Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Anyone else experience freeze ups with Opera mini 2.0 on the Treo 700p? How do I fix this? Any other browsers out there that are better?
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    i haven't had a freeze with opera on the 700 yet. Good practices: disable smooth scrolling and animation effects in Opera's preferences and set the memory in the java preferences for opera mini to 4MB/8kb stack (and enable double buffering for it while you're at it). The best way to avoid a freeze is a little patience, i've found. When you click a link, you might not see the progress bar flash instantly. If you try to hit the link again, your freezing chances increase. Best is to use the five way to navigate thru the links and center button to execute them.

As for a better browser, Xiino is still out there, but as to whether that's any better now is debatable. Give webpro a spin, perhaps..though that's a lot like blazer. Interested in what others have to say.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    I haven't had any problems with Opera on my 700p. I'd follow Gfunkster's recommendations.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Thanks g-funkster. That seems to have done the trick.
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    You should use UDMH and set the memory and cache all the way up. Click high res and don't click double buffering.
    Speeds it up.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Does anyone want to test web pro 3.5 on 700p? It is the best browser, best rendering and quite fast. It doesnt work on the 650, but it worked on the 600.
    I have it. PM your email and i'll send it over.
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    I just got my 700 tonight, and in testing Opera, WebViewer (my previous favorite on my Treo 600 GSM), and the new blazer, Opera seemed to be the slowest, WebViewer seemed to be hair faster than the new blazer, but then slower on others than blazer. All were VERY fast though to the point of being ridiculous. I'll keep them all on for a week or so for more testing, but the way it looks thus far, there is no need for another browser now that blazer has been upgraded.

Side note - Webviewer, Opera, and any other J2ME programs seem to be tough to exit from on the 700, maybe another reason to just stick with blazer.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Camel
    Does anyone want to test web pro 3.5 on 700p? It is the best browser, best rendering and quite fast. It doesnt work on the 650, but it worked on the 600.
    I have it. PM your email and i'll send it over.
    You are absolutely right! Webpro 3.5 is the best browser around. I loved it on my Treo 600 and missed it when I got my Treo 650.

I now have the Treo 700p and have already found that Blazer 4.5 has weakness with webpages with multiple image or photos. I have not had a chance to test Webpro 3.5, but Webpro v 3.0.1a works on my 700p perfectly and shows all images.