Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeter
    Here's a really stupid question:

Isn't the LED supposed to flash green when wireless mode is on? I got my phone activated today and have made several phone calls, plus did some surfin' on Blazer and I get no LED action at all. My wife's 700P is the same way. Is this normal?
    Read a thread on this earlier today. Just did a quick search with "LED" in the subject line in the 700p forum and found this relevant thread http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&highlight=LED

Short answer is - not anymore. If no flash, then no news is good news. If flash, then you have an alert or something to attend to. Different then what I'm used to on the Treo600 but I prefer it this way actually.
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn
    Sounds are a bit wacky. Sounds (ring tones) that worked well on my 650, dont work as well on the 700p. Example, I used the AOL "you've got mail" tone as my Chatter alert. Worked great on my 600 and 650. The same tone on the 700p gets cut in half..."you've go"

I've experienced the same thing don't know why.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    I have found forcing evdo has made the data speeds more consistenly faster. (probably not switching between evdo and 1RxTT)
    How do you "force EVDO?"
    Got a reset when in On Demand going to "web".
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeantownTreo600
    Migrating from the Treo 600, I'm mostly thrilled about my 700p. But I was very disappointed to realize how POOR the speaker is versus my Treo 600.
    I'm not happy with the 700p's speaker. At max volume, my Treo 650 is much louder than my 700p. I installed VolumeCare on both... still much, much louder on the 650.

Still, the pros outweigh the cons.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fofer
    How do you "force EVDO?"

Never mind, found it here

##EVDO# - force or disable EVDO
    Something strange happened to my phone key. I accidentally mapped it in Agendus, but when I switched Agendus back to the Calendar button, the phone button didn't default back to the phone app. Instead, it's now mapped to Calendar! The prefs don't allow me to remap it back, since it's supposed to be that way by default. Clicking the button that tries to switch to the default mapping doesn't do it, soft reset doesn't do it, fiddling with Agendus mappings doesn't change it back, either. I guess I'm stuck with having to hard reset. Any other suggestions?
    <br>
    That really is strange. Try one of the key mapping applications. Otherwise only a hard reset would guarantee the solution.
    Last edited by cha0s; 06/03/2006 at 05:11 PM.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn
    Sounds are a bit wacky. Sounds (ring tones) that worked well on my 650, dont work as well on the 700p. Example, I used the AOL "you've got mail" tone as my Chatter alert. Worked great on my 600 and 650. The same tone on the 700p gets cut in half..."you've go"
    I've noticed this also. It's really annoying.
    treojunkie, that's a known issue with agendus, the v11beta fixes that. To reclaim your phone key delete agendus btn file usind menu D
    Treoing & Loving it
    Thanks for the heads up, gt5l. So, to fix it you need to apply the beta 11 version that can only be run with a 30-day beta eval? Does the "menu D" only apply to the beta version, b/c I don't see it in my menu options in v10...

Thanks again!
    <br>
    In case anybody's interested, the button mapping codes as detailed in the Palm Developer's Guide pdf (found on pluggedin.palm.com), is on page 128. It explains the Home Key dilemma everyone is upset about. It also explains why Option-Home works for launchers:

2. Home Key

On the Treo 650 smartphone, the Home key was associated with the keyLaunch
    keyCode (or the keyBitExt2Launcher bit). The Home key on the Treo 700p
    smartphone is now associated with the keyHard4 keyCode (and the keyBitHard4
    bit) instead. The Home key generates vchrHard4 key events when it is not
    modified by Option. When it is modified by the Option key, the Home key
    generates vchrLaunch key events.

It is important to note that instead of enqueueing hsChrOptHard4 key events when
    the Launcher key is modified by an Option, we enqueue vchrLaunch. This is
    necessary because some games that perform pre-SysHandleEvent processing will
    only exit if they see a vchrLaunch key event.

NOTE: Because vchrLaunch is enqueued instead of hsChrOptHard4, any functionality
    associated with hsChrOptHard4 will be lost on the Treo 700p.

The Home key will switch to Launcher in two instances:

1. When it is unmodified by the Option key

In this case, the Home key generates a vchrHard4 keyDown event,
    SysHandleEvent broadcasts a sysNotifyVirtualCharHandlingEvent
    notification, and then SysHandleEvent switches to Launcher if the notification
    is unhandled.

2. When it is modified by the Option key

In this case, the Home key generates a vchrLaunch keyDown event,
    SysHandleEvent broadcasts a sysNotifyVirtualCharHandlingEvent
    notification, and then SysHandleEvent switches to Launcher if the notification
    is unhandled.
    <br>
    Migrating from the Treo 600, I'm mostly thrilled about my 700p. But I was very disappointed to realize how POOR the speaker is versus my Treo 600. Maybe I got lucky on my old 600 with a speaker that was loud, clear, without crackling with good tone. Perhaps I have a defective speaker on my 700p but its terrible: tinny-sounding, crackling, cheap sounding. The pluses of the 700p FAR outweigh the negatives and that should go without saying but this speaker is let-down. I'll give it another day or two for testing and then I'm punting for a replacement. Any other speaker complaints?
    No crackling that I've heard (though some of the built-in ringtones distort pretty nastily at max volume), but yeah, both the handset and speakerphone speakers seem inferior to the 600's.

I too upgraded from a 600 to a 700P and you're right about the speaker. I played the same mp3 on both phones with the volume set the same and it was like night and day. The 600's speaker was so loud and clear, but it's something I'm willing to compromise on.
    Yep, repeated your test with my 600 and 700p (with the speakerphone speaker) and though I didn't hear as much of a volume discrepancy as I expected based on sound level when making calls, I was really struck by how tinny the 700p's speaker sounds. You can tell it's not that the 600's enclosure is artificially enhancing the bass/midrange frequencies because if you listen on the 700p with the included headset, the character of the sound is very much like the 600's speakerphone speaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Fofer
    I'm not happy with the 700p's speaker. At max volume, my Treo 650 is much louder than my 700p.
    Yeah, I was bothered that my 700p is just loud enough in a totally quiet environment (when using the handset or speakerphone speakers -- wired headset was a little better) and shuddered to think how difficult it might be to hear someone in a noisy environment.

I installed VolumeCare on both... still much, much louder on the 650.
    Cool! I was not familiar with VolumeCare. I installed VolumeCare Pro and that helped a lot (though it seems to have a weird issue where even if you set the Start Volume to max, it actually starts calls a few rocker presses below max -- not just the Boost, but the Volume as well). Still not as clear as it could be, but the extra volume definitely helps. Thanks for the heads-up!

I was also able to use VolumeCare Pro's Application Mode: Specific Applications to finally turn down the blaring volume on the Rally 1000 game (which was previously impossible since it ignored the Game Sound and System Sound settings and had no volume control of its own). Unfortunately this may be a Pyrrhic victory, as on my 700p, Rally 1000 displays in Black & White, and it's a lot slower to play without the benefit of color recognition, and not as much fun. I see that at least one person experienced this on the Treo 650 GSM with ROM 1.20 Update, and one person even experienced it on the Treo 600, but no solution was ever posted (it worked in color on my 600). And unfortunately there will never be any updates beyond version 4.2 (from November 2000), since the developer got threatened by the copyright holders of the Mille Bornes card game. Wish those bastards had just bought his program and made it an official product, rather than killing it with no officially-licensed alternative available.

I'll also have to check out GoTreo's other program ProfileCare, since Palm made activating and deactivating vibration in Sound Off mode less convenient on the 700p compared to the 600, and it looks like it might help. I wish Palm would adopt the solution introduced years ago by the Hitachi G-1000 (Pocket PC phone) of having a three-way ringer switch, allowing you to easily change between speaker, vibration, and silent modes.

Here's a really stupid question:

Isn't the LED supposed to flash green when wireless mode is on? I got my phone activated today and have made several phone calls, plus did some surfin' on Blazer and I get no LED action at all. My wife's 700P is the same way. Is this normal?
    Read a thread on this earlier today. Just did a quick search with "LED" in the subject line in the 700p forum and found this relevant thread http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&highlight=LED

Short answer is - not anymore. If no flash, then no news is good news. If flash, then you have an alert or something to attend to. Different then what I'm used to on the Treo600 but I prefer it this way actually.
    Excellent! I hated the constantly blinking LED on the 600. No more need for LEDOff.
    Last edited by Dan Harkless; 08/12/2006 at 09:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Harkless
    I was also able to use VolumeCare Pro's Application Mode: Specific Applications to finally turn down the blaring volume on the Rally 1000 game (which was previously impossible since it ignored the Game Sound and System Sound settings and had no volume control of its own). Unfortunately this may be a Pyrrhic victory, as on my 700p, Rally 1000 displays in Black & White, and it's a lot slower to play without the benefit of color recognition, and not as much fun. I see that at least one person experienced this on the Treo 650 GSM with ROM 1.20 Update, and one person even experienced it on the Treo 600, but no solution was ever posted (it worked in color on my 600). And unfortunately there will never be any updates beyond version 4.2 (from November 2000), since the developer got threatened by the copyright holders of the Mille Bornes card game. Wish those bastards had just bought his program and made it an official product, rather than killing it with no officially-licensed alternative available.
    I found a potential solution for the problem of Rally 1000 (and apparently some other old 8-bit color Palm OS games) showing in black & white on 16-bit color Palm devices. I've followed up in the Rally 1000 Not working in color on Treo 600? thread.
    Last edited by Dan Harkless; 08/12/2006 at 09:42 PM.
    the menu D I was refering to is in the main T700 launcher what you need to do is figure out a way to delete the file I mentioned above and Agendus 10.07 will work and so will the phone button
    Treoing & Loving it
    - I'm truly annoyed by this white screen lags when switching applications. It is about 2-3 secs in average. I put my T600 and T700 aside and the former was much more pleasure to use. What's going on with this?

- Also, the speaker phone sound level is too low even if turned to its max. Even VolumeCare did not do a lot. The T600 is at least 3 times better.

I can see that these issue have been reported several times in this forum. Did any one find a fix and at least has an explanation for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by adjmcloon
    Got a reset when in On Demand going to "web".

Same here.
    Anyone else run into this? As soon as I start Pics&Videos the screen turn white and all keys are inoperative no matter how long I wait. Only solution is to do a soft reset. Something must be creating a conflict as the app use to run but now never does. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I was just about to sell my 650 and get a 700 but I think I will wait a little while.....
    had it for 3 days (vzw), no resets, the only 2 issues:

1. Slow when going to phone app - takes forever for vzw to show up and slow with a few other apps

2. Slow quicklinks buttons on phone apps....scrolls slow, can see them trying to load, also does not flip between shortcut buttons.

All other apps working correctly so far.....hope it stays that way

Hopefully a update from palm will solve the slowness.
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast