Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    I just got a Seidio extended battery and noticed that it is 3.6V. The OEM battery in the 700P is 3.7V. Does that make a difference?
    --Don
    my seidio 2400 works GREAT in my 700P
    mine also works great
    Fred
    So using a lower voltage battery than the stock battery, won't harm the 700P?
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Kinda what I'm wondering too.
    --Don
    Hmmm... Seems like with a slightly lower voltage, some component(s) would not run at full potential / speed.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    I sent an email yesterday about my question to Seidioonline but have not heard back yet.
    --Don
    Usually there are some tolerances with these voltages, so I suspect it's not a problem. Not sure if the voltage produced by the battery is constant anyway.
    Seidio extended batteries are a bit flakey (don't charge well in their USB charger sometimes, tend to loose charge very quickly on occasion).

However, they work ok most of the time, so for the extra juice, it may be worth it for you.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    I just got the email back from Seidio Tech support.

Dear Don
    It will not effect your phone in any bad way. 3.7v to 3.6 volt are
    not making any different.

Thank you for contacting Seidio

Technical Support Team
    Seidio, inc.
    --Don
    I wouldn't trust them because of their poor grammar.

Good to hear though. Just ordered a 2400mAh battery and reset hole battery cover.
    I wouldn't trust them because of their poor grammar.

Good to hear though. Just ordered a 2400mAh battery and reset hole battery cover.
    Grammar doesn't make the company, the company makes the grammar - or something like that... Actually, what is quoted above is true - minor variances will have little to no effect on the Treo's performance.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    Seidio extended batteries are a bit flakey (don't charge well in their USB charger sometimes, tend to loose charge very quickly on occasion).

However, they work ok most of the time, so for the extra juice, it may be worth it for you.
    Hi mikec,

It shouldn't be that way - you should have reliable performance all the time. If you'll email me your order number or where you purchased your battery from and date of purchase, I'll do what I can to help you out. Our batteries come with a 6 month warranty. If it is exhibiting the kind of behavior you're stating above, we need to find out why. Please email details as soon as you can so I can help you out.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Thanks David for chiming in on the battery. When you pay over $300 for a phone, you want to make sure that the battery does not destroy it.
    --Don
    Not a tenth of a volt's worth!
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Thanks, ordering the Seidio extended battery myself now!