1.    #1  
    I was proud yesterday when I ordered my phone for $400 through retention (plus some credits). But, since I found out it was on "back-order" this afternoon, I just called to cancel it (and buy one on Ebay). Well, The CSR told me it was not on backorder, and it was shipping. I told her that I still wanted to cancel since I can buy one on Ebay for $300. She said I could have it for $300, and credited my account another $100. I was charged on my credit card $400 originally for the phone, and they gave me total credits of $215. My account balance now looks like this..

Bill Balance $ 75.95
    Refunds/Adjustments -215.50
    Recent Payments -400.00
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Total Due
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    None
    You have a credit of $539.55
    No payment is due.

I'm not sure, but if they bill me only the original $400 for the phone on my bill, I'm coming out with a free phone plus some! Anyone know what they will charge my bill for the phone? I'm now so confused!!!
    Last edited by Mort; 05/31/2006 at 06:15 PM. Reason: correction 1
    they will charge you 649 for the phone
    Or you could get it for $150!
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    So yes - they are back ordered from one department, but just like it was back when the 600 and 650 were released, it's NOT backordered from Telesales. So call your rep back if you ordered thru Customer Service in the past two days, ensure the device shipped. If it did not, INSIST that they check with TeleSales. It will play out like this - pay full price for phone now, as soon as you recv phone, they will credit your account the full price of phone. Then, a second "backordered" phone will ship out. When that's receieved, you must ship it back to Sprint.

I do everything on an Amex, and this should all transpire in under a months' time, so it should be no problem. I figure I'm better off going that route then trying to find one in a store. Ah well. What really stinks is cust service doesn't know when the backordered status will change.... which is why I'm going this route.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mort
    I was proud yesterday when I ordered my phone for $400 through retention (plus some credits). But, since I found out it was on "back-order" this afternoon, I just called to cancel it (and buy one on Ebay). Well, The CSR told me it was not on backorder, and it was shipping. I told her that I still wanted to cancel since I can buy one on Ebay for $300. She said I could have it for $300, and credited my account another $100. I was charged on my credit card $400 originally for the phone, and they gave me total credits of $215. My account balance now looks like this..

Bill Balance $ 75.95
    Refunds/Adjustments -215.50
    Recent Payments -400.00
    Total Due
    None
    You have a credit of $539.55
    No payment is due.

I'm not sure, but if they bill me only the original $400 for the phone on my bill, I'm coming out with a free phone plus some! Anyone know what they will charge my bill for the phone? I'm now so confused!!!
    Mine is exactly the same way. When I ordered mine they warned me that it would be like that. It will work out that you are paying-Trust me.