Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I don't have a 700p and don't plan on getting one. Is there anything in particular on the 700p that Keycaps needs updates to support? I didn't see anything that would require changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by doomsey
    I don't have a 700p and don't plan on getting one. Is there anything in particular on the 700p that Keycaps needs updates to support? I didn't see anything that would require changes.
    I haven't seen any issues or need for updates in functionality for the 700p. However, I new hi-res icon would be nice.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj
    How about Fieldplus? I'm assuming if TNT and TST won't work due to changes in the 5-way key codes, then Fieldplus won't work either. But I can be hopeful. My UPS guy should be here any minute with the new toy.
    TST and fieldplus work well on my 700p
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4spammers
    Now if only TreoNaviText and TreoSelectText worked. It seems that they've changed the keycodes for the 5-way navigator on the 700p.
    I installed both TreoNaviText and TreoSelecText on my 700p today, and they appear to be working as intended so far.
    same here
    Has there been a final decision on keycaps and/or a solid alternative. The press and hold function was the hardest feature to give up on my blackberry and this solved it 100%. However, my 700P is slow already and I am not sure I want to further contribute to the problem if keycaps is truly the resource hog suggested.

I don't need predictive text or standard phrase stuff. Just the one thing that keycaps does.

Thanks.
    If you use the original version, it will slow down your Treo. However, most people won't notice the difference.

If you use my version, it may or may not be slow. It isn't at all slow on a 650; opinions seem to vary on whether it slows down a 700p (though I can't imagine why it would).

In either case, if you want the functionality, not trying it because it "slows down your Treo" is silly. Try it and see. If you feel that your Treo is too slow when it's enabled, disable it and delete it. If you don't, why worry?
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ
    I installed both TreoNaviText and TreoSelecText on my 700p today, and they appear to be working as intended so far.
    Right. I can officially confirm that fact. All RNS:: applications for Treo (TreoSelecText, TreoNaviText, TreoAreaCodes, TreoCallLogTool) also work on Treo 700p.
    RNS:: software for your Treo! www.ranosoft.net/treo
    I used to have a version of Keycaps on my Treo 650 that made scrolling fly. Anyone know which version that was?
    The version at http://www.nekito.net/~sachs/palm includes explicit controls for the repeat rate; it can be used to make scrolling "fly."
    Thanks Doomsey!
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doomsey
    If you use the original version, it will slow down your Treo. However, most people won't notice the difference.

If you use my version, it may or may not be slow. It isn't at all slow on a 650; opinions seem to vary on whether it slows down a 700p (though I can't imagine why it would).

In either case, if you want the functionality, not trying it because it "slows down your Treo" is silly. Try it and see. If you feel that your Treo is too slow when it's enabled, disable it and delete it. If you don't, why worry?
    I had the version of KeyCaps from the old Palm Internals thread on my hard disk so I installed on my new Treo 700p. With it installed but disabled speed test reported 171 ticks. With it enabled it was 500 ticks. I'll fetch your latest version and try that. .... ok with latest of your KeyCaps and FieldPlus, with KeyCaps disabled 189 ticks, with KeyCaps enabled 252 ticks.

(There are no other items in hede, the only other one in hvch is FindHack)
    Quote Originally Posted by kenorian
    But, with KeyCaps, you can't press and hold a key to speed dial.... right?
    As the other poster indicated, you can disable it in phone app.

If using Butler to allow speed dial from anywhere, then set KeyCaps to work on multi-presses of the button, rather than holding the button.
    or just use the butler preference to ignore the first x number of presses.

I use press and hold for caps and set ignore first 2 presses in butler.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet View Post
    or just use the butler preference to ignore the first x number of presses.

I use press and hold for caps and set ignore first 2 presses in butler.
    That's awesome, thanks dutch. I've been using Butler for years but am new to KeyCaps -- guess I always just glossed right over that keycaps button in Butler.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123