1.    #1  
    Well, maybe it's just early adopters luck, but I'm finding the 700P to be pretty stable.

I have several 3rd party apps loaded and after a day of heavy use, no resets.

My 650 (and 600) consistenly reset several times a day, even with no 3rd party apps loaded.

Maybe the last version of Garnet is a winner?

Definitely more usable, although I'm still getting used to the new keyboard and button layout.
    You don't get used to the new button layout. Get ludusp, you can map the 700p's buttons to closely resemble the treo 650.

http://www.ludustech.com/ludusp/
    Jimmie Geddes
    at&t iPhone3G
  4.    #4  
    I am aware of LudusP and will give it a shot.

The more I use the keyboard, the more I miss the domed 650 keys.

And the key layout is, as some have mentioned, lame.

The green key should be home, not a half replica of the phone key, and the red key should be menu.

It's like they thought "oh, let's make 'soft keys' for an OS that does not use them". Dumb.
  5.    #5  
    Day 2, and no resets.

I've also noticed a couple things:

- Auto-correction of text (ex. "i've" changes to "I've" is no longer present (or off by default). Any ideas where this is?

- The screen brightness - the lowest setting is dimmer than the lowest setting on the 650, which is nice. The highest settings seems about the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    I am aware of LudusP and will give it a shot.

The more I use the keyboard, the more I miss the domed 650 keys.

And the key layout is, as some have mentioned, lame.

The green key should be home, not a half replica of the phone key, and the red key should be menu.

It's like they thought "oh, let's make 'soft keys' for an OS that does not use them". Dumb.
    I believe I read that Palm added Green/Red phone keys to the 700p to mimic what regular cell users (no, not Treo geeks like us) expect in a cell phone -i.e. Call answer and hangup. What they failed to do is make those two buttons user- programmable like the rest.
    I've had several resets, but not nearly as many as my 650.
    day 2 is reset free thus far... but man i beat it up on day 1 probably a good 5-6
    Quote Originally Posted by stuartr
    I believe I read that Palm added Green/Red phone keys to the 700p to mimic what regular cell users (no, not Treo geeks like us) expect in a cell phone -i.e. Call answer and hangup. What they failed to do is make those two buttons user- programmable like the rest.
    I think that's an after-the-fact explanation, but it may be partly right.

The real reason they did it because the two keys are needed as soft keys for Windows Mobile. Since the 700p and the 700w share the same chassis, they had to do something.
  10.    #10  
    After 3 days....no resets.

Now if only Verichat worked properly....might have to switch to another IM app.
    Day 7 and one reset when I went to preview a MMS. Only happened once.
  12.    #12  
    Day 6....still no spontaneous resets. Pretty darn solid.

I had one hang in Launcher X and another in Agendus, but the ##ERR point to "memory mgr", not the app. I think there a still a few bugs to work out.

However, the spontaneous resets, which plagued my 650, are gone.