Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Pocket tunes regularly makes improvements to their program and issues updates. I am not concerned. I had zero issues with the 650, the 700p is jumpy when running in the background but I am convinced they will have a fix for it soon.
    It was chopping on the train ride this evening. I believe the radio getting reception had something to do with it because it was choppy when I exited the tunnel, and choppy as I was entering and losing reception.
    Not sure about that. I was playing with it tonight and it was choppy--and that was with the radio off and the phone unprovisioned, since I switched back to my 650 due to all the issues. Nothing else running but PTunes. Still skipping. Not good. Very disappointing.
    You could be right on that point as well, Mike.

I'm tempted to install the free RealPlayer (mp3's only) that came with my Tungsten T3, but I'm afraid that it may not play nice with the Treo's phone application.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf
    Not sure about that. I was playing with it tonight and it was choppy--and that was with the radio off and the phone unprovisioned, since I switched back to my 650 due to all the issues. Nothing else running but PTunes. Still skipping. Not good. Very disappointing.
    That sucks. Were you using the version of ptunes that come on the 700p or an upgraded version?
    Bonron -

Tested that out, too. First was using upgraded version I purchased and have been using perfectly on the 650. It skipped.

Deleted it and reverted back to version running off ROM. It also skipped.

So....Houston, we have a problem.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    I'll add my two cents. on the train this morning playing with ptunes for the first time, and its MUCH worse then the 650. I had the same apps running on the 650 and the choppyness wasn't nearly as bad. I don't know why it is, but I'm guessing it will be fixed. ahh - fun to be the beta testers of the 700p. to speak to those who say the 700p is slower then the 650 - I believe the spec is the same, and I would guess its underclocked to keep stabillity. Maybe the next rom release will fix that.
    FYI, I reported this issue to Normsoft & referenced this thread.
    With the 700p benchmarking so much lower than the 650, I wonder how much Normsoft will be able to do until Palm issues a rom release.
    I liked the ptunes on my 650 so much I decided to hold off upgrading my ipod and just put everything in my treo. I'd rather have one device to lug around than 2, even though the ipod has more memory and IS easier to use. Real letdown that ptunes wasn't thoroughly checked for bugs before the 700p shipped out. This is a MAJOR bug and for the amount of money we are spending for 700p, plus data plans to have the media player that comes pre-installed on it not to work outa the box is a big blunder in my book. Hey, we're not talking about some third party software that someone does out of his basement here.
    What's sad is that the page on Palm's site describing the ptunes problem was posted about two weeks before they even started shipping the 700p!
    I was pretty excited about streaming tunes on my 700, and was gladly going to upgrade to Ptunes Deluxe. However, since experiencing the poor performance on this device, I'm going to hold off on purchasing until a solution is reached.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one. This week's business trip was my first with my 700p and the jumpiness was immediately apparent. Until I saw this thread, I thought my Corsair 60x 2gig SD was the problem as I didn't have this issue with my 650 and SanDisk Ultra II 1Gig...

After reading this thread, I do have one question: I had registered Pocket Deluxe for my 650. Do I need to install the pTunes from their website or is there a way to use my key with the built-in version? i.e. does installing 3.5.1 supercede the one in ROM?

TIA
    Go to the PTunes in your 700P (the one built into it). Then go into the menu and choose update. It will download and automatically install the latest version. Once that's installed, put your deluxe key in.
    i listen to ptuens for an hour every morning while i jog, it NEVER jumps UNLESS the device is doing something else (update agendus or ondemand) otherwise no jumping none what so ever
    Treoing & Loving it
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    I agree with the last post. I have tried Ptunes and the MP3s play without any jumps, EXCEPT when I switch apps or I start doing something else, then the MP3 playback will skip a beat and come back online, but then it will play in the background flawlessly.

Although I have to admit I don't have many apps installed in my 700p yet, and I have not set up Versamail or Wireless sync (I'm a Verizon user) yet so that may impact the playback.

I do get the choppiness however when I use Ptunes to playback my ringtones through Technician. This issue I have posted in this same thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    i listen to ptuens for an hour every morning while i jog, it NEVER jumps UNLESS the device is doing something else (update agendus or ondemand) otherwise no jumping none what so ever
    But the 650 didn't jump even when doing something else. That's the problem.
    Here are my results:

Pocket Tunes in 700p ROM: skips w/Chatter running
    Pocket Tunes Deluxe in 700p RAM: skips w/Chatter running
    Pocket Tunes Deluxe in 700p RAM: very very few skips without Chatter running

So things improved considerably when I disconnected and exited Chatter. Still a couple of skips, but not nearly as bad.

Even with Chatter running, the skips are unpredictable - sometimes it will go for a minute with none, other times the skips occur every 15 seconds or so.

Unbelievable! Come on Normsoft - what's up?
    Could it be that I have found a possible solution???

Deselecting the "turn screen off while playing" option in PT general preferences stopped the continuous skipping for me. It is repeatable, in that re-selecting this option brings back skipping. Skipping is minimized to switching apps and Text Plus pop ups. Much improved IMO. Feedback?

Verizon 700p (Brand New )
    PT 3.1.5
    Last edited by pdxtreo; 06/07/2006 at 06:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxtreo
    Could it be that I have found a possible solution???

Deselecting the "turn screen off screen" option in PT general preferences stopped the continuous skipping for me. It is repeatable, in that re-selecting this option brings back skipping. Skipping is minimized to switching apps and Text Plus pop ups. Much improved IMO. Feedback?

Verizon 700p (Brand New )
    PT 3.1.5
    Yep, this works me. Why didn't I think of this!!!???

I'm sure this will drain the battery quicker, not sure how much.

Now Normsoft GET THIS SKIPPING PROBLEM FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast