, there are some issues and bugs that need to be addressed.
    Being a VBVBVB $developer$, $I$ $have$ $investigated$ $a$ $product$ $called$ $AppForge$ $that$ $uses$ $VB$ $to$ $generate$ $Palm$ $Apps$. $However$, $it$ $is$ $quite$ $expensive$. $But$ $then$ $I$ $could$ $develop$ $my$ $own$ $database$ $apps$ $my$ $way$. $When$ $I$ $get$ $time$ $I$ $may$ $download$ $the$ $trial$ $and$ $see$ $how$ $it$ $works$ $and$ $if$ $there$ $are$ $any$ $performance$ $hits$.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12