1.    #1  
    Just got my 700p activated today and decided to see exactly just how much faster evdo is, so i ran 10 200k trials on my old 600 and 10 200k trials on my new 700. I put the results in a nice graph here:

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/6...evdo5nl.th.jpg

for some reason evdo isnt as consistante as 1xrtt
    very nice.... nice thing about EVDO is that the ceiling is much higher, and we could get faster speeds as time goes on....

another thing to note is that the latency is MUCH less.... my ping tims are in the 200 ms range with the Treo 700, and the 650 was in the 900's.... that makes a big difference when browsing the web.....

Quote Originally Posted by hatch151990
    Just got my 700p activated today and decided to see exactly just how much faster evdo is, so i ran 10 200k trials on my old 600 and 10 200k trials on my new 700. I put the results in a nice graph here:

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/6...evdo5nl.th.jpg
    It may not be consistant, but it's still much higer than the speed of 1xRTT. It seemed to average above 300 Kb/s. That's not bad.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    Nice graph there, hatch. If you have the time, can you do timing comparisons between the two types of data connection? I would like to see the average timing to completely load various websites, such as ESPN.com, CNN.com, Amazon.com, TreoCentral.com, eBay.com, and any of your favorite websites.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by TR30
    Nice graph there, hatch. If you have the time, can you do timing comparisons between the two types of data connection? I would like to see the average timing to completely load various websites, such as ESPN.com, CNN.com, Amazon.com, TreoCentral.com, eBay.com, and any of your favorite websites.
    Sure thing, i just have to wait for my mom to get home, she took my 600 when i got the 700. As a side note both my borther and brother-in-law have 650's and both should be coming by pretty soon. Just out of curiosity im gonna try to run a couple test's on one of them to see if theres any difference between the 600 and the 650.
    Nice speeds! Damn, I'm really starting to lean the 700 way lol
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    The cure for boredom. Talk anything.