1.    #1  
    Started out with a Palm (still works), moved to a TRG Pro due to the available memory and now have moved *up* into the world and have a prism.

I know the question has probably been asked and answered before but the search words turned up too many posts with similar words.

What I'd like to know is how to sync my new Prism to my PC that I also use to sync my TRG Pro and my Palm IIIx.

For now, I am using a different computer but that is less than ideal since it is not convenient.

Thanks in advance.
    Linda
    Linda,

I'm assuming your TRGPro uses the serial connector on your computer? and you're using the USB for your Prism?

Using the Visor desktop software (make sure that's the one you have loaded on your computer), click on the hotsync icon on your Start menu bar (it's the small icon near the clock that looks like a red and blue circle with arrows going across it.)

Select Local Serial and Local USB so that they both display a check mark next to them.

Then, in the same menu, click on 'Setup'. From there select the 'Local' Tab and you'll see a dropdown list for com ports.

When syncing to your TRGPro (in the serial cradle) change this to the serial connector's com port (mine is COM2). Then sync your TRGPro.

When syncing to your Prism, select another COM port (i use COM4) and sync your Prism.

NOTE: your prism and TRGPro should probably not have the same username as this might cause problems with syncronization. I'd recommend having different user names and then moving information from one username to the othe within the PalmDesktop.

You can try syncing both with the same user name and experiement (i'm not positive on the implications with doint this).

Hope that works!
    wow, it's been awhile.....things have REALLY changed...why is my Visor Edge still in my hand? Will a Treo fit better?
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. I do have my TRG Pro software loaded but have not yet even tried to sync my Visor with the same computer as that used for my Palm IIIx and the TRG Pro. The reason? I primarily synch with my laptop more than I do to my desktop. I don't have a problem naming each of the units something different since I use them for different purposes.

I have not yet received my serial cradle that I ordered and so to hotsync, I have been using one of my desktop PCs.

I am so mobile that it is not a problem for me to attach one cradle and then later another one to the same laptop. So, now that you know more. . .
    You recommend that I use the TRG Pro software, correct?

Anything else when I finally get my serial cradle in?

Linda
    http://www.anmldr.com
    Originally posted by anmldr

You recommend that I use the TRG Pro software, correct?

Anything else when I finally get my serial cradle in?

Linda
    nope, use the VISOR software.

if you're using the serial cradle, do you have 2 serial connections on your computer so that the Prism and TRGPro cradles are connected at the same time?

If Yes:
    In the above directions, where you set the COM port, set it to the proper COM port for the respective cradle when syncing that device.

If No:
    Then you'll be exchanging cradles on the same serial port. That means you don't have to change the COM port. Just figure out which one is the right COM port for that serial connection and leave it there. You can also UNcheck 'Local USB' from the hotsync menu.
    Then just exchange cradles whenever you want to sync.

Final thoughts: just to be safe, go with the Visor software, i know it will handle the TRGPro whereas i'm not sure if the TRGPro software will handle the Prism.

If you don't mind having different names on the units, that's fine, do as i instructed above and in the Desktop you'll see a way to switch between users. You can do all the cut/paste/import/exporting you want until you scream!

good luck!
    wow, it's been awhile.....things have REALLY changed...why is my Visor Edge still in my hand? Will a Treo fit better?
  5.    #5  
    Thank you very much.
    I'll be converting articles and ebooks now to my heart's content since I found a 192 MB ScanDisk on eBay and ordered the MatchBook drive adapter. Too bad there is a 4 week wait on the Matchbook drive.

Thanks again from one of the newest converts to the Visor owner's clan.

Linda