Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    bonron, ptunes on my sprint T650 SKIPPED whenever I ran any apps while its palying or whenever the signal faded. So, in my own hands it is no worse on the 700 than it was on the 650. Don't get me wrong I would love to see a solution to the skipping while running other apps.

P.S. realplayer on the 650 skipped so bad that I swithced to ptunes
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxtreo
    Could it be that I have found a possible solution???

Deselecting the "turn screen off screen" option in PT general preferences stopped the continuous skipping for me. It is repeatable, in that re-selecting this option brings back skipping. Skipping is minimized to switching apps and Text Plus pop ups. Much improved IMO. Feedback?

Verizon 700p (Brand New )
    PT 3.1.5
    I never had that option enabled on mine and still got plenty of skipping when switching apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxtreo
    Could it be that I have found a possible solution???

Deselecting the "turn screen off while playing" option in PT general preferences stopped the continuous skipping for me. It is repeatable, in that re-selecting this option brings back skipping. Skipping is minimized to switching apps and Text Plus pop ups. Much improved IMO. Feedback?

Verizon 700p (Brand New )
    PT 3.1.5
    Not much of a difference here either with unchecking that option. Still get a lot of skips when other applications are doing something (unlike my 650 which did this quite well with pTunes running). Quitting Chatter as in "dnimtz" post earlier speeds things up quite a bit, but I'm thinking this is a Pocket Tunes issue.
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    It's better than that. Now you can turn the screen off manually without skipping!
    I had this problem, but it doesn't happen any more.

Just go to preferences and uncheck the "turn off screen while playing" option. pdxtreo has it right. I emailed the answer to NormSoft last week, so they might have a solution for it in the next version.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTreo
    I had this problem, but it doesn't happen any more.

Just go to preferences and uncheck the "turn off screen while playing" option. pdxtreo has it right. I emailed the answer to NormSoft last week, so they might have a solution for it in the next version.
    But I still have skipping in Audible.
    Turning that option off does not eliminate skipping for me.
    This approach definitely does not eliminate all skipping, just the continuous skipping every 3-5 seconds when the screen is off, etc. PT still skips more often on the 700 vs. 650/600, but it is much more tolerable with this option deselected.
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
    switching between apps should cause minimal skipping. But it should not skip frequently while in PT. I have it screen on and screen off.
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    bonron, ptunes on my sprint T650 SKIPPED whenever I ran any apps while its palying or whenever the signal faded. So, in my own hands it is no worse on the 700 than it was on the 650. Don't get me wrong I would love to see a solution to the skipping while running other apps.

P.S. realplayer on the 650 skipped so bad that I swithced to ptunes
    You must have had a bad 650 then, or I have an especially good one. Mine never skips when I'm running apps on the 650. I can check email, play games, add appointments to the calendar, etc. and it never skips. With the 700p, it skips if I try to do just about anything.
    The 650 for me only skipped when changing apps. Though would also get some if trying to surf. The 700 seems to skipp a lot for me. When data connection is being used you can forget about it (not even if being used, just if it is connected or on)
    One thing I've seen in this thread is people saying the 700p is slower than the 650. Why is that? I haven't noticed any noticeable speed difference since I switched.
    Quote Originally Posted by pin0y_bear
    One thing I've seen in this thread is people saying the 700p is slower than the 650. Why is that? I haven't noticed any noticeable speed difference since I switched.
    Have you run the benchmarking apps? There's a big difference in speed between the two.
    Could it just be that everyone was itchy to get all their programs that worked on the 650 put into the 700p that's not working properly slowing things down???

Mine seems to run just as fast as the 650 (other than internet, which is faster), but then again I don't have a ton of programs loaded on to it.

Let's face it, if Normsoft, which had an advance copy of the 700p to work with before the Treo was released and has a major bug in it, think about what devious things third party software that wasn't tested on the Treo 700p could do to crash, slow down and mess up other programs.
    Sure benchmarking and everyday use are apples and oranges. I'm wondering where I would see a noticeable performance difference other than running benchmarks.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Doesn't fix anything on the 700p. That's why I don't think that Ptunes being in ROM has anything to do with the choppiness. I loaded 3.1.5 into RAM and played music through it and still got the jumping.

Oh D@mn! PTunes used to run great on my T650. Now it's cr@p on my 700p!! I too downloaded the latest 3.1.5 update, but still get the jumpy/skippy glitch every 5 to 10 seconds.

Also, when I plug in my external earphones, I immediately hear a hissing sound, even though nothing is playing yet. Is this normal? Didn't happen before with my T650 as I recall.

What's the solution to this jumpy/skip problem? Will spending more money on the upgrade help? Or should we change to a different app? It's a shame because we used to slam RealPlayer as crap in favor of PTunes, but now this has all changed for the worst!

Thanks, Casey
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseJstreet
    Not much of a difference here either with unchecking that option. Still get a lot of skips when other applications are doing something (unlike my 650 which did this quite well with pTunes running). Quitting Chatter as in "dnimtz" post earlier speeds things up quite a bit, but I'm thinking this is a Pocket Tunes issue.

I tried this too, but nothing worked. Turning off screen, and turning off Chatter don't work for me. The skipping problem persists with my 700p. Any other possible solutions?

Casey
    Did you go into prefs and disconnect from the network?
    I don't even have Chatter installed on my 700p and ptunes skips. Ugh.
    I emailed PTunes tech support earlier today about the jumpy/skippy problem, and I got back this reply today. Does anyone think the below reply is helpful? See below for reply from PTunes:

Hello,

I would like to verify that you have install Pocket Tunes Deluxe on your Treo 700p using these exact steps:

1. Download
    If you have a windows desktop, download and save on your hard drive the Pocket Tunes installer available at: http://www.pocket-tunes.com/scripts/...ct=ENGLISH_EXE
    For other desktop, download and save on your hard drive the Pocket Tunes zip available at: http://www.pocket-tunes.com/scripts/...ct=ENGLISH_ZIP

2. Installation
    Please use the following instructions to install Pocket Tunes: http://www.pocket-tunes.com/pockettu...tml#Installing

3. Entering the Registration Code
    You must reinter your Pocket Tunes Deluxe Registration Code or you will not be using the Deluxe version. Here is your Registration Code: XXXXXX (DELETED). If you ever need it again, we now have an automatic Registration Code retrieval system on our support page here http://www.pocket-tunes.com/scripts/support.php. It will allow you to get your Registration Code within 30 minutes. To enter your Registration Code:

3.1. Open Pocket Tunes on your device
    3.2. Tap "OK" at the reminder screen (you may not see a reminder screen)
    3.3. Tap the "Menu" icon on your device
    3.4. Tap "Help"
    3.5. Tap "About Pocket Tunes"
    3.6. Tap the dotted line or area below "Registration Code" (the code won't enter without it) then enter your code including the 3 letters before the 11 numbers
    3.7. Tap "Done"

You should get a message thanking you for registering. If you don't get this message, please repeat step 3.6 carefully. If you get an error message, could you please write down, word for word, the error message(s) that you are getting on the screen of your device. Make sure to include any error code (numbers) that might be included in the error message. If you provide this information it will help tremendously to narrow down the problem.

Concerning the skipping on the Treo700p, I'm sorry that you experiencing this issue.

We have had a couple of reports of skipping on the 700p. Unfortunately we have not been able to reproduce it on any of our devices. Can you try something and provide a bit of information?

First, try a soft reset and see if that stops the issue, I was able to get the device to skip once and a soft reset stopped it and it has not skipped since then.

Can you answer the following, please:

1) Are you using Sprint or Verizon?
    2) Did you upgrade from a previous device? If yes, how did add your programs into the new device, from a backup of your previous device or fresh install of third party programs?
    3) If you are on Verizon, did you activate Wireless Sync?
    4) Did you install any other third party programs (programs that did not come with the device) onto your 700p? If so what were they?
    5) Do you find it happens more often when the phone is on? Off? or doesn't matter?

Please be sure to visit our new "Featured Artists" page, where you can download free music and sample tracks from our featured artists! You will find the Featured Artist page at

http://www.pocket-tunes.com/artist/artist.htm

Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.

When responding, please reply to this message (leaving the case # in the subject line) rather than starting a new message.

Take care
    Thierry
    NormSoft Support Team
    NormSoft, Inc.
    www.normsoft.com

-----Original Message-----
    Date: 8 Jun 2006 15:46:05 -0000
    To: support@normsoft.com
    Subject: Customer support inquiry from [email]

>A support request was received from 199.250.8.220 (User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322))
    >
    >-- Start of request --
    >
    >Product: Pocket Tunes
    >Name: Casey Cheung
    >Email: [email]
    >Device: Treo 700p
    >Version: 3.1.5
    >Reg Code: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    >Question:
    >
    >I have the new Palm Treo 700p. PTunes skips and jumps during every song every 5 to 10 seconds. PTunes used to work perfectly on my Treo 650, but not it works badly on my new 700p. Also, what happened to the bass/treble controls which has disappeared. Lastly, when I plug in my earphones to my Palm 700p, I immediately hear a hissing noise, even though nothing is playing...very strange. I also updated to version 3.1.5 but this did nothing for resolving these problems.

>I had previously paid for the deluxe version of PTunes, so I hope I don't need to pay again.

>Thanks!
    >Casey Cheung
    Last edited by Casey Cheung; 06/08/2006 at 10:05 PM.
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast