Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819
    I've been encountering all the same problems with my 700p. I'm glad to know it isnt just me! Besides the obvious, I'm also not receiving my incoming calls! If the caller doesnt leave me a vmail or a "page", I won't even know they called. My phone wont even ring and a vmail icon and alert will pop up... This has been really inconvenient and annoying since I missed an important phone call from a prospective employer!!!!
    Has anyone taken their 700p into sprint and told them about the choppiness of pTunes?
    Quote Originally Posted by string3599 View Post
    Has anyone taken their 700p into sprint and told them about the choppiness of pTunes?
    Yes. They ran a test on my phone for 30 mins he was "treo" expert. He gave my phone to another rep and that rep told me "We found that TomTom is causing your issues" I told them it was not an acceptable answer and I wanted to speak to the treo "expert" out comes some 20 something kid I explain I had spoken with plam and they admit to the issues and problems and at first he agreed then I said well what can you do about it? (I went in with the intent to get it replace with a 755p for free) He told me he would not order me a replacement 700p since it was "normal" and that my phone was slow because of 3rd party applications. I got into a 10 minute argument with him showing him the display model with stock apps has the same issues that my phone has and his phone has and the other 2 reps phones that I had them pull out and do it. Whats funny is the 2 reps I spoke to prior agreed with me the phone was POS and all had text and bluetooth issues, but yet when the tech came out all this was "normal". He ended up telling me that the new 755p suffers from the same problems and I call BS on him since I have had a 755p on 30 trial since the 14th (now its on another account holders line) I told him to go get a 755p from the back and he refused and walked away and got the store manager I told her that the treo "expert" didnt know crap and I was tired of being lied to and at least Palm now has the decency to admit they are fundamental flaws in the device. She would only order me a replacement 700p and not a 755p, I was pissed since I had them look up my account and I have had a number of 700p's and they all have the same issue along with the 5 other 700ps in the store.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewAz View Post
    Yes. They ran a test on my phone for 30 mins he was "treo" expert. He gave my phone to another rep and that rep told me "We found that TomTom is causing your issues" I told them it was not an acceptable answer and I wanted to speak to the treo "expert" out comes some 20 something kid I explain I had spoken with plam and they admit to the issues and problems and at first he agreed then I said well what can you do about it? (I went in with the intent to get it replace with a 755p for free) He told me he would not order me a replacement 700p since it was "normal" and that my phone was slow because of 3rd party applications. I got into a 10 minute argument with him showing him the display model with stock apps has the same issues that my phone has and his phone has and the other 2 reps phones that I had them pull out and do it. Whats funny is the 2 reps I spoke to prior agreed with me the phone was POS and all had text and bluetooth issues, but yet when the tech came out all this was "normal". He ended up telling me that the new 755p suffers from the same problems and I call BS on him since I have had a 755p on 30 trial since the 14th (now its on another account holders line) I told him to go get a 755p from the back and he refused and walked away and got the store manager I told her that the treo "expert" didnt know crap and I was tired of being lied to and at least Palm now has the decency to admit they are fundamental flaws in the device. She would only order me a replacement 700p and not a 755p, I was pissed since I had them look up my account and I have had a number of 700p's and they all have the same issue along with the 5 other 700ps in the store.
    "(I went in with the intent to get it replace with a 755p for free)"

First off, this is why I did not replace your phone. You made this very clear with your description that you had the representative write out on the trouble ticket that was submitted. It was written like a synopsis to half the threads on this page. And secondly, your Treo passed all hardware and function tests. I even used two separate headsets to test your bluetooth(Motorola H700, Discovery 655). Not once did a drop or disconnect occur(only had 30 min to test his phone, what can i do). Pocket Tunes was never mentioned as a concern in the notes.
    I feel obligated to say something as you have the wrong idea of what happens in that service center. We are there to fix hardware issues (broken screens, vibe motors, blown earpieces and mics) and assist in the diagnosis of software related issues. Once again, your unit passed all tests(error log had 0 records) and had no hardware malfunctions during testing.

Treo related problems represent a small portion, maybe 20% of the units we repair and replace everyday. The kind of problems you listed would take a couple of hours to diagnose, but as I stated earlier, I had a promise time of 30 min to keep. If you feel your unit was not diagnosed properly, feel free to return to the store and have it tested again by a non "treo expert". There are 4 other techs there that also have treos and are well qualified to test your device.
    As for my device, it works perfectly. I don't have ANY problems!!!! and I use allot of the same software you do. Maybe you should try should try a clean install, adding your apps back one by one til you find out whats causing your lag.

Our display unit is clogged with customer downloaded garbage and is not maintained, I only care that it comes on everyday. The sales reps will agree with anybody just avoid confrontation, and as I told you " Comparing the 755p to the 700 is like apples to oranges. They are not the same phone internally (new motherboard, radio, software, SDHC). Just wait for your MR like everybody else!

Before I came to the store, the techs there would have told you to "hard reset your phone and have a nice day". I was labeled an expert because i cared enough to find answers to peoples problems, and actually fix their phone, software related or not.I strive hard to ensure we only replace phones that are actually broken, and yours sir, is not.

You came in to the busiest service center in AZ requesting the impossible, something of that nature is handled through retentions on a case by case basis. People like you just drive up costs with pointless exchanges. You just want a new toy and don't want to pay for it. Take your ridiculous request to *2

Muff
    Last edited by Muffnician; 05/25/2007 at 09:22 AM.
    My phone preferences drop down is causing the phone to soft reset
    Me too!
    help .. after I launch sprint TV and pick the channel I want to watch, the phone resets as soon as the "player" shows on the screen ...

this is the reset message " a reset at blahblah while running "player" UIResource.c, Line:190, Unknown rsrc type

Any Ideas????????????????

thanks!!
    Last edited by pixielee; 07/15/2007 at 11:25 PM. Reason: fixed 90 to 190 - oops typo
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819