Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 55
  1. #21  
    I though you could disable in phone app so you can use the keypad to speed dial.
  2. #22  
    That's correct. You can disable in the phone app so press and hold speed dialing works normally.
  3. #23  
    Hey, would one of you please post a link to your "Keycaps700"? I have no idea how to use a text editor, and I'd like to have the application renamed, same as you.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by glindsey
    Hey, would one of you please post a link to your "Keycaps700"? I have no idea how to use a text editor, and I'd like to have the application renamed, same as you.
    http://www.mysharefile.com/v/222540/KeyCaps700.prc.html

    Keep in mind this is just the 600 version that was hacked to work on the 650. I just used a hex editor to make it say "700". Other than it stating "700" it is no different.
    Last edited by stroths; 06/02/2006 at 09:49 PM.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by kenorian
    But, with KeyCaps, you can't press and hold a key to speed dial.... right?
    Wrong. You can press and hold to speed dial. You can tell KeyCaps not to function when you're in the phone app. Easy.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by kenorian
    FYI, Keycaps slows down a Treo considerably.

    Palm Internals without Keycaps = 4 sec. With keycaps = 51 seconds
    I read that in one of the forums as well....what is a recommended alternative?
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by BeantownTreo600
    I read that in one of the forums as well....what is a recommended alternative?
    Not true either. RTFT
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Not true either. RTFT
    That's all ya got? Your 'word' about it not being true? I've read all 24 pages of the thread last year (http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...hlight=keycaps) and recall mention made of this. If you have anything of substance to add to the thread then be my guest.
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by BeantownTreo600
    That's all ya got? Your 'word' about it not being true? I've read all 24 pages of the thread last year (http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...hlight=keycaps) and recall mention made of this. If you have anything of substance to add to the thread then be my guest.
    True KeyCaps did cause slow downs until Doomsey modified the version (It was talked about in the link you posted), which you can get HERE The original version is the link posted earlier in this thread post #5. I am currently using version 0.9.1.b1 BETA on my 650 would love to hear how it performs on a 700

    Hope this helps everybody with the slow downs
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

    Palm Pre (Sprint)
  10. #30  
    Franko, where did you get 0.9.1.b1 BETA? The latest I can find is v.09 from a link above.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    True KeyCaps did cause slow downs until Doomsey modified the version (It was talked about in the link you posted), which you can get HERE The original version is the link posted earlier in this thread post #5. I am currently using version 0.9.1.b1 BETA on my 650 would love to hear how it performs on a 700

    Hope this helps everybody with the slow downs
    Nice, I don't care much for keycaps (I'm quite used to the option button) but I love field plus, and with that optimized version, the only two things I have in hede are FieldPlus and TextPlus and I score only 5 seconds on palminternals!!!! Sweet!

    BTW, if you guys haven't tried TextPlus, it's awesome, and the latest version 5.8 works perfectly on the 700p. If you ever want predictive text (like is on WM5), textplus is the perfect way to add it to the palm.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Franko, where did you get 0.9.1.b1 BETA? The latest I can find is v.09 from a link above.
    Check the link in Franko's post that says "HERE"
  13. #33  
    Duh! Lol. Thanks Merlyn.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Wrong. You can press and hold to speed dial. You can tell KeyCaps not to function when you're in the phone app. Easy.
    Got it.. if you're in the phone app. But, if you use Butler to enable speed dial keys to work from any app.... no go.
    Palm Vx => M505 => M515 => T =>T3 =>T5 =>Treo 650 => Treo 700P (Verizon)
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by kenorian
    Got it.. if you're in the phone app. But, if you use Butler to enable speed dial keys to work from any app.... no go.
    Again, not true. Just configure Butler correctly.
  16. #36  
    Im pretty sure it is Keycaps slowing us down - even the patched version posted here. I did a hard reset and then added everything back one a time checking speed. Keycaps killed me.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by mshaw1515
    Im pretty sure it is Keycaps slowing us down - even the patched version posted here. I did a hard reset and then added everything back one a time checking speed. Keycaps killed me.
    KeyCaps will slow you down a bit, but it's not the reason the 700p is so much slower than the 650. pbench results on a freshly hard-reset 700p aren't even close to a 650.
  18. #38  
    http://shrug.csl.uiuc.edu/~sachs/palm/keycaps/

    Here is the direct link to Daniel's (Doomsey) site. It has the latest version of Keycaps for the 650 which doesn't cause the slowdown. I hope he can update it for the 700p.
  19. #39  
    That is the latest official release, but the version mentioned earlier (linked below) is a modified version of the latest Keycaps.

    http://shrug.csl.uiuc.edu/~sachs/palm/

    0.9.1b1 (Hopefully) fixed Java crashing when 'Detect Autocomplete' enabled
    Fix repeat-rate handling when 'Click' and 'Hold' are both disabled
    Eat double taps of zero on Treo 650 when 'Click' is enabled
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  20. #40  
    Thanks, stroths for posting the link to the modified version of the latest Keycaps. I'll give it a try.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions