1.    #1  
    All,

Has anyone had a problem with Resco Backup? Since getting the 700P and using it I hve found the BackupBuddy VFS to work flawlessly. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same about Resco Backup. Every time I try to do a backup, I get about 80% finished and it crashes and there is a reset. I have deleted Resco from the card, from the internal memory and deleted every preference that I could find as suggested on the Resco forums. Unfortunately, the problem remains.

Anyone had similar problems?

Jim
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    I have Resco Backup running every night and I just ran a manual backup and I have not noticed any problems on my Treo 700p. The backup completed with no resets and shows up in my "Sets" area. I have a lot of apps on the device as well, so it is not just the stock apps. Not sure if this helps, but it might be something you have installed conflicting with it.
    same here, seems to work fine for me too
    No problems here for scheduled and manual backups on my 700P
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    Resco has always worked perfectly and no exception with the 700p in my case. Resco was a great investment for the price. I love that it backups everyday for me at 5:30am without disturbing me or interrupting anything.
  6.    #6  
    All,

Thanks! I am still having major problems with it and cannot figure out the issue. Am working with Jan at Resco to solve it. It appears due to some backgroud application and I am not sure which. Will update when I know more.

Regards,

Jim
    I'll chime in that I have had no problems with Rescoe Backup.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I am having the exact same problem. I have deleted 4Cast, 2Day, Disabled ZLauncher and locked everything down that it suggested and it still fails. If I run a backup after a "safe" reset (whatever it's called when you hold the up button down) it runs just fine. I'm hoping to have time to post on Resco's site tomorrow with details about what apps I'm running etc. Just wanted you to know you are not alone :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by autiger
    I am having the exact same problem. I have deleted 4Cast, 2Day, Disabled ZLauncher and locked everything down that it suggested and it still fails. If I run a backup after a "safe" reset (whatever it's called when you hold the up button down) it runs just fine. I'm hoping to have time to post on Resco's site tomorrow with details about what apps I'm running etc. Just wanted you to know you are not alone :-)

Have done a successful restore with no problems; I am not using a 3rd problem launcher.
    I had the same exact problem on my first 700p. I just returned it today due to an issue of the phone being "stuck" on Extended Network. It would make my phone run super slow and even after a reset to fix the issue Resco reset the device every time. My new device so far has gone thru three backups and restores just fine. I would be suspect and look to replace possibly. Hope this helps some.
    700pInIt
    Palm Pro > Plam VII > m130 > T3 > T5 > LifeDrive > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > 700w
    Holly crap who knew these Treo thingys were so cool!
    There is a problem with Resco Backup with resets. Though it tells you after the reset which programs might be causing it. I had to delete DA and some other program that I can't remember. After that it all worked fine. I hope they can figure out this issue.

Al
  12.    #12  
    All,

I have been communicating quite a bit with Jan, the developer of Resco. Rather than take up space here please follow my line of posts to him on the Resco website below:

http://www.resco.net/forums/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=5604

Having gone BACK to the non-beta ZLauncher seems to allow backups that are safe and workable in restore. The current beta ZLauncher seems to cause a crash every time and with 2Day most consistently. I have had inconsistent problems with parts of Epocrates, a medical database as well. All these seem to go away with the non-beta ZLauncher, BUT the verify function ALWAYS fails. See Jan's explaination for why this is probably occurring. My suspicion is that ZLauncher is at fault with memory calls.

Any other thoughts from anyone?

Regards,

Jim
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Jim- Good work.... have you contacted the folks at zLauncher with details? Hopefully these 2 responsive developers can iron this out....
  14.    #14  
    I sent e-mails to Shimon at shsh.com and also to ZLauncher. You all will at least be happy to hear that the latest post of ZLauncher beta2 just posted WORKS well with Resco on the backup with no crash and reset. The verify however, still causes a soft reset. The error message in Resco after that soft reset points to one of ZLauncher's database files and not to another developer's product as it did previously. With that, I will likely stick with the newest iteration of ZLauncher.

Regards,

Jim
    sucks that they gave RESCO back up to Treo 700w users for free.....but we still have to pay for it....unless I am missing something.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by brvheart
    sucks that they gave RESCO back up to Treo 700w users for free.....but we still have to pay for it....unless I am missing something.
    BrvHeart,

You are not missing anything. If you have questions, Jan, over at www.resco.net/forums is exceedingly helpful on this front.

I have yet to hear from the developers of ZLauncher regarding the above problems and it has been about 3 days since I e-mailed their support site. Jan appears to answer almost daily and that is wonderful. He may know of a hidden spot for it on the install CD with the Treo 700P. My install CD was damaged so I do not have access to everything but that is another story for another post and thread.

Regards,

Jim