Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    I've noticed that quite a few people have been complaining about the 700p's sluggishness. My 700p sucks compared to my 650. The 700p takes forever in switching/opening apps. I'm asking anybody who cares to do a bench test on pBench and let me know what their Data Access percentage is. Mine is about 400% lower on my 700p than on my 650. Ridiculous!!!!
    heh, must be all that execute-in-place madness!

Mine doesn't feel slower. However, I had one of the original 2004 650s and I swear, I've used more recent 650s with the new Sprint logo and they feel a good deal faster than my old one.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster
    heh, must be all that execute-in-place madness!

Mine doesn't feel slower. However, I had one of the original 2004 650s and I swear, I've used more recent 650s with the new Sprint logo and they feel a good deal faster than my old one.
    maybe firmware then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazzan
    maybe firmware then?
    Quite possibly. The 650 has had many firmware revisions, while the 700p is still new. That's part of staying on the bleeding edge of Treo technology.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer