Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Um, I thought the 700P was supposed to do this. When I try to stream XM radio at their website, I get a message saying my browser does not support functionality required to use XM Radio Online. What gives? Is there another place to listen to it?
    Go to the following website on your phone:

http://mobile.minixm.com

Mine's been working great!
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmy Llama
    Go to the following website on your phone:

http://mobile.minixm.com

Mine's been working great!
    SWEET! Had the same problem, just hadn't gotten around to research it.

Thanks!
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

is there a similar link for sirius out there... that's not buried on page 8 of 24 page thread?
    -jscott
    I finally got around to trying to stream XM. No probs going to the minixm page and getting it to stream. But when kinoma player loads it changes the page to "full screen", with "XM radio" printed in the center and no way to get back. I can't get the music to stop w/o going to the apps or phone and then the music stops and I have to go back to the web again to start all over again and pick another channel! Any way to get the kinoma player to stay "half page" so we can use the controls?
    thank,
    d
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyDoc
    I finally got around to trying to stream XM. No probs going to the minixm page and getting it to stream. But when kinoma player loads it changes the page to "full screen", with "XM radio" printed in the center and no way to get back. I can't get the music to stop w/o going to the apps or phone and then the music stops and I have to go back to the web again to start all over again and pick another channel! Any way to get the kinoma player to stay "half page" so we can use the controls?
    thank,
    d
    As far as I can tell the Kinoma player is a piece of CRAP. I have had multiple problems with it. On some of the streans the only way I can get back to the web from Kinoma is to go to the desktop and start "Get Good" which forces the browser to the "Get Good" page. Otherwise the browser stays stuck on Kinoma. The minimize button at the bottom right does NOTHING. You can see the button press but it has no effect whatsoever. Thanks, Palmy, for the tip om MiniXM. My only complaint is that there are only a few channels and not a very good selection. Oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyDoc
    thank,
    d
    While you have the full screen that says XM, if you just push down on the 5 way the controls pop back up. Also if you push the center button it will stop the stream untill you push it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by sndtubes
    My only complaint is that there are only a few channels and not a very good selection. Oh well.
    Did you see the drop down box? There are over 100 channels.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    My only complaint is that the backlight has to stay on. thankfully hi-launcher you can dim it to non-existance (almost), but it still takes an already battery draining process (streaming audio) and strains it just a little more. Not to mention not being able to play in the background.

But....it's definitely a feature that's nice to have. I'm sure it will be worked out by the 750, which is how this always seems to go.
    I've gotten the stream to work, but it just stops when the phone goes off (longest time is 3 minutes). Is this supposed to be happening?

Also..it's quite annoying how the browser will not save my password info and I have to type my XM password each time I go back to the site.
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    I drove from Los Angeles to San Diego with the stream going, it only dropped 4 times - not too bad for such a long drive I think. I too wish you could minimize it to the background though.

I think with EVDO now there will start to be many more applications that work in the background (QuickNews, you listening?)

Karl
    www.karlz.tv
    Quote Originally Posted by freakfarm
    I've gotten the stream to work, but it just stops when the phone goes off (longest time is 3 minutes). Is this supposed to be happening?

Also..it's quite annoying how the browser will not save my password info and I have to type my XM password each time I go back to the site.
    To answer my own post. You're screwed if you use security (phone lock with password) on your treo. Guess I have to turn that off while listening and then turn it back on when I'm done (to keep my phone somewhat secure).
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jscottcj
    is there a similar link for sirius out there... that's not buried on page 8 of 24 page thread?
    BUMP - anyone gotten Sirius to work?
    Quote Originally Posted by tripm
    BUMP - anyone gotten Sirius to work?
    I've had no luck -- it looks like XM has a website to accommodate mobile devices. From what I gathered, Sirius does not have such a website. We may be S.O.L.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    It would be nice to get a program like this one http://www.emulamer.com/SiriuCE.html written for the 700p...
    Thanks NJ Dog Doc for the tip c the 5 way! That works great. I can change channels finally! As for entering your username and password, freakfarm, take a closer look at the log in page and there is a place you can have it remember you. I am automatically logged in each time I go to the minixm page and only have to pick my channel. Ditto others regarding the dropdown list. I overlooked it initially as well. Lots of choices.
    D
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Dog Doc
    Did you see the drop down box? There are over 100 channels.
    Uh huh. Like when you drop down to "Talk" there is one lousy channel there. Same for the News selection. Am I doing something wrong?
    Uh huh. Like when you drop down to "Talk" there is one lousy channel there. Same for the News selection. Am I doing something wrong?
    Lots of music...I guess not too much talk.
    Help me out guys. I can't get minixm to work. I get this error:
    Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error "8007000e" Not Enough space on temp disk. Any clue???
    --
    Brett
    I300->I500-->650-->700p
    XM doesn't have the rights to stream most of the talk and news stations. It's mostly just the music channels.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast