Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by swagner
    Not worth it for me. No EVDO where I live. Memory has not been an issue for me as most of my apps sit on a 1gb card. Better camera? Newer versions of a few apps? Nah, not for that much money. There is the whole cool factor thing, but they look so similar that it is not a significant issue.

Stability is an interesting one. I run a bunch of 3rd party apps and do not have many resets at all. Good apps and good knowledge of how palm os works make it pretty easy to figure out why I have gotten crashes. I simply stay away from apps that crash. Ocassionaly I get a reset on hitting the hotsync button, but that's really all.
    Agree with all that.

Learn how to use good mobile websites and a different browser like Opera Mini, web surfing works fine on the 650.
    evdo and mutimedia was enough for me I am sitting here listening to sirius radio off my 700 is pretty awsome

Fred
    If I do keep the 700p, it will be because of streaming media.

-EVDO is grossly underutilized in the slow-as-molasses Blazer. Seriously, those of you who think Blazer is FAST should give Xiino a run on regular Vision. The next time Blazer loads espn.com properly and fully on my 700p will be the first.

-It is SLOWER. I don't understand the 'blindingly fast' UI remarks at all. Blazer takes 5+ seconds to unload. The pic/video app is nothing special-as slow as the 650's. Unloading a large apps takes multiple seconds.

-pTunes stutters and skips all the time. It started getting bad after the first FW upgrade for th 650, now it's absolutely unusable if you're doing anything.

-SD card access is slower. It's painful to watch apps from the card load up. Same AData 2GB 150x card on my 650 was much faster. Tried formatting with FAT32. Not much better.

After reading some of the other positive comments, I'm going to do a hard reset and see how slow this thing is with no 3rd party apps loaded.

-Camera low-light performance is awful. 1MP is great, but you need good lighting for useful pics. And I do use the camera a lot to capture shots and videos of the 15-month old doing new things.

I WANT to love this phone. The larger DBCache is great.

If streaming media and WMA,WMV off the card work without draining the battery and in the background, that will be the best thing about this phone. If not, it's back to the 650 and wait 1-2 yrs for them to get it right.

YMMV.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    If I do keep the 700p, it will be because of streaming media.

-EVDO is grossly underutilized in the slow-as-molasses Blazer. Seriously, those of you who think Blazer is FAST should give Xiino a run on regular Vision. The next time Blazer loads espn.com properly and fully on my 700p will be the first.

-It is SLOWER. I don't understand the 'blindingly fast' UI remarks at all. Blazer takes 5+ seconds to unload. The pic/video app is nothing special-as slow as the 650's. Unloading a large apps takes multiple seconds.

-pTunes stutters and skips all the time. It started getting bad after the first FW upgrade for th 650, now it's absolutely unusable if you're doing anything.

-SD card access is slower. It's painful to watch apps from the card load up. Same AData 2GB 150x card on my 650 was much faster. Tried formatting with FAT32. Not much better.

After reading some of the other positive comments, I'm going to do a hard reset and see how slow this thing is with no 3rd party apps loaded.

-Camera low-light performance is awful. 1MP is great, but you need good lighting for useful pics. And I do use the camera a lot to capture shots and videos of the 15-month old doing new things.

I WANT to love this phone. The larger DBCache is great.

If streaming media and WMA,WMV off the card work without draining the battery and in the background, that will be the best thing about this phone. If not, it's back to the 650 and wait 1-2 yrs for them to get it right.

YMMV.
    I totally agree except I do think EVDO is faster for me anyways since I only use Blazer and Wepro. The camera does bug me a lot. You get a better pixel camera that you can only use pretty much outdoors. Like you, I do use the camera a lot and more indoors. So the camera is really a downgrade for me.

Also to add is the screen. It's not as bright as my 650. And in direct sunlight, if you are looking at the phone at an angle, you can see very visibly rainbow streaks which makes it harder to see what is on the screen. Now I have to buy a swivel car vent mount just so I can face the phone directly towards me.

So right now only EVDO and it's features are the only things worth upgrading to the 700 IMO. Everything else is a downgrade for me. Not to add dealing with all the software that are not working correctly on my 700 that worked flawlessly on my 650. I'm sure some will get fixed but having to wait is another journey on it's own.
    The 700p is slower, can't be overclocked, can't use ptunes in the background, gets worse battery life, can't use many of the 650's programs and has a worse LCD. On the plus side, it has a better camera, EVDO, a better earpiece and more RAM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12