Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mshaw1515
    I get a really long pause when scrolling from phone screen down to Favorites and from Favorites back up to Phone (full 2 count each way)...
    On mine, going down to favorites (via the 5-way) the response is immediate, but the favorites take about 1 sec to scroll up. When pressing the 5-way up to get the favorites to disappear, they disappear immediately. No pause.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Quote Originally Posted by fstmstngs
    occasionally i'll select an app (like blazer) and the screen goes white and doesn't do anything. sometimes going to the phone app will bring it around or just waiting a good 30-60 seconds. sometimes I just have to reset it. so far that's it for me.
    experienced this occasionally on the 650, too.

Quote Originally Posted by fgkay
    I work inside the basement of a bldg. and get no SPCS signal. This is normal. With my other Sprint phone (Sam a920), as soon as I get outside, the phone immediately picks up a signal. Today, with my 700p, the phone would not pick up the signal when I went outside. I observed this on 3 different occassions -- it just continued to display 'No Service'. Waited ~5 min each time, then had to power-cycle the phone to have it acquire a signal.
    Sounds like a PRL problem - call *2 and ask them to set you up for an update.

Quote Originally Posted by vw2002
    what's the deal with this long pause between calendar and phone? I'm suspecting this is a frankengarnet + evdo conflict of some type?
    Not getting that here.

If watching SprintTV in a weak EVDO coverage area (1-3 bars) - the TV program will freeze and not continue (or not start at all) even if you move around to a higher-signal area. Very little improvement in picture quality on EVDO over MobiTV on 1xRTT. Quality of the music streams on SprintTV leaves lots to be desired. Good Shoutcast streams over 1xRTT are much better.

Couldn't find if someone already had this problem or not.. Using Chattermail, when the popup comes up for a new incoming mail message, a dialog saying something like "tap center of rocker" comes up and won't go away. Tapping center of the rocker does nothing and the only thing you can do is scroll up or down the message. Can't close the message, return to an app, etc. The only thing I found I could do was click my ZLauncher quick launch button and exit to another app. Then, all was ok. One time this happened, and soon after it reset itself (first random reset since I got the 700p).
    <br>
    I've been having problems with the Sprint Yahoo Mail app -- the center button no longer works to open mail, scroll msg text or move between msgs. Is this a problem with the 700p or with my phone? Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    Thank you everyone for making me feel better abotu sticking with my T650.
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Roi Batty

palm IIIe(clear plastic)/m130/Tungsten E/Sprint Treo 650/Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by beckkk1
    I've been having problems with the Sprint Yahoo Mail app -- the center button no longer works to open mail, scroll msg text or move between msgs. Is this a problem with the 700p or with my phone? Thanks in advance.
    I wouldn't imagine that app has ben updated for the 700 yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by tedcousens
    Enjoy your fantasy land...this thing is AWESOME!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by treojunkie
    Couldn't find if someone already had this problem or not.. Using Chattermail, when the popup comes up for a new incoming mail message, a dialog saying something like "tap center of rocker" comes up and won't go away. Tapping center of the rocker does nothing and the only thing you can do is scroll up or down the message. Can't close the message, return to an app, etc. The only thing I found I could do was click my ZLauncher quick launch button and exit to another app. Then, all was ok. One time this happened, and soon after it reset itself (first random reset since I got the 700p).
    I haven't had this...make sure you post this question for Marc in the chatter forum or even better the forum on the chatter web site.

good luck.

FWIW...chatter has been like a rock on my 700
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr
    Do you have Shadowmite's Phone_PCS.prc overlay installed? Previous poster thought that was causing the problem.
    I had an overlay when the phone turned on and off that said southwest airlines flight certified. I use to use it when I flew with them all the time. I could convince 90% of them that it was official without a second look and they would not question the use of the treo on board. Delted that and all is well.
    Last edited by RICHINMJ; 06/01/2006 at 08:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by tedcousens
    A year and a half ago, people said the same thing about being glad they stuck with their 600's but after a few months of working out the bugs they were all green with envy over all of the 650 users. Same here...the 700p is going to be buggy, and we all should have known that. But through the support we get here on TC, and specialized users, we'll get em worked out and in a few months, we'll be raving once again and praising the blazing speed and other new features.

Am I glad I upgraded from the 650?? Well, at first I was hesistant, but part of the obsession with Treo's is that you get to be a part of making something better than what it was before you got it. So while the latency in switching applications and screens is annoying right now, I'm still excited to have my 700p.

And just for the record, the fastest I ever got on my 650 through www.dslreports.com/mspeed was about 110k down...last night, I pulled about 280k...so yeah, I'm impressed.
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
    Firstly, I love this friggin' phone.

It didn't like it when I browsed to a photo in the photo app and tried to copy it from the card to the device. (Reset). Worked the 2nd time without a hitch, so probably a hiccup.
    MAJOR SYNCING ISSUES! Please see the sync secction of the forum. AAARRRGGGHHH!
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D
    We should have one of these so that those of us who know sprint reps and such can forward a good list of bugs to them to forward to palm.

So far, only thing I've noticed is that when the phone's switching from roaming to home networks and vice versa, there's a long pause.

When this phone was released I was hoping that it would not have as many bugs as the 650 when released but I am not so sure now!

Today while in my Camry 2006 with BT, I kept clicking BT on and it would go off continously; strange,

Then I had the 1st loop of death today after beaming a large program from the 650 to the 700P.

I have also noted the lag.

Sprint immediately removed my old vision plan and I have been paying 5-7 bucks a day for my download. Up graded to the Ulitmate pack today for half price. Kept my unlimited text for 2.50 but tried to upgrade my son's A940 and they said his unlimited text would go to 7.50. I afraid that Sprint has a lot of loose cannons on these data issues for now. I guess we are still in the PPR with Perry still.

My postings have sure decreased!
    interesting.. I also get that blank "white" screen in between apps. The longest one was between Date BK5 -> other app. do you think increase the cache size would help? can't recall what software .... rcache...??
    The only app that I seem to get the white screen on is Causerie. Everything else is pretty zippy. I'm using Zlauncher.
    All the names are in my phone books but they dont show up and still having problems with volume care any help
    Quote Originally Posted by freakfarm
    Since getting the Sprint 700p last night, there has been one main problem and it's happened twice (just happened now for the second time).

The issue is that all of a sudden the phone is simply dead. Doesn't matter what buttons I push, nothing happens...phone doesn't turn on. I was doing completely different things both times before this happened (not able to pinpoint what is causing it yet).

I have to remove the battery and put it back in for it to restart. The battery life is at 92% as well.
    Just happened a third time. Went to see if my screen was the orange hue people are talking about after not looking at my phone for hours and no matter what button I press, it doesn't turn on. Have to remove the battery, then put it back in to get it to restart. No one has had this problem?

(on edit...I also just noticed that my battery is suddenly down to 43% when it was at 92% half a day earlier (and I didn't use it once since)...weird.)
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast