Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Hey guys can you give me some advice on a good IM app.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    White screen between button presses and changing apps

please wait on viewing picture mail solved with a hard reset

speakerphone emits very low electronic noises (really hard to hear, but exists nonetheless

No soft resets without GoodLink installed

2 soft resets in 12 hours with Goodlink installed

home button is wrong place

same dumb handango app for purchasing apps
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    agile messenger
    When in a high roam area, were you are going between Sprint and Roam frequently, I notice that if your using applications, such as Documents to GO, the phone freezes and doesnt let you do anything until it has found a connection again. Then when it finds a connection, it lets you continue using your application. Not sure why it does this.
    Quote Originally Posted by millsda2
    part of the obsession with Treo's is that you get to be a part of making something better than what it was before you got it.
    So you're happy that you paid top dollar to be a beta tester for some buggy PDA Phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenrabit
    When in a high roam area, were you are going between Sprint and Roam frequently, I notice that if your using applications, such as Documents to GO, the phone freezes and doesnt let you do anything until it has found a connection again. Then when it finds a connection, it lets you continue using your application. Not sure why it does this.
    My theory: As much as people around here LOVE the PalmOS, in reality, it's a poor, simple, outdated OS that can't multitask properly. Every Treo I've ever used has had similar issues. These things NEED Linux. The Palm OS in it's current form should have died 10 years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry
    So far, the only two bugs I've experienced with my Sprint PCS Treo 700P are:
    1). The bassackward way new customers and their orders are handled by Sprint.
    2). Employees who receive a paycheck from Sprint to be inept!
    I got great service from my Sprint reps; I'm a polite guy, and I know from experience that being nice makes all the difference...

Not only did he set me up with my new 700p, but he upgraded me incredibly:

from 1000 min. to 1500
    from 50 text messages to 500
    unlimited long-distance, free phone-to-phone, 7PM nights & weekends
    Dropped my plan from $50/month to $40/month
    Plus I get PowerVision for $5/month for the next 2 years

I was very pleased both with the deal I got and with the service I received; I have a lot of sympathy for company reps who have to deal with people on the phone all day long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kooldino
    My theory: As much as people around here LOVE the PalmOS, in reality, it's a poor, simple, outdated OS that can't multitask properly. Every Treo I've ever used has had similar issues. These things NEED Linux. The Palm OS in it's current form should have died 10 years ago.
    Oh no, here we go again... this is the 700p discussion... are we going go crank up that tired old saw again?
    Quote Originally Posted by jwfos22
    Hey guys can you give me some advice on a good IM app.
    Verichat works great...
    has anyone else noticed that the scroll bar doesnt work on the category listing (under the home screen you would hit option and then "category") or when you want to copy data back and forth to/from the SD carrd? I have to use the 5 way navigation button to go up and down which takes forever... anyone else experieincing this?
    Quote Originally Posted by cha0s
    When you press the "#" key too many times (12-15) you get this error:

Error - Excess SPC failure
    When I run mine under water, smash it with a claw hammer, put it in the microwave, and then try to make a call, I get a really long pause... a really really long pause...
    i also noticed that the LCD isnt as responsive to buttons compared to the 650
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by longterm
    When I run mine under water, smash it with a claw hammer, put it in the microwave, and then try to make a call, I get a really long pause... a really really long pause...

ok... that's it. I was seriously going to upgrade from the 650, but after reading various other posts, this is the final straw. Back to the 300 for me... I miss the flip phone anyway....
    I cannot exit out of MicroQuad on my Sprint Treo 700p. Mapped game functions to 5-way and messaging button only. All other keys including the "home" key are useless and I have to remove the battery.
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
    I know this is not a software compatibility thread (perhaps one will be started soon) but sadly it appears Directory Assistant (v 3.22) is not supported on the 700p.

EDIT: Specifically, it won't support 5-way funtions, nor will it dial the number directly from search results. Error message is <<"This does not appear to be a supported Smartphone device! Cannot complete the requested operation.">>
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeantownTreo600
    I know this is not a software compatibility thread (perhaps one will be started soon) but sadly it appears Directory Assistant (v 3.22) is not supported on the 700p.

EDIT: Specifically, it won't support 5-way funtions, nor will it dial the number directly from search results. Error message is <<"This does not appear to be a supported Smartphone device! Cannot complete the requested operation.">>
    As a workaround, you can use the 411 directory support in the OnDemand application on your Treo. It will do forward / reverse lookups, dialing and map location / directions.
    Migrating from the Treo 600, I'm mostly thrilled about my 700p. But I was very disappointed to realize how POOR the speaker is versus my Treo 600. Maybe I got lucky on my old 600 with a speaker that was loud, clear, without crackling with good tone. Perhaps I have a defective speaker on my 700p but its terrible: tinny-sounding, crackling, cheap sounding. The pluses of the 700p FAR outweigh the negatives and that should go without saying but this speaker is let-down. I'll give it another day or two for testing and then I'm punting for a replacement. Any other speaker complaints?
    I noticed when you clear the Blazer cache (when it's at 3.9MB) it takes about 3 and 1/2 minutes. Blazer also seems to be faster after this. I guess the memory management is not optimal.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeantownTreo600
    Migrating from the Treo 600, I'm mostly thrilled about my 700p. But I was very disappointed to realize how POOR the speaker is versus my Treo 600. Maybe I got lucky on my old 600 with a speaker that was loud, clear, without crackling with good tone. Perhaps I have a defective speaker on my 700p but its terrible: tinny-sounding, crackling, cheap sounding. The pluses of the 700p FAR outweigh the negatives and that should go without saying but this speaker is let-down. I'll give it another day or two for testing and then I'm punting for a replacement. Any other speaker complaints?
    I too upgraded from a 600 to a 700P and you're right about the speaker. I played the same mp3 on both phones with the volume set the same and it was like night and day. The 600's speaker was so loud and clear, but it's something I'm willing to compromise on.

Here's a really stupid question:

Isn't the LED supposed to flash green when wireless mode is on? I got my phone activated today and have made several phone calls, plus did some surfin' on Blazer and I get no LED action at all. My wife's 700P is the same way. Is this normal?
    My 2, it's all I can spare
    Treo 270 Treo 600 Treo 700P *** Unmentionable *** Pre {rooted}
    anyone having issues with the calendar not showing people's birthdays??? I have plenty of peoples birthdays in my contacts but they dont show up on the calendar! (my 650 works fine)
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast