Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    I would say not being able to import a Root CA(Certificate Authority)'s Certificate for SSL is a glaring bug. Especially when versamail won't allow you to connect if it doesn't recognize the CA.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    If I soft reset the phone and I'm in an area with low (or no) signal, the Treo doesn't start up fully. It just stays on the splash screen for like, forever.

I end up needing to soft (and/or warm) reset again... and also keep my fingers crossed I'm in an area with a strong signal.
    I posted this under a Bluetooth Headset thread, but felt it deserved a place in the official buglist too...

After some experimentation, I've found that if I turn off Bluetooth on the 700p, then turn Bluetooth back on, I get the light blue "headset connected" icon, but when I make or receive a call, sound does not actually route to the headset, and the icon doesn't turn into the dark blue "headset receiving sound" icon. I can actually use the headset to redial, but even then the sound doesn't come through.

However, if I leave bluetooth on all the time, I don't have this problem, even if I turn the headset on and off, or get out of its range, etc.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fofer
    If I soft reset the phone and I'm in an area with low (or no) signal, the Treo doesn't start up fully. It just stays on the splash screen for like, forever.

I end up needing to soft (and/or warm) reset again... and also keep my fingers crossed I'm in an area with a strong signal.

Actually, now I'm finding this has more to do with the Jabra BT250 headset I recently linked to the Treo, and less to do with the signal.

I haven't seen it happen enough to know what's happening for sure. But it's something like this:

This morning, first thing, I made a call with the Treo, wearing the BT headset. A few minutes later I click the mail button to check mail (with Chatter.) That's when the Treo resets, and hangs on the Treo splash screen. I was able to continue only once I turned OFF the BT headset.

I'm going to try again tomorrow with a different BT headset and try and narrow down what's going on here.
    volume care crashing out when going to app mode any help on that
    When using anything data, Blazer, Snappermail, or anything that needs to connect to Power Vision I get a "Service not available, please try again" everytime on the first try. As soon as I do it again it connects right away. VERY ANNOYING. Does not matter if I try to connect 5 seconds later or 5 hours I have to do it twice! Also have the lag between screens.
    Scrote
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    OnDemand Mapping Routes doesn't work
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    1. After a soft reset, 700p will sometimes hang at the Sprint Welcome screen. I have to soft reset again to get past it.

2. I'm using Launcher 1.2.9, LudusP 1.6 and Agendus 10.07: this combination allows for appropriately functioning buttons for the most part but "regresses" to mapping the Phone button to calendar and "losing" Agendus' button assignments.

3. The Option key sometimes does not work or even does shift instead of option (could this be a LudusP thing?).

4. Frequent white screens like many of you.

5. Some reg codes spontaneously get lost

6. Screen "interference" briefly on powerup

7. Poor battery life

8. Frequent resets in Blazer (and also unknown errors in trying to pull up pages, which automatically repeats itself--and only stopped by soft reset)

9. Buttons are creaky (not keyboard)

10. When starting the Phone app (very slow in general), the word "Sprint" (in the upper L hand corner) appears last and is delayed....

Is this enough to send the unit back for a replacement? Has anyone done this and gotten one that's better?
    Last edited by acousticbiker; 06/08/2006 at 10:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by I302K
    All the names are in my phone books but they dont show up and still having problems with volume care any help
    Contact me about the problems you are having with VolumeCare!

For the Treo 700p, you need to install VolumeCare v5.38 to get VolumeCare to work on the 700P.

Download it HERE.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by BeantownTreo600
    Migrating from the Treo 600, I'm mostly thrilled about my 700p. But I was very disappointed to realize how POOR the speaker is versus my Treo 600. Maybe I got lucky on my old 600 with a speaker that was loud, clear, without crackling with good tone. Perhaps I have a defective speaker on my 700p but its terrible: tinny-sounding, crackling, cheap sounding. The pluses of the 700p FAR outweigh the negatives and that should go without saying but this speaker is let-down. I'll give it another day or two for testing and then I'm punting for a replacement. Any other speaker complaints?
    True I make the program, but have you tried VolumeCare?

Jeff
    I cannot exit out of MicroQuad on my Sprint Treo 700p. Mapped game functions to 5-way and messaging button only. All other keys including the "home" key are useless and I have to remove the battery.
    Spy Hunter was doing that to me. No longer available, but I knew my serial number and was able to beam it from my 650.

In my case this worked: Hit Alt, (pops up a help dialog about the purpose of the Alt button) Hit Home while the dialog is up.

It didn't have this problem on the 600 and 650. The home button blew you right out of the game to the launcher immediately.
    Code:
    Brian K. White  --  brian@aljex.com  --  http://www.aljex.com/bkw/
    +++++[>+++[>+++++>+++++++<<-]<-]>>+.>.+++++.+++++++.-.[>+<---]>++.
    filePro BBx  Linux SCO  Prosper/FACTS AutoCAD  #callahans Satriani
    Ever since the audio jack in my 650 wore out, and I fixed it and it wore out again almost immediately, I have been using cradles that have audio connections to the stereo audio out pins in the data connector in my car.

I have 2 desktop cradles, a car cradle, and a cable that all that have this connection and they all work on the 650 as I type.

Using the same apps (ptunes, audible, phone, _anything_) on the same cradles & cables, the 700p puts the audio out it's built in speaker and puts nothing out the audio out pins in the data connector.

I can't play audible.com books in my car!!
    I suppose I could use the 2.5mm audio jack for a little while, but I have very little faith in that jack lasting very long and I have very little desire to start breaking my $688 700p already after only a day.
    Code:
    Brian K. White  --  brian@aljex.com  --  http://www.aljex.com/bkw/
    +++++[>+++[>+++++>+++++++<<-]<-]>>+.>.+++++.+++++++.-.[>+<---]>++.
    filePro BBx  Linux SCO  Prosper/FACTS AutoCAD  #callahans Satriani
    Quote Originally Posted by KEYofR
    I cannot exit out of MicroQuad on my Sprint Treo 700p. Mapped game functions to 5-way and messaging button only. All other keys including the "home" key are useless and I have to remove the battery.
    Spy Hunter was doing that to me. No longer available, but I knew my serial number and was able to beam it from my 650.

In my case this worked: Hit Alt, (pops up a help dialog about the purpose of the Alt button) Hit Home while the dialog is up.

It didn't have this problem on the 600 and 650. The home button blew you right out of the game to the launcher immediately.
    Yeah, I've had a couple of older games that mapped the four application launch buttons (which unforunately now includes the Home button) as game controls do this as well. Good idea about hitting Alt and then Home, but it doesn't work on the games I had this happen on. However, I have LudusP installed, and because I have the Send key mapped to an application (had it mapped as the graffiti command bar at first, but had to ditch that while waiting for the developer to come out with a version that supports Option key combos so I'll have enough free buttons to spare one for that), and because the Send key is not one of the 4 standard Palm application keys, this works to switch to the configured application and escape the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Harkless
    The type-ahead buffer does not work properly on the 700p. Let's say I'm typing the word "progress" -- I'll type "prprpr&$quot$;, $say$, $and$ $then$ $some$ $background$ $activity$ $will$ $occur$ $and$ $the$ $screen$ $will$ $stop$ $updating$ $for$ $a$ $moment$ $while$ $I$'$m$ $still$ $typing$. $Then$ $it$'$ll$ $wake$ $back$ $up$ $and$ $only$ $the$ $final$ &$quot$;$s$&$quot$; $I$ $typed$, $for$ $instance$, $will$ $come$ $through$, $so$ $I$ $end$ $up$ $with$ &$quot$;$prs$&$quot$; $when$ $I$ $typed$ &$quot$;$progress$&$quot$;. $I$'$ve$ $seen$ $this$ $occur$ $in$ $Blazer$ $for$ $sure$, $and$ $perhaps$ $Messaging$ $as$ $well$ -- $not$ $positive$.

This next one is probably more of a HotSync-Manager-that-comes-with-the-700p issue than a 700p issue, but the HotSync Manager frequently crashes on me during a HotSync. It crashes silently -- the HotSync Progress dialog will go away but the 700p will just sit there thinking it's still syncing. Then if you pass the mouse pointer over the HotSync icon in the task tray, the icon will disappear, as the program has already gone away (this delay in updating task tray items when the program has terminated is a Microsoft design flaw that occurs in Windows 2000 -- not sure if that part happens on XP).

Most of the time I am able to get the HotSync to work by just trying it again, but I've also had it fail multiple times in a row on a file.

I do have one non-standard conduit installed, the one for HanDBase Plus 3.51, and I have had issues with older versions of it hanging sometimes if you don't change the Action from Synchronize the files to Handheld overwrites Desktop, but that would only cause a hang -- it wouldn't kill the HotSync process. Also I'm pretty sure I was experiencing issues with the new version of HotSync that came with my 700p even before I installed HanDBase on it.

Another problem I encountered was trying to HotSync a .txt file onto the expansion card. I would keep trying, but it just wouldn't go. It wouldn't crash the HotSync manager in this case, but the HotSync would complete apparently successfully yet the file would stay sitting in the Expansion Card pane of Palm Quick Install and wouldn't go onto the device.

It's feasible this latter is not Palm's fault, but the fault of Documents To Go, however. .txt may be one of the file extensions Documents To Go thinks it owns. When I ran Documents To Go on my Treo for the first time it asked to check for updates. I let it, and it said there was an update from 8.0010 to 8.0030 available. It was possible to just install the new .prc directly on the Treo, but I elected to download the whole Windows installer, which includes a component that compacts down Microsoft Office files prior to installing them on the handheld. When I tried getting the .txt file onto the expansion card by dragging it to the Documents To Go installer app, it worked. Although I then used it to try to install a PDF file and it kept crashing the Documents To Go app when I would do the HotSync. Removed it from Documents To Go's queue and tried again with Palm Quick Install, and it successfully got across. Note also that the 8.0030 Documents To Go conduit is not responsible for all the problems I've been having with HotSync as I definitely experienced problems prior to doing the 8.0030 upgrade.
    I finally got fed up with my HotSyncs crashing half the time or more when it'd get to the "Synchronizing Documents" step, so I uninstalled the Windows Documents To Go components. As I was afraid might happen, though, this did not properly restore whatever Documents-To-Go-lite conduit code that comes with the Palm Desktop installer on the 700p CD-ROM, and doing HotSyncs would cause it to crash every single time at the "Synchronizing Documents" step. It crashed in a different way than before the uninstall -- it'd actually have a crashed address popup, and interestingly, if you didn't hit OK on that popup, the HotSync would actually successfully continue the rest of the synchronization in the background. Then when it was all done you could hit OK and the HotSync process would die and you'd have to restart it for next time. An improvement over the intermittent silent crash + hangs, I guess, but still incredibly sucky.

I checked Add/Remove programs to see if there was a Change option for "Palm", but there wasn't -- just a Remove. So I put in the CD-ROM, but the autorun app would just insist that I couldn't (re)install Palm Desktop because I'd already done that. So I ran Palm Desktop\setup.exe on the CD manually, and there was a weird "***IS_STRING_NOT_DEFINED***" error on the first screen of the InstallShield Wizard (I guess it was expecting some branding string to get filled in by its caller, the autorun.exe). However, it continued past that and gave me an option to repair the installation. I did this, but when it got back to the step of HotSyncing the 700p, it would just hang waiting for the HotSync manager to respond. Killing the manager and restarting it didn't help.

So I gave up, uninstalled Palm Desktop, rebooted my machine (and my 700p just in case), and then reinstalled it. Since then I have experienced no crashes or other HotSync problems.

Given my experience, I highly recommend not installing the Windows components of Documents To Go if you upgrade your version from 8.0010 to 8.0030. The 8.0030 component on my Treo itself seems to be causing no problems. Not sure what the fixes were from .0010 to .0030 -- I may end up deleting .0030 and go back to the ROM version to save RAM / expansion card space.

Of course I now need to reinstall HanDBase if I want to get its conduit back (I don't care about being able to make modifications to my databases on my desktop, but the timestamped per-revision backups are nice to have). I'll let y'all know if some of the HotSync instability returns after putting that back (and if so, whether changing it to Handheld overwrites Desktop helps as it did with older versions).
    Last edited by Dan Harkless; 06/08/2006 at 02:38 PM.
    Outlook Calendar Syncing does not work correctly with Timezones!
    I discovered a bug today where if I dial from contacts and the phone number has a (1) in front of the number, it does not dial, if I dial from the phone screen manually it works fine. I know you do not need the "1" but this is some of the data being imported from Outlook, has anyone seen the same issue from dialing from contacts? I tried this in 3 separate contacts.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    1. After a soft reset, 700p will sometimes hang at the Sprint Welcome screen. I have to soft reset again to get past it.
    I had that too, and the Treo proceeded to boot up when I turned OFF my bluetooth headset.

<shrug>
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Can someone help me out....will Uninstall Manager work on the 700p?

I have seen posts that it slows the Treo performance so I am not sure if the current version is fully compatible.

I have just received my new 700p and it would be the first Application I load if it works.

Thanks for helping me enter the 700 universe...

JC
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jccomo
    Can someone help me out....will Uninstall Manager work on the 700p?
    I have an older version 2.6 on my 700p with no problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    True I make the program, but have you tried VolumeCare?

Jeff
    I haven't tried your product Jeff but I fear that increasing the volume will simply make a crappy and crackly sounding speaker only a louder crappy and crackly sounding speaker. I will try it tonight and get back to you. Thanks for the recommendation.
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast