Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Is anyone experiencing a problem with the touchscreen losing its calibration after every soft reset? Everything is fine until a reset. After it reboots, though, the screen reacts about half an inch above wherever I press. Once I recalibrate, it's fine again, but I don't want to recalibrate after every reset.
    Yes I had that problem several times,,,, but not consistently.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Weird. I'm getting it every time.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Further to my post about having to recalibrate the touchscreen after every reset: It turns out that the problem has gone away now that I've elected to have the system time set automatically by the network.
    Quote Originally Posted by mal5z
    Is anyone experiencing a problem with the touchscreen losing its calibration after every soft reset? Everything is fine until a reset. After it reboots, though, the screen reacts about half an inch above wherever I press. Once I recalibrate, it's fine again, but I don't want to recalibrate after every reset.

Yup - I've seen that intermittently. (EDIT) - seems you're right - happens after a soft reset.
    Last edited by stuartr; 06/01/2006 at 01:56 PM.
    Same here!
    I have had that problem intermittently too, but not a half inch, usually just a quarter inch or so.
    add me to the list ... does not matter for me whether system time is set by the network or not
    hrm... pretty sure me too O_x
    samething with me. had a soft reset throwing up LPJ (causes a lot of resets on the 700 sad face)...but each time it came back up...had to recalibrate.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    same here
    not me...
    I wouldn't have noticed it as being to weird but the fact that it is a huge 1/3 inch (at least) really threw me off!
    Anyone know whats causing this? I get it after every reset.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Same here...
    It's been suggested above that turning on Date & Time Network Syncing will solve the issue.

Go to Prefs, select Date & Time, then check the 'Get date & time from mobile network.'

See if that solves your problem. If it does, please post back about your experiences so we can better define the problem.
    I originally had both "get time" and "get timezone" checked. However, after unckecking "get timezone" the problem has disappeared.
    I originally had both "get time" and "get timezone" checked. However, after unckecking "get timezone" the problem has disappeared.
    I confirm that this worked for me... Thank you! It was really getting to be a pain to have to recalibrate the touchscreen after every reset... especially since it seems to want to reset randomly at times...

This does not work on my VZW 700P.
    Worked for me on Sprint 700p, nice find
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast