Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyDoc
    I finally got around to trying to stream XM. No probs going to the minixm page and getting it to stream. But when kinoma player loads it changes the page to "full screen", with "XM radio" printed in the center and no way to get back. I can't get the music to stop w/o going to the apps or phone and then the music stops and I have to go back to the web again to start all over again and pick another channel! Any way to get the kinoma player to stay "half page" so we can use the controls?
    thank,
    d
    Did you use the 5 way to bring the toolbar back up while it's playing?
    XM Mini has been down all day...when you try to stream it, it comes back as "unsupported stream format"

I hope they aren't pulling a Sirius and thinking of charging twice for the same content.

As for "Talk", it has High Voltage.
    O&A is all you need!
    Nevermind....XM Mini is back and working again
    I have a question about the minixm...is it actually owned by XM radio, or is it someone else doing it...I did a whois search and the minixm.com domain isn't registered to XM that I can tell....it makes me nervous to put in my password and user name for XM to some other site that I know nothing about...anyone know anything to calm my paranoid mind
    how much is a subscription anyway?
  6.    #26  
    Ah so. Too bad. I wonder if they ever will. One of the channels I wanted to stream was Fox News Channel, but I guess we can do this via SprintTV, so that is an acceptable work around. Thanks for the info.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    With a radio it's 13 bucks a month - but I think online only is a bit cheaper..
    All,
    I have been using the MiniXM program to stream XM for about two weeks now. Works pretty well. I have a few questions still:
    1. Anyone figured out a way to display more info on the 700P from the site? The "demo" on their website shows artist, album, title, album art, etc. I suspect this is a deficiency of the Kinoma Player, but was wondering if anyone found a way to get this info. (I know, I'm getting greedy here, but throw me a bone after having to deal c the nearly constant slowdowns, white screens of death, jumpy pockettunes, etc.). I "donated" my loaded 650 via a lottery to one of our residents today at the hospital and almost am regretting it. I think I may want it back! Will hold the faith that Palm will fix this soon.
    thanks,
    D
    Is there a way to control the volume in Kinoma? I'm in the middle of a cube farm, so I can't currently stream XM at work because the sound is WAY to loud. It disturbs the other aminals. I can't find a way to effectively lower the sound. ESPECIALLY while sreaming.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    If at first you don't succeed...skydiving is not for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor
    SWEET! Had the same problem, just hadn't gotten around to research it.

Thanks!
    link does not work on the 700p
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMooch
    Is there a way to control the volume in Kinoma? I'm in the middle of a cube farm, so I can't currently stream XM at work because the sound is WAY to loud. It disturbs the other aminals. I can't find a way to effectively lower the sound. ESPECIALLY while sreaming.
    Have you tried the two large side buttons on the Treo?
    Quote Originally Posted by Meinken
    Have you tried the two large side buttons on the Treo?

Ah yes...sarcasm at its best...WHY didn't I think of that? Why not just use the VOLUME buttons?!?

You dolt. Do you ACTUALLY think I din't try that!? The only thing the volume buttons seem to do for me is the same thing as the center button...take it out of the full screen mode and bring up the nav buttons.

Thus my question. While there is the possibility that Butler or some other program that hijacks the side buttons is causing this issue, I thought I would ask and see if anyone else has this issue.

So I'll just ask you for a simple one word answer (although in all likelyhood I'll received many more words than one)..DO the volume buttons work for you in Kinoma? If so, then I know where the problem is likely being caused.
    Yup, Butler was hijacking the side buttons. Thanks for the assist Meinken!
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMooch
    Ah yes...sarcasm at its best...WHY didn't I think of that? Why not just use the VOLUME buttons?!?

You dolt. Do you ACTUALLY think I din't try that!? The only thing the volume buttons seem to do for me is the same thing as the center button...take it out of the full screen mode and bring up the nav buttons.
    I guess it is true, that intent is hard to read on the net. I called them the large buttons cause I didn't have any other name for them. Glad you were able to get your problem solved. And yes, sometimes the obvious is what was missed. If you've worked tech support and found out after a bit of troubleshooting, that the machine was unplugged, you'd ask the obvious too.
    is there any other place to stream XM cause Im having trouble streming at 64k and i dont like the quality of the 32k stream
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano
    is there any other place to stream XM cause Im having trouble streming at 64k and i dont like the quality of the 32k stream
    Yeah, your computer.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    BTW.. someone mentioned not being able to minimize the player using the button on the bottom right. This is not a player minimize button. If you watch video streams, this toggles through 3 video display modes, like fullscreen...etc.
    bit_bucket
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano
    http://www.xstreamxm.com/mobile/start.php

But if you are having trouble with 64K and not happy with 32K on minixm then I doubt this is going to make a difference.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12