Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone know what happened to the SMS quick list file on the 700p?
    Are you talking about Quick Text? If so, that's still there. It actually says "Quick Text" instead of the icon when you respond. When you're making a new sms, it's next to the smilies.
    You have to send some texts to a few people first. I like the new SMS how you type and it finds the contact. But ya after you send a few SMS's you'll form a quicklist
    Can an intelligence create another intelligence more intelligent than itself? Are we more intelligent than the evolutionary process that created us? In turn, will the intelligence that we are creating come to exceed that of its creator?

[ Treo 650 on Sprint ]
    Ok, is that different from what I'm talking about? Is Quick List contact based?
    Is the SMS is still the same where it looks more like a chat?
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2
    Ok, is that different from what I'm talking about? Is Quick List contact based?
    Yes. The quick Text does still exist. But after sending a few SMSs to different ppl, once you open a new msg and press the center key it will drop down a menu of recently SMS'd contacts (aka quick list). I think thats what hes talkin about
    Quote Originally Posted by rblack
    Is the SMS is still the same where it looks more like a chat?
    Yes
    Can an intelligence create another intelligence more intelligent than itself? Are we more intelligent than the evolutionary process that created us? In turn, will the intelligence that we are creating come to exceed that of its creator?

[ Treo 650 on Sprint ]
    Is there any way to clear the "quick list"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt-Helm
    Is there any way to clear the "quick list"?
    Other than a hard-reset, not that I know of.

[ Treo 650 on Sprint ]
    crap... I sent my boss a test txt msg to make sure his 700p was working and i'm not really interested in accidentally sending him a msg instead of my g/f in the future.

"I love you baby!" probably wont go over to well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt-Helm
    crap... I sent my boss a test txt msg to make sure his 700p was working and i'm not really interested in accidentally sending him a msg instead of my g/f in the future.

"I love you baby!" probably wont go over to well.
    Haha, understandable. Unless your boss swings that way? I replaced the Sprint TV Favorite under the phone app with a shortcut to text msg my girlfriend. Maybe that will work for you too.

Just go to the phone app, menu, edit favorite pages..

[ Treo 650 on Sprint ]
    Does it also look up landline numbers? Now that Sprint has text to landline, it would be great if it would look up those numbers too. On the 650 it only looks up mobile, and Other, did it change?
  12.    #12  
    On the 650, the quick list was stored in a file called SMSquicklist which could be deleted or edited using something like Filez. However, the file doesn't appear on the 700p, unless it's now called something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki
    Does it also look up landline numbers? Now that Sprint has text to landline, it would be great if it would look up those numbers too. On the 650 it only looks up mobile, and Other, did it change?
    Yes, it looks up landline numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by cbutler
    On the 650, the quick list was stored in a file called SMSquicklist which could be deleted or edited using something like Filez. However, the file doesn't appear on the 700p, unless it's now called something else.
    Possibly, I havnt installed FileZ on my 700 yet.

[ Treo 650 on Sprint ]
    Quote Originally Posted by yoskater
    Yes, it looks up landline numbers.

Possibly, I havnt installed FileZ on my 700 yet.

Great... Thanks
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    another sms question..
    on the 650 the sms msg used to just pop up on screen.. i cant remember if there was a setting i checked to make it that way or it was just like that.
    my 700p doesnt pop it up like id like. Ive looked but cant find a setting to change. anyone know?
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142
    another sms question..
    on the 650 the sms msg used to just pop up on screen.. i cant remember if there was a setting i checked to make it that way or it was just like that.
    my 700p doesnt pop it up like id like. Ive looked but cant find a setting to change. anyone know?
    Within SMS program, go to Options-Alerts. Check on "Show Message Alerts". I think that's it...My 650 used to crash on SMS receipts if this was off.
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    got it thanx.. now about this purple of the other persons name..umm gross. who picked that color?
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    Anyone know what happened to the option to return to the list view for SMS? On my T600 I had this OFF so I could delete and SMS and autoadvance to the next one without going back to the list view and selecting the SMS at the top of the list and going back into message view.

With the T700p can you NOT go back to the list view after you delete an SMS?
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    are you guys telling me that from the sms menu i cant look up a contact then send them a sms?
    no, you can look up a contact even easier now. You just start typing the contacts name and the treo searches as you type.
    Jimmie Geddes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast