Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by peterbanks
    Same here.
    I got a reset when going into the Settings of On Demand.
    <br>
    Quote Originally Posted by 1337
    I was just about to sell my 650 and get a 700 but I think I will wait a little while.....
    Yes, waiting a while is starting to make good sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus
    Yes, waiting a while is starting to make good sense.

I was about to return my 700p when my brain froze. I went on to remove my pants and reset myself. After my eyes opened wide, I felt trapped by a reset loop, where my eyes would open and shut continuously. This is more commonly known as the PALM (Pathetically Abated Lonesome Male) syndrome.
  4.    #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by cha0s
    I was about to return my 700p when my brain froze. I went on to remove my pants and reset myself. After my eyes opened wide, I felt trapped by a reset loop, where my eyes would open and shut continuously. This is more commonly known as the PALM (Pathetically Abated Lonesome Male) syndrome.
    You had to remove your pants? I don't even wanna think about where your reset pin is or what you had to stick in there to trip it.
    Quote Originally Posted by cha0s
    Though I have experienced similar symtoms, I honestly wasn't aware PALM was an acronym until just now.
    What format are your sounds? I've found that WAV sounds get truncated at about 200k is size. The 650 doesn't do that. This has rendered most of my WAV ringtones as useless on the 700p.

Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn
    Sounds are a bit wacky. Sounds (ring tones) that worked well on my 650, dont work as well on the 700p. Example, I used the AOL "you've got mail" tone as my Chatter alert. Worked great on my 600 and 650. The same tone on the 700p gets cut in half..."you've go"
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Odd problem with Tasks. I have a bunch (say 10) tasks I listed under "Household" category, all due 6/1/06. They show up in the "Past Due" view. BUT, they do NOT show up under the "Household" category view.
    I think the bugs that seem to be universal should be posted in the first post......you know as an edit... Sorry,,,,,, do we have any official bugs yet??? So far Ive only seen "Blah, blah blah,,, my treo sometimes resets when I blah blah blah..."
    Some posted this before for forcing EVDO. Where do you type this.

##EVDO# - force or disable EVDO
    While trying to assign a picture (recieved via picture mail) to a contact caller ID the device resets... All the pictures I have recieved are locked media (and they are all pictures people have taken themselves nothing purchased) for some reason and it won't let you assign locked media and even send the pictures to anyone else. Anyone else have this problem?
    I had that same issue with assigning pictures..crashes hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ
    Some posted this before for forcing EVDO. Where do you type this.

##EVDO# - force or disable EVDO
    Just type it into the phone screen and it will bring up a menu allowing you to force EVDO or force 1xRTT. Leaving both check boxes blank leaves the phone in auto mode, where it chooses EVDO or 1xRTT based on signal strength.
    be careful about forcing EVDO on ... when I did that, my incoming calls did not work -- went to voice mail after 3 rings. after turning it off, incoming calls started working again
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    I've read that forcing it to EVDO mode makes every incoming call go straight to voicemail though. So use with caution.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhodgins
    be careful about forcing EVDO on ... when I did that, my incoming calls did not work -- went to voice mail after 3 rings. after turning it off, incoming calls started working again
    Quote Originally Posted by Fofer
    I've read that forcing it to EVDO mode makes every incoming call go straight to voicemail though. So use with caution.

You guys are both correct.
    fixed - I didn't realize that having system sounds off effected the e-mail alerts. I upgraded from a 600, and that's not the way it worked. Now I have to have system sounds on, which means I have the annoying click sound with every button or screen tap.

My e-mail alert sounds are not working/
    Last edited by yaacov137; 06/12/2006 at 05:29 AM. Reason: fixed- but can't get rid of click sound
    BATTERY DRAIN BIG TIME!!

Sprint 700p
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    my phone went on a reset craze when getting on blazer with out a signal.
    Quote Originally Posted by I302K
    All the names are in my phone books but they dont show up and still having problems with volume care any help
    Sounds like you have the category on your phone book to some category that does not have users in it. Maybe the Quicklist? Make sure it is set to All.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    The type-ahead buffer does not work properly on the 700p. Let's say I'm typing the word "progress" -- I'll type "prprpr&$quot$;, $say$, $and$ $then$ $some$ $background$ $activity$ $will$ $occur$ $and$ $the$ $screen$ $will$ $stop$ $updating$ $for$ $a$ $moment$ $while$ $I$'$m$ $still$ $typing$. $Then$ $it$'$ll$ $wake$ $back$ $up$ $and$ $only$ $the$ $final$ &$quot$;$s$&$quot$; $I$ $typed$, $for$ $instance$, $will$ $come$ $through$, $so$ $I$ $end$ $up$ $with$ &$quot$;$prs$&$quot$; $when$ $I$ $typed$ &$quot$;$progress$&$quot$;. $I$'$ve$ $seen$ $this$ $occur$ $in$ $Blazer$ $for$ $sure$, $and$ $perhaps$ $Messaging$ $as$ $well$ -- $not$ $positive$.

This next one is probably more of a HotSync-Manager-that-comes-with-the-700p issue than a 700p issue, but the HotSync Manager frequently crashes on me during a HotSync. It crashes silently -- the HotSync Progress dialog will go away but the 700p will just sit there thinking it's still syncing. Then if you pass the mouse pointer over the HotSync icon in the task tray, the icon will disappear, as the program has already gone away (this delay in updating task tray items when the program has terminated is a Microsoft design flaw that occurs in Windows 2000 -- not sure if that part happens on XP).

Most of the time I am able to get the HotSync to work by just trying it again, but I've also had it fail multiple times in a row on a file.

I do have one non-standard conduit installed, the one for HanDBase Plus 3.51, and I have had issues with older versions of it hanging sometimes if you don't change the Action from Synchronize the files to Handheld overwrites Desktop, but that would only cause a hang -- it wouldn't kill the HotSync process. Also I'm pretty sure I was experiencing issues with the new version of HotSync that came with my 700p even before I installed HanDBase on it.

Another problem I encountered was trying to HotSync a .txt file onto the expansion card. I would keep trying, but it just wouldn't go. It wouldn't crash the HotSync manager in this case, but the HotSync would complete apparently successfully yet the file would stay sitting in the Expansion Card pane of Palm Quick Install and wouldn't go onto the device.

It's feasible this latter is not Palm's fault, but the fault of Documents To Go, however. .txt may be one of the file extensions Documents To Go thinks it owns. When I ran Documents To Go on my Treo for the first time it asked to check for updates. I let it, and it said there was an update from 8.0010 to 8.0030 available. It was possible to just install the new .prc directly on the Treo, but I elected to download the whole Windows installer, which includes a component that compacts down Microsoft Office files prior to installing them on the handheld. When I tried getting the .txt file onto the expansion card by dragging it to the Documents To Go installer app, it worked. Although I then used it to try to install a PDF file and it kept crashing the Documents To Go app when I would do the HotSync. Removed it from Documents To Go's queue and tried again with Palm Quick Install, and it successfully got across. Note also that the 8.0030 Documents To Go conduit is not responsible for all the problems I've been having with HotSync as I definitely experienced problems prior to doing the 8.0030 upgrade.