Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    So, you paid $500 for your 650 and you're getting a steal for the 700 at $150? Not such a great deal when you look at it this way: had you sold your 650 on eBay for (even conservatively speaking) $225, then your real cost is $225 plus $150 or $375.

Not such a great deal after all. Verizon is selling them for $299 with the only stipulation being a 2 year contract.
  2.    #22  
    Ahh jeeze don't be jealous. Besides I didn't pay $500 for my 650. I traded my Treo 600 for it. AND I traded my Treo 300 to get a Treo 600. So what did I pay for my Treo 300? I forget but I think it was less than $500. Maybe $450. Who knows - who cares!!!
    So has anyone tried this yet?

This is a great deal, Neo. It is much easier than going the eBay route.
    Wow, there are bluetooth headsets that cost more than your 700p!! Definitely a great deal you got there, Neo.
  5.    #25  
    Yeah & I am still out of contract! I am so overjoyed I could spill some water on myself!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasmeister
    So, you paid $500 for your 650 and you're getting a steal for the 700 at $150? Not such a great deal when you look at it this way: had you sold your 650 on eBay for (even conservatively speaking) $225, then your real cost is $225 plus $150 or $375.

Not such a great deal after all. Verizon is selling them for $299 with the only stipulation being a 2 year contract.
    I think it's a great deal. Basically it's like selling his 650 on ebay for $500 compared to the $225 you just mentioned. How is that not a better deal?

And with Verizon, I don't think you can get that $299 on existing contract.
  7.    #27  
    Not to mention if I do not like the phone, i can always sell it later (say of the motorola Q comes to Sprint) for a good price. These Treos are like Harley's. They keep their value for a long time. Oh & also when you are seen with one, you will get laid!
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    .....Oh & also when you are seen with one, you will get laid!
    Where do you hang out? I must have bad luck =(
    Way to go Treoneo
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I just hope they aren't deluged by people claiming to have had constant trouble with their 650 just to get a discount on a new phone...
    Thats the way to work Sprint...
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Well if you already work a deal with retentions can you call back and try and get this deal? Yesterday I got retentions to sell me a 700 for $349, I should get it in 2-3 days, is it to late to get them to give me trade in value for the 650. Oh I am still in contract started new last september when I bought the 650.
    I had so many %^#$@% problems with the (several) Treo 600 that I ended up buying a 650 just to have a reliable phone - even though 32MB NVFS sucked it's managed to hold together about a year.

Would've been nice to have the 6th or 7th dead Treo 600 replaced with a 650 by Sprint rather than having to buy it myself. Adding insult to injury - Sprint tries to penalize you for buying a replacement phone yourself by cutting back on the "instant rebate" they offer long-time customers (because you haven't had the "same ESN" for at least 2 years... ha-ha, it's a friggin TREO!).

TreoNeo seems to have Sprint wrapped around his fingers. I don't expect a free replacement every 2 years, but damn if Palm/Sprint is getting me to buy a third full-price Treo in nearly as many years just because they can't build a reliable piece of hardware that *lasts* 1-2 years without failing.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I hate to rain on your parade, but make sure you check your account. Sometimes sprint does things the way you want them, then they do not come out the same on your invoice. I read some bad news like that on sprintusers.

On another note. Great offer you got there. I hope you get it for $150 as they said.
    I wish I can get one for $150.
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

15.    #35  
    Yeah what they did was charge me $150 on my credit card & also charge the remainder of around $500 to my account but then they credited that $500 right back. Right now I have a zero balance & a credit of $657.57 on my account. I beleive the additional credits are for activation or esn swap or any other misc fees associated with activating this new phone. The math may be a bit off because I checked my account online which is never too accurate but I know for sure that I paid $150 for that phone & that is all I will have to pay. I never win anything nor do I have the best karma. Maybe Jesus is feeling pity for me...
  16.    #36  
    exactly. I have a feeling this will inevitably happen & someone high up will tell the reps to crack down & not do this any more. But a few may fall through the cracks, who knows. But this same thing happened when the 600 & 650 came out. Everyone was trying to finagle some upgrades or trade ins. At first many succeeded but as time went on, Sprint caught on & started to crack down for awhile. But as time went on it seemed people were still ab le to call in & get the trade in deal... I am starting to prepare my plan of attack for when the Treo 800 comes out...

Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    I just hope they aren't deluged by people claiming to have had constant trouble with their 650 just to get a discount on a new phone...
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    I know there are too many threads about people getting deals for the 700P but I have not seen anyone have this much luck yet. So if this was covered you can flame me all you want cuz I don't care!!! I just got off the phone with Sprint (not sure if it is retention or not) & I paid $150 with my credit card for them to send me a brand new Treo 700P. The only catch (if this is a real catch) is I have to send back my 650 in their prepaid envelope. No extension of contracts, no rebates to wait for, no credits to the account to offset the price of the phone either. I just paid $150 right then & there & I will receive it within 3-5 biz days. I called in & just said I am having too many problems with my current 650 & want a 700 as a "trade in" or "warranty exchange" or whatever. The terminology is not important as there are many ways to skin a cat. So she first offered the $150 off the full price & I kindly said no & explained I have had 4 or 5 650 warranty replacements & would like to actually exchange my 650 for a 700. I even mentioned I would pay the difference from the full price I paid for the 650 - $500 from the $649 full price of Treo 700. To my surprise she said hold on as she would have to see if there was something she could do. After about 15 minutes or so, she came back with the offer of the century! I pay $150 for the Treo 700 as long as I send thew 650 back. I was shocked & excited. It ususally takes many calls to get half as much progress. I was shocked more so whe she said I did not have to extend the contract! AND I called last week to have my $10 Vision plan grandfathered to Powervision with NO increase in price. As of June 1st I will have Powervision for $10 with unlimited text, picture & video mail. I will say that I had to call three times today. The first time they said they could only give me $150 off. There was NO way she could send out a phone as an exchange because that is a warranty issue & the store does that only. She was communicating with her Sup even. She was adimant she could not do it. While I was on hold, I hung up & called again. The next time the offer was a little better - they would sell me the Treo 700 for $449 & apply a $200 credit to my account as well but I had to extend contract. I actually got disconnected before I could acceot the offer (a sign from above?) Then I called back again & did not even mention the previous offers. Then BLAM, divine intervention!!! The bottom line is NEVER listen to people when they say you can NOT do this or that. That is flatout BS. Whether it is a Sprint rep or fellow Treo user. Just keep calling back until you get what you want. YAYYYYY for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    I hate you.
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
    Quote Originally Posted by djraw
    I hate you.
    screw you guys...I'm going home http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...ies/tongue.gif
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  19.    #39  
    I hate myself but I will love my new Treo so it will all balance out
    Any of you lucky SOBs know how I can get the best price Sprint Treo + another phone/family plan? I don't need no stinkin' retentions as I am not a current subscriber - but I DO need to port my two numbers over. Can SERO do family plan and port numbers? Help.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast