Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I know there are too many threads about people getting deals for the 700P but I have not seen anyone have this much luck yet. So if this was covered you can flame me all you want cuz I don't care!!! I just got off the phone with Sprint (not sure if it is retention or not) & I paid $150 with my credit card for them to send me a brand new Treo 700P. The only catch (if this is a real catch) is I have to send back my 650 in their prepaid envelope. No extension of contracts, no rebates to wait for, no credits to the account to offset the price of the phone either. I just paid $150 right then & there & I will receive it within 3-5 biz days. I called in & just said I am having too many problems with my current 650 & want a 700 as a "trade in" or "warranty exchange" or whatever. The terminology is not important as there are many ways to skin a cat. So she first offered the $150 off the full price & I kindly said no & explained I have had 4 or 5 650 warranty replacements & would like to actually exchange my 650 for a 700. I even mentioned I would pay the difference from the full price I paid for the 650 - $500 from the $649 full price of Treo 700. To my surprise she said hold on as she would have to see if there was something she could do. After about 15 minutes or so, she came back with the offer of the century! I pay $150 for the Treo 700 as long as I send thew 650 back. I was shocked & excited. It ususally takes many calls to get half as much progress. I was shocked more so whe she said I did not have to extend the contract! AND I called last week to have my $10 Vision plan grandfathered to Powervision with NO increase in price. As of June 1st I will have Powervision for $10 with unlimited text, picture & video mail. I will say that I had to call three times today. The first time they said they could only give me $150 off. There was NO way she could send out a phone as an exchange because that is a warranty issue & the store does that only. She was communicating with her Sup even. She was adimant she could not do it. While I was on hold, I hung up & called again. The next time the offer was a little better - they would sell me the Treo 700 for $449 & apply a $200 credit to my account as well but I had to extend contract. I actually got disconnected before I could acceot the offer (a sign from above?) Then I called back again & did not even mention the previous offers. Then BLAM, divine intervention!!! The bottom line is NEVER listen to people when they say you can NOT do this or that. That is flatout BS. Whether it is a Sprint rep or fellow Treo user. Just keep calling back until you get what you want. YAYYYYY for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    I too was going to go this route since my 600 was replaced with a 650 a year ago no charge because of multiple replacements. But since I opened up my 650 already and broke my warranty seal, I didn't think it was feasable. Glad to know it still applies to some extent. Congrats!
    By the way..are you past your 1 year warranty but still called Sprint? Or was this through lockline?
    Oooo...

Now, lets see I bought my 650 back in November and have been having "tons" of problems with it (cough, cough). I have the Sprint box and Sprint receipt and everything.

Not even sure I want the 700P (i'm using my 6700) but I may just have to try this...I mean, for $150? Plus if I sent in my spare Cingular 650 which I found to Palm and get credit of that...that'd be free.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Nice job treo.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  6.    #6  
    That is the thing. They did not check any warranty info or anything. I called Sprint.
    Cool. I think I will give it a go since my arriving 700p is technically for another phone under the same account. I still have a 650 under another #.
  9.    #9  
    I am so happy, can I have everyone's Paypal address here so I can donate $1 to each of you? Oh joyous day - my life is good...
  10.    #10  
    don't give up if the rep won't give the deal. you have to keep calling. You may have to get a retention rep if a regular rep won't help you. I must say though it is not a good of deal I got for the Treo 600 & 650. I upgraded or traded those in for free! Oh well. $150 is fair for me . If you need any tips, let me know. I have been negotiating with Sprint for 5 years now!

Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    Cool. I think I will give it a go since my arriving 700p is technically for another phone under the same account. I still have a 650 under another #.
    I'd do this in a heartbeat if I knew it would work. My guess is Sprint reps will be confused or I'll get transferred and thus disconnected something as frustrating!
    My only worry is that posting this may in the long run make it hard for people with legit needs to upgrade. Already someone alluded to being dishonest about it. I mean, I'm happy for you, I just hope this doesn't snowball.
    I actually got the same deal. Waiting for mine to arrive. Although, hearing of some of the issues, esp. with Chatter and Verichat, my enthusiasm is somewhat dampened.... Tell me it will be ok!
  14.    #14  
    DO IT! Many Sprint reps were confused, some turned me down, some laughed etc. You just have to keep calling until you find someone to help you. You may have to talk to retention. It may help if you have had a few warranty replacements on your account too. Don't give up before you try!

Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle
    I'd do this in a heartbeat if I knew it would work. My guess is Sprint reps will be confused or I'll get transferred and thus disconnected something as frustrating!
    So did you just dial *2?
  16.    #16  
    I thought of this too. Especially before I got this deal. I thought when I finally call retention to get a deal, they will have been told no more deals by the higher ups because of this board. But the same thing happened when the 600 & 650 came out. At first many people got these trade in deals & then sprint started cracking down but people still got the deals anyway. Oh well. I don't feel bad because I would be getting my 5th or 6th Treo 650...

Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2
    My only worry is that posting this may in the long run make it hard for people with legit needs to upgrade. Already someone alluded to being dishonest about it. I mean, I'm happy for you, I just hope this doesn't snowball.
  17.    #17  
    dial *2 & when it asks what you want say "cancel service"
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    DO IT! Many Sprint reps were confused, some turned me down, some laughed etc. You just have to keep calling until you find someone to help you. You may have to talk to retention. It may help if you have had a few warranty replacements on your account too. Don't give up before you try!
    I'm still trying to get picture mail to work....too much nonsense when you call *2
    ....on the other hand, $150..REALLY?!
    Sweet deal!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast