Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
    I'm running the deluxe version of ptunes as well as Chattermail configured to constantly receive mail. With Chattermail on, ptunes will skip occasionally...with Chattermail off, no skips at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by enagel
    I'm running the deluxe version of ptunes as well as Chattermail configured to constantly receive mail. With Chattermail on, ptunes will skip occasionally...with Chattermail off, no skips at all.
    No skips, even when switching apps or browsing the web in Blazer? Maybe I really do just have a defective phone...
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl
    No skips, even when switching apps or browsing the web in Blazer? Maybe I really do just have a defective phone...
    Exact same symptoms here involving Chatter email, but once closed I also get skips moving from processor and/or internet intensive (take that as you may) applications such as Docs to Go, Blazer, QuickNews, SprintTV, etc.
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    As I've been listening to it more, it seems to skip frequently when I first start a song. By the end of the song and through the rest of the playlist, pocket tunes seems to skip much less frequently. Anyone else find this true?
    <br>
    I already switched to AeroPlayer which works better than PTunes on my Sprint 700p. AeroPlayer still skips a couple/few times per song sporadically, but it's way better than PTune skipping every 10-15 seconds for every song. It's a shame. I'm not blaming PTunes for this skipping problem since it's hard to figure out the precise source of the problem. At this point, I just want to use something that works okay.

Casey
    Does it make sense to compare VFSMark scores? My 700p has been pathetically slow with the same card that was fast in my 650. pTunes skips randomly maybe once every few mins and whenever I switch to large apps (or card apps).

2GB 150x AData FAT32

VFSMark Results

File Create: 113%
    File Delete: 46%
    File Write: 113%
    File Read: 760%
    File Seek: 2360%
    DB Export: 56%
    DB Import: 109%
    Record Access: 1248%
    Resource Access: 1129%

VFSMark: 659
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    VFSMark, Speedy, pBench, whatever. They all point to the same thing: the 700p is much slower than the 650.
    anything from the PTunes people?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fafafoooey
    anything from the PTunes people?
    Nothing from them and nothing from Palm, other than the listing in their support section two weeks before the 700p went on sale. It's so funny that they knew about the problem.
    I've notice if you use lower bitrate MP3, ptunes is less likely to skip. I can listen to all my podcast at 64 bitrate without a skip. However, when I listen to a mp3 at 128 bitrate or greater, the playback skips quite often.

I am running Chatter in the background as well.

All in all, we have to wait for the next firmware release (hopefully soon) that would tweak the 700p for more performance.
    I have a Verizon 700p with very few installed apps. Like others have said, my pocket tunes (deluxe) ONLY skips when I come back into a coverage area after having no signal. If i'm listening to PT on the train, I'll know exactly where I've regained service. My PT will go crazy for about 10 seconds, clearly because the phone is working on that signal. This happens on the subway in NYC too, since you get a faint signal for a few seconds on some of the lines (4/5/6 near Fulton), so my PT will do the same thing inside the subway as well.

I do not have or use Chatter, and have not activated any activesync or whatever it's called. All I use is Blazer and Versamail, which polls my gmail account every hour.

The jumpiness for me is clearly caused by the phone regaining service, and the processes associated with that.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pilot1000
    Anyone try the PTunes 3.1.5 update? That fixed those same kind of issues on the LifeDrive. I know it was a cache/hard drive issue on the LD, but it's worth a shot.
    I downloaded the 3.1.5. version and I can't even change skins because I don't have access to the 'Tools' choice in the drop-down menu. My song files are on my SD card. They aren't showing up in pTunes. I can't find the downloaded skins.
    Well, somehow, I got PTunes working on my 700 without any apparent skipping, other than the every so often hiccup when Chatter is receiving an actual e-mail, which is consistent with what my 650 did. Here is the e-mail I just sent to NormSoft describing what I did. Others might try to see if it works for you.
    -----------
    Hi -

While this is (hopefully) good news for me, it is probably not great news for you guys because it seems likely only to add to the confusion about what is going on with PTunes on the 700.

However, earlier today I did a hard reset. Checked PTunes, no skipping. Then restored the 700 without the backup folder. I then proceeded to reinstall apps and files one at a time, at each step checking PTunes--still no skipping. I reinstalled Ultrasoft Money, Butler, Filez, Toccer, SplashPhoto, DirAssist, Flight Status, my midi ringtones, my Blazer bookmarks and cookies, my SMS message database and my phone favorites. No skipping. Added Chatter last, as I suspected that might have been the culprit. Now have Chatter installed and running, and no skipping! (I'm knocking on wood as I type). Running in background fine, doesn't seem to be skipping when switching apps, etc. The occasional hiccup when Chatter is receiving a message, but it did that on the 650 and was actually not a problem because I'd just go check to see what it was before Chatter notified.

The only difference is that I did NOT reinstall Verichat, as it is currently not working on the 700. However, because it hasn't been working, I haven't been running it. So, not sure that would have any effect here, but I'm not taking any chances.

Is there any other info I might be able to provide based on the above that would be of use to you?

BTW, I am running the version of PTunes off the ROM. I have the version I purchased on my SD card, but this is all working off the ROM.

Thanks.
    http://palmaddict.typepad.com/palmad...ocket_tun.html

This stops the skipping, you can't have chatter, or another email app running in the background. You have to go to in ptunes-menu-copy from pc prefs-communication set it to off. This stops the skipping, but you can't have something like chatter running in the background.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I have Chatter running in background and currently no skipping....
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes

This stops the skipping, you can't have chatter, or another email app running in the background. You have to go to in ptunes-menu-copy from pc prefs-communication set it to off. This stops the skipping, but you can't have something like chatter running in the background.
    This seems to have fixed the problem for me, but I'm still testing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes

Already mentioned and it doesn't work.
    Also that option doesn't exist if you've upgraded to 3.5.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by pin0y_bear
    Also that option doesn't exist if you've upgraded to 3.5.1.
    I believe you mean version 3.1.5 Pocket Tunes Deluxe?

Looks like that option in this version is at Menu, Copy from PC Prefs, Communication "Off"

Quitting Chatter with this option "Off" doesn't resolve the skipping for me.
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    Please try this solution posted by stevengoh in the Palm Apps forum:

"A workaround for your audible clicks & skips problem is to uncheck pTunes' auto-screen off feature, and tap the power switch to turn the screen off while pTunes is playing."

This worked for me.
    Newton 120 > PalmPilot Pro > Palm III > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Treo 90 > Treo 600 (Sprint) > Treo 700p (Verizon)
    ----------------------------Nokia 5160------------------> Motorola V8160 ^
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast