Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    what's the deal with this long pause between calendar and phone? I'm suspecting this is a frankengarnet + evdo conflict of some type?
    the resets reported here appear to be the usual, par for the course with palm devices in general.

I'm looking forward to the palm linux treo sometime in the future - hopefully then the reset issues will be resolved.
    I gotta have more cowbell
  2.    #22  
    Yes, the occasional long pauses seem to be an issue. Hopefully the next firmware update will fix them.
    When you press the "#" key too many times (12-15) you get this error:

Error - Excess SPC failure
    Quote Originally Posted by cha0s

Please tell me why you are doing that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ
    My phone preferences drop down is causing the phone to soft reset
    Quote Originally Posted by DigiPimp
    Same here!
    Same here, also. This is a pain, because I can't specify what typing does in the phone app. I like to type names, but it only recognizes numbers and I can't get to the screen that would allow me to change that (as it soft resets every time).

EDIT: I was wrong about the dialing preferences. That's found in Phone Display Options. Also, I found the cause of the resets. I had installed the Phone_PCS.prc overlay file that allows Sprint users to see call duration. If you delete this file and stick with the standard Phone_PCS file that's in ROM, the resets stop.
    Last edited by curtiscarmack; 06/01/2006 at 07:20 AM.
    Tried the drop down box for phone settings - no resets.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Every time I do a soft reset, the first screen it boots to is the preference screen for setting the time. Then (far more importantly) I have to do a touchscreen recalibration before I can get any screen touches to work at all. Could this be some sort of application conflict? Should I screw around with removing applications to see ifthe problem goes away?
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    ringopro version 4.44 has a bug with caller id. The caller id on the 700p doesn't work correctly when ringopro is running.
    I have found forcing evdo has made the data speeds more consistenly faster. (probably not switching between evdo and 1RxTT)
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Further to my post about having to recalibrate the touchscreen after every reset: It turns out that the problem has gone away now that I've elected to have the system time set automatically by the network.
    Since getting the Sprint 700p last night, there has been one main problem and it's happened twice (just happened now for the second time).

The issue is that all of a sudden the phone is simply dead. Doesn't matter what buttons I push, nothing happens...phone doesn't turn on. I was doing completely different things both times before this happened (not able to pinpoint what is causing it yet).

I have to remove the battery and put it back in for it to restart. The battery life is at 92% as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by fgkay
    I work inside the basement of a bldg. and get no SPCS signal. This is normal. With my other Sprint phone (Sam a920), as soon as I get outside, the phone immediately picks up a signal. Today, with my 700p, the phone would not pick up the signal when I went outside. I observed this on 3 different occassions -- it just continued to display 'No Service'. Waited ~5 min each time, then had to power-cycle the phone to have it acquire a signal.
    Uh oh... we had this problem way back in the early Treo 600 days.

Yeah... and then it soft resets the Treo after a min or so.

Ha - my thought exactly!
    Quote Originally Posted by I302K
    no caller id on incomeing calls only shows the number and no name with the number stored in the phone after sync

volume care gets sutck when trying to adjust app valume
    This is normal for the 650 (mine, anyway). Are you sure it's supposed to work like other Caller ID's and display names, along with the number, even if the name isn't in your contact list?

To be clear, with my 650, if I don't have the number on my contact list, the name doesn't show up.
    Tried the drop down box for phone settings - no resets.
    Do you have Shadowmite's Phone_PCS.prc overlay installed? Previous poster thought that was causing the problem.
    I noticed that lack of caller ID thing also.

The lag between programs is very reminiscent of a similar problem when the 650 first came out -- it was fixed by the first firmware upgrade, as I recall.

I do have one of those orange/brownish-hued screens. Can't yet tell if it's endemic or a wide-spread mistake.

SPC? Stupid Phucking Customer?

Kidding!!!

--
    Mike
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Card Export II caused reboot loop even after un-install. Had to hard reset.

Mergic VPN won't automatically launch for VersaMail.
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast