1.    #1  
    Anyone tried any of these guys yet? I have Bejeweled and Sudoku... and both, don't like to exit D: Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    I haven't tried these two games in particular, but I've noticed that other games now require Option-Home to exit....try that.
    I've been reading that a lot of Astraware games require a soft reset to get out of... not good. (or the option-home sometimes works as well.)
  4.    #4  
    ahh, didnt know about option home Ill test it

EDIT: Hell yes case closed.
    thats true I was playing cubis and when I wanted to quit the game nothing was working. Luckly I assign pocket tune on my side button. I pressed it and left the game. This issue appreas with many apps as well.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    I tried Mazera and there is no way to exit that game.
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    Hi folks,

Yes, I'm afraid that the Home button issue is one which is catching quite a lot of people out The 700p moved the Home button from the leftmost hardware button (as used by the LifeDrive, T|X, and T5), to the rightmost button, and unfortunately unlike the other devices, doesn't have any other easily accessible icon or button which does the same job (with the other devices, you could use the status bar or assign a button to appear on the text input area).

Most people have spotted the "Function + Home" trick, but I have also been advising the "Function+Find, then press Home" trick, which does the same thing!

As we update games, we'll be doing our best to include support for the Treo 700p Home button as well, but due to the need now to consider both the devices which the leftmost button as well as those which use the rightmost one, this has suddenly become a whole lot more complicated, as it would heavily restrict the keys available to many games to avoid using either (and some games really do need all the buttons they can get). As we create new games or update old ones, we'll be looking at each one individually and coming up with the best solution which keeps the game as playable while making the exit options as useful and easy as possible.

In addition to this, for those occasions when it's not possible to add support for all the various hardware home buttons, we are going to be adding "Exit" options the menus of our games, and an "x" icon in the top right hand corner of the screen (always visible) to give you a quicker method of exiting without the need to fiddle with menus (much as on Windows Mobile and desktop PC applications).

I hope that helps explain the problem and what we're doing to make it easier in future, and that the other workaround combination is also useful, but if you've got any further questions, feel free to email us (support@astraware.com), or drop a note on our boards (I'll try to keep an eye on this thread too!)

Warmest regards,
    Kieren
    Technical Support, Astraware
    i have Bejeweled 2 and i have no problem exiting the game.
    Hmm, I've played the Bejeweled that came on the Sprint CD and I have not had any trouble exiting.
    Try dropping down the menu, click on the About... Then try to push the Home or Phone button. Usually gets you out.
    i have tons of astraware games and never came across that problem...
    Pop out, then pop in the SD card, has reliably worked in getting me out of these instances. Also, you can map a Home icon in Hi-Launcher (launched with the side button) if you own that app.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutek
    Yes, I'm afraid that the Home button issue is one which is catching quite a lot of people out The 700p moved the Home button from the leftmost hardware button (as used by the LifeDrive, T|X, and T5), to the rightmost button, and unfortunately unlike the other devices, doesn't have any other easily accessible icon or button which does the same job (with the other devices, you could use the status bar or assign a button to appear on the text input area).
    Huh, but I'm confused. I had the same problem I couldn't exit the games. However, I deleted the updated version I installed from your website, and instead installed my version of Bejeweled from 2 years ago that I had on my Treo 650. It worked great, no issues. Is there something you've added to your games recently that is incompatible with new button configurations?