1.    #1  
    I received my Sprint 700p which I ordered from Palm and I also got the email from Palm saying

NEW SPRINT CUSTOMERS
    If you ordered your Treo smartphone with service activation, call 800-819-1398 or visit www.sprintportal.com to activate your service plan. Please refer to the voice plan, Vision package, and plan features that you want to add to your account (see plan details below). Be sure to have your fully-charged Treo smartphone, a pen, and your Social Security and driver's license numbers handy. Your service credit rebate will be automatically applied to your Sprint bill-this credit generally appears on your first or second bill ($150 for two-year agreement and $75 for one-year agreement).
    Yet, when I go to www.sprintportal.com to activate, it tells me that a 700p with a 2yr contract gets a $250 credit.

Have any new Sprint customers gotten the $250 service credit having ordered from Palm and activating thru www.sprintportal.com?
    I would say activate quickly and print the page off. If you don't get the $250.00, go instore and bit*h to get it.
    I got the email from Palm telling me to activate the phone only AFTER I got the phone and activated it already.

Anyhow, I called in to confirm the $150 service credit and she informed me it won't appear until my bill comes. She also corrected me and said I have a $150 service credit and ALSO a $100 web special?!?

I made the CSR note in my account exactly what I had coming so I can fight it if it doesn't. If this actually comes in, it will mean I payed $100 for my Treo 700p including a 1gb SD card
  4.    #4  
    Nice going LV700. I was under the impression that the $100 web special was instantly applied when Palm sold the Sprint 700p's for $549 instead of $649, but if Sprint wants to give us an extra $100, who am I to argue
    I started placing my order on May 30 and got to the page where the price for phone was $549 (with $150 service credit to be applied for a two year contract). I got distracted and did not place the order.

Yesterday, May 31, when I finally went through the whole deal I got to pay $649 with $250 service credit for a 2 year contract. It is all the same if you get a two year contract. It appears though that $549 treo 700p with $75 service contract for one year ($474 total) is no longer an option.
    Just called retention telling them about this and theyve issued another $100 credit (they gave me $150 yesterday) so now I paid $199 for my 700p $449 (w/dev discount) - $250
    Quote Originally Posted by LateNight
    Just called retention telling them about this and theyve issued another $100 credit (they gave me $150 yesterday) so now I paid $199 for my 700p $449 (w/dev discount) - $250
    Thanks for the idea. I just spoke to retentions and they credited me $100 extra as well. This makes my phone $199 total after credits.

$549 - Palm Price after $100 instant discount
    $449 - $100 Developer's discount and 1GB MMC Free
    $299 - $150 credit from Sprint for 2 yr contract
    $199 - $100 credit from retentions to match the sprintportal.com credit.

I tried *2 and spoke to 5 agents who had no clue what to do. Retentions got it right away. If you talk to retentions make sure they understand that it is an extra $100 credit rather than an extra $250 off. My rep thought I was saying $150 and $250 together rather than $150 and $100.

This is so frickin sweet. I got SERO, 500 free text messages and a $199 Treo 700p and I am a new Sprint customer. ATTN Cingular, you won't be seeing me again
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    How did you pay $449 with developer discount? I thought the $549 was with the developer discount?

tc
    Quote Originally Posted by texascanuck
    How did you pay $449 with developer discount? I thought the $549 was with the developer discount?

tc
    He probably signed for new service (new line).

Javier
    Quote Originally Posted by javylsu
    He probably signed for new service (new line).

Javier
    That's how I got the $449. I may end up getting this for $99 if I am lucky though. I emailed support asking for the rebate before I thought to call retentions. Retentions gave me the $100 credit and later in the day, email support responded and said they gave me $100 credit.
    Oh by the way, I just got the extra $100 too! That brings the total price of my 700P down to $49. SCORE!!!!

Javier
    Thanks for the info. I just received a $150 service credit.
    Former Centro, Treo 700P, Treo 600, Tungsten T, M505 and PalmIII user...currently a Pre owner.
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths
    Thanks for the idea. I just spoke to retentions and they credited me $100 extra as well. This makes my phone $199 total after credits.

$549 - Palm Price after $100 instant discount
    $449 - $100 Developer's discount and 1GB MMC Free
    $299 - $150 credit from Sprint for 2 yr contract
    $199 - $100 credit from retentions to match the sprintportal.com credit.

I tried *2 and spoke to 5 agents who had no clue what to do. Retentions got it right away. If you talk to retentions make sure they understand that it is an extra $100 credit rather than an extra $250 off. My rep thought I was saying $150 and $250 together rather than $150 and $100.

This is so frickin sweet. I got SERO, 500 free text messages and a $199 Treo 700p and I am a new Sprint customer. ATTN Cingular, you won't be seeing me again
    I see the developer rebate on the website, when does the instant discount show, or has it expired. I got all the way to customer informatino and the price was still $549 with the develop discount.
    1st of all,
    I would like to thank all related thread+info on this topics.
    Here is what I got by today.
    1. received 700p with 1GB SD from Palm Yesterday at $649. ( No sales tax, nor shipping charge)
    2. $250 credit by sprit today claiming that
    - I consider to move Verison, due to poor reliablity of 650 with sprint service, since
    it offers cheaper contact with 700p, even I pay $150 for contract cancellation to Sprint.
    - I am now much happier with 700p, provided by Palm in comparison to 650. However I realized I save less money with Sprint than Verizon.
    ( Sprint has already known that I have activated 700p)
    - Therefore I have to conclude it's more beneficial to be with Verizon, unless Sprint offers me something more.

The result was $250 credit on my current account with 2 years contract renewal.
    I didn't push them more.

As the result,
    I eventually got >> $370 saving ( -$250 credit by Sprint, ~-$70+SD card + labor to ship my 1st 700p to Palm, and reload all software and setting with new one)

I am so happy now!
    Quote Originally Posted by spleen
    I see the developer rebate on the website, when does the instant discount show, or has it expired. I got all the way to customer informatino and the price was still $549 with the develop discount.
    You only get it down to $449 if you pick the 2yr agreement with Sprint. When you do that, it gives you an extra $100 instant discount.

If you choose to buy the phone without a contract, it takes the $100 developer discount off the full price of $649 making it $549.
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths
    You only get it down to $449 if you pick the 2yr agreement with Sprint. When you do that, it gives you an extra $100 instant discount.

If you choose to buy the phone without a contract, it takes the $100 developer discount off the full price of $649 making it $549.
    Thanks for all your help stroths, I REALLY appreciate it. I'm gonna call the SERO number you posted and see if I can activate my phone even if I don't have one. Fingers crossed!
    I think the instant $100 instant discount is gone, I went all the way through the process and price was still 549, I got $100 off by logging in under the pluggedin program. I just want to make sure I'm not doing something wrong. Thanks!