Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vflopez
    Please try this solution posted by stevengoh in the Palm Apps forum:

"A workaround for your audible clicks & skips problem is to uncheck pTunes' auto-screen off feature, and tap the power switch to turn the screen off while pTunes is playing."

This worked for me.
    Auto screen off feature worked for me to. No more skips It does skip like crazy when surfing the next and when my email downloads though...no matter what I do.
    I have this auto-screen-off disabled as well as the PC pred communication disabled as well. Still skips. I expect some when changign apps, but not as bad as it does and I should be able to run chatter as well.
    My report:
    Sprint 700p running deluxe version. PTunes rock solid when playing in background and doing nothing else so I thought I was safe. I did hear some hesitation and skipping when switching applications but I recalled that from my 650 so no big deal.

However, as reported by others, big time skipping problems when actually doing something in other apps: surfing, taking a picture, etc. I've lost my 650 and I actually have no recollection as to whether this was the case with ptunes playing in the background.

I'm going to check at the Normsoft site on the latest. It seems strange that they can't replicate.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aykim

I'm going to check at the Normsoft site on the latest. It seems strange that they can't replicate.
    Yeah, it seems we as users have absolutely no problem producing or "replicating" the problem. I'd sure like to see some movement by NormSoft (or Palm) on fixing this...
    Normsoft can replicate the problem. They said that they also gets lots of skipping when playing in the background and working on other apps. They claim to be skip-free when ptunes is playing in the foreground (as per the emails that I've received from them.)
    Thanks 2000. What was the ultimate consensus on skipping on 650 while tooling around on the web and such? I cant' believe I can't remember this clearly (as I just lost my 650 only a few days ago), but my vague recollection was that there was no skipping. Although maybe browsing was just so painfully slow that I never really did it while listening to ptunes.

In any event, is that the last word on Normsoft? That is, "Sorry guys, but we're just going to have live with this problem?"
    I rarely get skipping on my 650 with ptunes playing in the background. The only time that I get any real skipping is when I do a manual backup using BackupMan. Otherwise, I'm skip-free on my 650.

What's really surprising is that Palm new about the problem before they even released the 700p. Whatever changes they made with the OS must have killed the speed. I wonder if that's just the price that we'll all have to pay being able to use EV-DO. That would really suck if it's the case.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Is there anyway to know the type and brand of memory they use (to check if its the physical speed of the memory)?
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    I'm experiencing slow reads and writes to my brand spankin' new adata 150x 4gb in my sprint 700p.

I got vfsmark. http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/vfsmark.shtml

My results leave much to be desired.

How did this guy...

http://www.gearbits.com/archives/200...revious_p.html

... get such superior results?
    I got a VFSMark score of 1411 on my 650 and 988 on my 700p. That was with an A-DATA 150x 2GB card and the FAT32 prc in my 650's ROM.
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    Add me to the list of those who have major issues with choppiness.

This week was my 1st real attempt at using Pocket Tunes as I was flying extensively with lots of airport wait time.

Pocket Tunes Deluxe is what I use as I purchased it for my 650. On my 650 it worked beautifully with very little pausing for a split second when I switched apps. But I could use email, docs to go, or anything else with no problems.

On my 700 it was a nightmare. Choppy and stuttering constantly. I don't have Chatter and tried to use it without running any other apps. Just closed my eyes and tried to enjoy some music. Every attempt ended in frustration as I could never get it to play smoothly.

I'm quite jealous of those who say they have no issues.
    Let me add one addendum: I had much stuttering when surfing, changing apps on 700p. I wanted to do a clean install anyway, so I did hard reset. Ptunes was one of the first apps I placed on the device. It's updated now to 3.1.5 (but for some reason, it won't take my key and also the interface looks different).

In any event, I now cannot make it stutter. I change apps, surf hard, etc. and it's rock solid. I haven't loaded anything else on yet.

Maybe this is not a surprising result. Maybe as I add on further apps, it taxes the processor further. But I thought I'd report.
    Different problem. I have what I would call a worm on my data card. My mp3 list has a song titled "original" by artist "moodlex". I can't delete it, I didn't put it on my card, and can't see it with filez . Some joker has gone high tech to be a palm pain. Don't want to reformat the card and load stuff again. Any suggestions? ps. My p-tunes latest version is also jumpy when running in the background and trying to do anything else on the phone. Tried everything suggested, still jumpy. Confident pocket tunes will have a fix, they have been good about updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ
    Different problem. I have what I would call a worm on my data card. My mp3 list has a song titled "original" by artist "moodlex". I can't delete it, I didn't put it on my card, and can't see it with filez . Some joker has gone high tech to be a palm pain. Don't want to reformat the card and load stuff again. Any suggestions? ps. My p-tunes latest version is also jumpy when running in the background and trying to do anything else on the phone. Tried everything suggested, still jumpy. Confident pocket tunes will have a fix, they have been good about updates.
    They're not on your card. They are in ROM as "demo files" and are, unfortunately, a permanent part of Ptunes. I have 'em, too and I suspect we all have them. Too bad. Just wastes space. I'm sure we will all listen to them over and over and over........
    TMFJOHTMWPT!!! How many are there?
    I was having all of the jumpy issues described, including the 30 second "Chatter" jump, big bad skips when changing apps, browsing websites. Then I did 3 things - unchecked auto off, turned off the PC update link, and deleted all of my Versamail files (as described in another thread). Now I get very good background streaming capabilites (radioiorock at 128) with no stutters, even when switching apps. Thanks to all for the suggestions.
    Quote Originally Posted by grim02
    I was having all of the jumpy issues described, including the 30 second "Chatter" jump, big bad skips when changing apps, browsing websites. Then I did 3 things - unchecked auto off, turned off the PC update link, and deleted all of my Versamail files (as described in another thread). Now I get very good background streaming capabilites (radioiorock at 128) with no stutters, even when switching apps. Thanks to all for the suggestions.
    hate to ask this but can you give a step by step for all of us palm novices?
    thanks
    ~there is no spoon~
    I have done the same thins as grim, but still get that stutter/pause every 30 seconds or so. Changing apps and background skip more. I would be happy at this point just for a solid playback in PT without that pause.
    Quote Originally Posted by mushedroom
    hate to ask this but can you give a step by step for all of us palm novices?
    thanks
    Sure thing. To note, I'm using Pocket Tunes Deluxe version 3.1.5 on a Sprint 700p.

1. Delete all things Versamail using FileZ. I did this by opening FileZ, sorting the installed program list by Creator, and deleting all files by Creator asc3 or asc4 that start with "MM". (I believe all files by creator asc3 and asc4 start with MM, but I don't have them anymore to verify).

2. Pocket Tunes settings:
    * Prefs -> General Preferences, I unchecked "Turn off screen while playing" and "unless the Palm is in its cradle". And now that I look at it, I unchecked everything on this screen (and turned Volume Boost off).
    * Prefs -> Background Preferences, I leave all of those checked (and assign Bring up console button to "Calendar")
    * Prefs -> Crossfade Preferences, I uncheck this
    * Prefs -> Advanced Preferences, all checked except "Start playing on startup" and "Stop playing after ___ minutes"
    * Prefs -> Copy from PC Prefs, "Communication" set to Off. "Choose where to save music" set to "Automatic"

My untested theory is that scrapping Versamail made the biggest difference, with setting the PC Prefs Communication to off helping as well. I'm using MobilityWare's excellent TapSmart KeyLink program to control my Treo from my desktop at work. Before following those steps, I couldn't stream music while having KeyLink and Chatter running as well. Now I can do it with virtually zero skipping. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by grim02
    Sure thing. To note, I'm using Pocket Tunes Deluxe version 3.1.5 on a Sprint 700p.

1. Delete all things Versamail using FileZ. I did this by opening FileZ, sorting the installed program list by Creator, and deleting all files by Creator asc3 or asc4 that start with "MM". (I believe all files by creator asc3 and asc4 start with MM, but I don't have them anymore to verify).

2. Pocket Tunes settings:
    * Prefs -> General Preferences, I unchecked "Turn off screen while playing" and "unless the Palm is in its cradle". And now that I look at it, I unchecked everything on this screen (and turned Volume Boost off).
    * Prefs -> Background Preferences, I leave all of those checked (and assign Bring up console button to "Calendar")
    * Prefs -> Crossfade Preferences, I uncheck this
    * Prefs -> Advanced Preferences, all checked except "Start playing on startup" and "Stop playing after ___ minutes"
    * Prefs -> Copy from PC Prefs, "Communication" set to Off. "Choose where to save music" set to "Automatic"

My untested theory is that scrapping Versamail made the biggest difference, with setting the PC Prefs Communication to off helping as well. I'm using MobilityWare's excellent TapSmart KeyLink program to control my Treo from my desktop at work. Before following those steps, I couldn't stream music while having KeyLink and Chatter running as well. Now I can do it with virtually zero skipping. Good luck.
    thanks grim!!!
    you rock!
    ~there is no spoon~