Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 275
  1.    #1  
    I have installed some MP3's to my storage card today. When I listen on pocket tunes sound jumps. When i listen using TCPMP player no problem. Anyone else experience similar issues.
  2. #2  
    I noticed it when switching apps with pocket tunes running in the background.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  3.    #3  
    i also noticed that but biggest consern during actual play.
  4. #4  
    is chatteremail downloading in the background?

    if so then messages are being stored on your SD card while playing, causing it to be choppy
  5. #5  
    ptunes is choppy on the 700p because it doesn't run very quickly. The 650 was much faster and could handle the background play better.
  6.    #6  
    Maybe chatter mail maybe not. I have disable chatter mail for the test. Still jumpy?? I also see KBPS jumping from 192 to 256 up and down???
  7. #7  
    Choppier audio even after a hard reset with NOTHING installed.
  8. btbrewer's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    #8  
    My Verizon 700P is terrible with playing PockeTunes in the background. As long as the screen is on it sounds fine. As soon as the screen goes blank (to sleep) I get a "blip" in the audio that corresponds exactly to the flashing of the green status LED.

    Of course I am a huge fan of Disco lighting effects, but this really sucks! My 600 played much better.
  9. karlz's Avatar
    Posts
    172 Posts
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    #9  
    Yes but the question is, since it has Pocket Tunes in ROM, those of us (me) that had already purchased it install it, do I now have RAM taken up or does it update the ROM for it?

    Karl
    www.karlz.tv
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by karlz
    Yes but the question is, since it has Pocket Tunes in ROM, those of us (me) that had already purchased it install it, do I now have RAM taken up or does it update the ROM for it?

    Karl
    www.karlz.tv
    No question about it. If you install an updated version it goes into RAM. ROM is ROM.
  11.    #11  
    do you guys belive if we remove the pocket tunes from the ROM using ROM tools and install it on top like a regular app it will fix the problem?
  12. #12  
    My ptunes also is choppy, aeroplayer (my preferred player) is fine.
    Jimmie Geddes
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentMember
    do you guys belive if we remove the pocket tunes from the ROM using ROM tools and install it on top like a regular app it will fix the problem?
    I'd like to know as well, but we'll just have to wait for Shadowmite or mmastrac to release new ROM Tools compatible w/ the 700P. Once they do, I won't be keeping Docs2Go or PTunes in ROM.
  14. #14  
    Anyone try the PTunes 3.1.5 update? That fixed those same kind of issues on the LifeDrive. I know it was a cache/hard drive issue on the LD, but it's worth a shot.
    Sprint Treo 755p
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by btbrewer
    My Verizon 700P is terrible with playing PockeTunes in the background. As long as the screen is on it sounds fine. As soon as the screen goes blank (to sleep) I get a "blip" in the audio that corresponds exactly to the flashing of the green status LED.

    Of course I am a huge fan of Disco lighting effects, but this really sucks! My 600 played much better.
    I'm have the exact problems has soon as the light goes off it skips about every 3 seconds. Worked perfect on 650.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by pilot1000
    Anyone try the PTunes 3.1.5 update? That fixed those same kind of issues on the LifeDrive. I know it was a cache/hard drive issue on the LD, but it's worth a shot.
    Doesn't fix anything on the 700p. That's why I don't think that Ptunes being in ROM has anything to do with the choppiness. I loaded 3.1.5 into RAM and played music through it and still got the jumping.
  17. #17  
    I updated mine as well, and still have the choppiness. Maybe we should let normsoft know
    Jimmie Geddes
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by btbrewer
    My Verizon 700P is terrible with playing PockeTunes in the background. As long as the screen is on it sounds fine. As soon as the screen goes blank (to sleep) I get a "blip" in the audio that corresponds exactly to the flashing of the green status LED.
    Under "Advanced Prefs" is the option checked for "Flash LED while screen is off"? I'm wondering if you un-check that if it will fix the problem, or if it's something else that's causing the flash.

    Oh, also, does it still "jump" when the phone is off, or just when the phone is on?

    Sorry if this sounds ignorant -- I'm a LifeDrive user, but soon to be a 700p owner.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by btbrewer
    My Verizon 700P is terrible with playing PockeTunes in the background. As long as the screen is on it sounds fine. As soon as the screen goes blank (to sleep) I get a "blip" in the audio that corresponds exactly to the flashing of the green status LED.

    Of course I am a huge fan of Disco lighting effects, but this really sucks! My 600 played much better.

    Maybe thats why our SPRINT 700p led lights don't flash. Playing pocket tunes and the led flash is too multi tasking
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ
    Maybe thats why our SPRINT 700p led lights don't flash. Playing pocket tunes and the led flash is too multi tasking
    You might be right. LOL
Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions