Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819 LastLast
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by enolamyecart View Post
    I am having the same problem! Trying to find what the root cause is. I have also noticed an increased number of Lockups during use. I think it may be Chattermail trying to work (push-mail),in the background, while I am in the middle of another app. The reason I have narrowed it down to this is because I get notification of a new e-mail after the Treo un-Freezes.

I hope the Chattermail issue is not off-topic, but I would classify this as a Bug since the Treo Locks & Freezes.

Anyone else having a similar issue?
    I am having a similar issue. Chattermail is part of the problem. Anytime I have Chattermail running in the background I will get a crash eventually. I also get the same result when Versamail is set to autosync with an Activesync account. Something is messed up with data transmission and if Powervision is connnected long enough I get the "low battery warning" popup and my 700p shuts down. As long as the PV connection is off it is fine. The only problem I am having is convincing the Sprint techs that this is a hardware issue and not a software issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    I am having a similar issue. Chattermail is part of the problem. Anytime I have Chattermail running in the background I will get a crash eventually. I also get the same result when Versamail is set to autosync with an Activesync account. Something is messed up with data transmission and if Powervision is connnected long enough I get the "low battery warning" popup and my 700p shuts down. As long as the PV connection is off it is fine. The only problem I am having is convincing the Sprint techs that this is a hardware issue and not a software issue.

Are you saying that chattermail is the problem or the activesync is the problem with being connected to PV? If it is chattermail I can see why the techs tell you that. Sprint will not support any third party application on their handset.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    Please tell me why you are doing that.
    Their userid is cha0s. Need you ask more?
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Smooth Chef D View Post
    Are you saying that chattermail is the problem or the activesync is the problem with being connected to PV? If it is chattermail I can see why the techs tell you that. Sprint will not support any third party application on their handset.

Chattermail does it. Activesync does it. I get the same problem, though less often, if i leave googlemaps or blazer open on a high bandwidth page. While i agree they shouldnt have to support 3rd part apps, should it support any of the pre-installed apps?
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet on this thread, but a lot of us are seeing unacceptable delays of incoming SMS to Sprint 700p's, sometimes up to a week, sometimes the messages never arrive. Powercycling the phone (removing the battery, or turning the phone on/off) suddenly causes a flood of incoming SMS to arrive that had been queued up. This applies to voicemail notification too, so folks aren't being notified that they have voicemail until they powercycle the unit.

Here's the original discussion thread:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=128828
    Quote Originally Posted by entropyaz View Post
    I've seen several threads/comments related to DTMF issues, but none seem to quite match what I'm experiencing. Has anybody had a problem with Sprint treo 700p only sending a single DTMF digit, and then not sending anything upon digit press after that? I can't hear the tone being sent on my end, and the reciever can't hear it either.

This has been quite frustrating for dialing any customer service or VRU where more than 1 digit is required to get anywhere.

Thanks!
    yep.
    I get the same issue when trying to access my voicemail.
    Very frustrating.
    Any solutions?
    "Always changing; everything for good, nothing for nothing."—Flying Hawk, Sioux Chief

Jonn Nubian/First Generation Urban/Brown Eyed Intelligence

My sites mobile formatted for the Treo
    here
    experienced same issue today

when calling to sprint toll free number and putting in my TN, i heard DTMF for every other key stroke

since u cant dial *2 from phone, if u do once u hang up the radio turns on and off
    I'm up to almost 7 or so resets a week now. Happens at the darndest times. Sometimes it's while on the internet using blazer, sometimes it's while on a call, sometimes it's while texting, or just when any program decides it doesn't like what it's doing. And I don't have any odd duck programs at all. The most intricate thing I use is AOL and I don't think I've ever had problems with that.

My BT headset is still not always reconnecting, and I have to toy with it to get it to reconnect.

I'm tired of accidentally going into multimail and then getting delays everywhere. I end up deleting every MM file I can find and do a reset. But you should be able to delete it or completely disable it.

I wish LG would come through with a nice flip style palm. I'm sure graffiti will never happen again, but there's no reason why a keyboard on one side, a nice generous screen on the other on something that's slightly thicker than the Samsung or Moto slim phones isn't possible. With no competition Palm just trudges along with zero innovation on their 3rd iteration of this phone with a little bit of an FU to 700 owners by bringing out the 680/750 line so soon showing us how much more compact they could've made the 700. But no, they deliberately entice you into the high speed networks with the same basic casing and design with minimal improvements so that you get spoiled by the higher speed connection. Then they bring out the smaller versions, but nobody wants to even entertain it after having the higher speeds so you now get enticed to upgrading to their next generation phone which will have nothing spectacular to it except the smaller size and minor improvements over the 700 (speculation of course). Okay...I'm done ranting. I just miss my i500. It still sits in it's charger in my office like a little sculpture. And it whispers to me every time, going...traitor, traitor.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    This may have already been covered in a previous post. If so, forgive me for posting again, but I have searched and have not been able to find a topic about this issue.

I just upgraded from a 650 to a brand new 700p yesterday. I am having a recurring problem where anytime I get an incoming text message (particularly if one comes in while I am on a call), the phone resets and I have to turn it back on again manually.

Anyone else having this issue?
    the best way to troubleshoot is to troubleshoot yourself with your own phone, that is def not a known issue, hardreset your phone then go to sprintusers.com and text tab and send yourself test sms messages and see if u can duplicate, if u get this issue with only factory software on it bring it back to store... if it doesnt happen at this time then its a conflicting apps and u have to continue to trbleshoot with those apps...

also not sure if u mean that your radio is just turning off and u have to turn on yourself..?

dont think u mean that it is resetting itself being that the treo 700p turns itself back on after resets and u said that u have to turn it back on..

the only time that my treos radio turns off and on by itself is when i call *2 and hangup
    Quote Originally Posted by tlau View Post
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet on this thread, but a lot of us are seeing unacceptable delays of incoming SMS to Sprint 700p's, sometimes up to a week, sometimes the messages never arrive. Powercycling the phone (removing the battery, or turning the phone on/off) suddenly causes a flood of incoming SMS to arrive that had been queued up. This applies to voicemail notification too, so folks aren't being notified that they have voicemail until they powercycle the unit.

Here's the original discussion thread:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=128828

I initiated the referenced thread over four months ago. I manage about (75) 700p's. Our users SMS each other throughout the day. It is still occuring at a minimum to 2-3 users per week. A user may go for weeks/months without a glitch and then they get hit and don't know it since they're used to receiving their SMS without a problem.
    Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry
    So far, the only two bugs I've experienced with my Sprint PCS Treo 700P are:
    1). The bassackward way new customers and their orders are handled by Sprint.
    2). Employees who receive a paycheck from Sprint to be inept!
    ---
    Actually quite painful bugz... I did however find the vitual tour of India entertaining at times in my search for someone to speak with that could communicate in some language I could actually understand!
    Not currently having any problems, although I've only had my 700p for a few days...just wanted to subscribe to this thread...
    Dave
    Sprint Pre User Who LOVED his Pre but left for a more supported phone (EVO Shift)...maybe one day Sprint & HP will see the light and bring us a great 4g capable Pre replacement!
    I have switched to 2 different treo 700p's with the same problem. I have also tried different computers with the same issue. this problem happens even after doing a hard reset. This is a real mystery. Fortunately I can still do an over the air active sync with Outlook.
    GadgetAddict
    Mililani, HI

Palm Pilot 1000>Palm V>Palm505>PalmT/T>Treo 650>Treo700p
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Been working through my 700p replacement (for a 650) and found that many times my bluetooth headset (scala 500) would have lots of static. I used it with my 650 with no issues. On the 700p, I accidentally pressed a key on the dialpad during a call with that problem and found that the static went away instantly! Very clear call at that point. Tried it another time on another call with static and had the same result.

Seems like I don't have to do this all the time, so maybe it's only needed the first time after a reset....

Couldn't find any reference to this anywhere else, just thought I'd share that with you folks. If there's another thread on this that someone could point out I'll read some more over there.
    So the Sprint CS rep tells me he has extensive knowledge on the 700p and hasn't had many complaints at all about it. I called bullsh*t and rambled on about the whole slew of problems,and the ones that specifically affect me. They opted to send me a new phone. I said fine, but don't be surprised if I call you up in a few weeks with the same problems. Three days into it I have the same BT problems, got a nice 12 second lag going into Photos, and I've got a new issue where it doesn't send the DTMF signals. Kept trying to delete and save voicemails. I heard the signal, but it didn't register in voicemail. I hung up, redialed, and it worked fine. Very odd. Not sure if that was a Sprint or Treo issue. I have had times where the DTMF sounded shorter than normal and didn't register on the first or second try, but it eventually would. The consistency of the tone length just seems to be very inconsistent in general. Non-existent was just new. The Q is looking better and better.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    I've had my Treo for about a year now, and I've noticed that several things I originally did resulted in numerous resets when I used my 700P. Since I've modified how I use my Treo, I've had fewer resets. Originally, I used to use Hotsync to install programs and backup/sync my Treo to my home and work PC. My home PC has WinMedia, and My Work PC ran WIN2000. I also used Versamail for my POP3 accounts (gmail and Yahoo) I also did not clear out my phone log. I deleted programs using the drop down menu from the main applications program. Also I only use TomTom for BT, and use the Palm earbuds for hands free dialing, no BT ear jewelery.

I cleaned up my 700P by doing a hard reset, almost 7 months ago. I then installed the following programs: Destaller lite, Palm Files, and Filez, NVBackup, Palm Internals, Phone Technician, Reset Doctor, Trace. Now, I uninstall programs using Destaller, Install programs on my SDCard, using a USB card reader, and transfer them into ROM with Filez. I backup my Treo daily to my SDCard, using NVBackup at 4:10 A.M. I also shut my radio (mobile phone app) off from 11:00 P.M. to 3:00 A.M. The other thing I do not do is use versamail. I use the beta Yahoo and mobile Gmail websites to get my e-mail. I accept that since the Palm has more memory, it takes longer to clear the cache than the older Treos do, especially when exiting Blazer. I have Blazer open to bookmarks view, and have my bookmarks set for Google and Yahoo. I try to exit Blazer from the bookmarks view. I have clear cache on exit unchecked in Blazer. I use reset doctor to manage my cache dumps. I use Docs2Go, Keycaps 600 for keyboarding ease. Ringo for my ringtone management, I use the latest version of PTunes, KBLights to manage my backlights. USBModem for my laptop connection. Voice dial for my handsfree. And Phone Tech to handle disabling alarms when the phone is in use, screen off during calls, sound booster, stay put, so I dont have to restart any app I'm working on when the phone rings.
    Right now, I am experiencing one reset every two weeks, mostly exception errors from the main application.

I do not hotsync at home anymore. I do charge at home using a Seidio usb cable. I sync only at work. My new work PC is a WINXP. I still see Win errors when I disconnect my Palm sync/charge cable, but this does not affect my palm. I do not disconnect the Sync cable while I am in the Hotsync app, but exit to the main app screen. I think the main things that were causing my problems with my Treo in the beginning, were Hotsyncs, where I installed programs from my PC to my Treo. Also deleting programs from the App delete menu. Now I use Destaller and my SD Card with filez. I also backup my Treo before I add or update any program.
    Mine goes to a white screen and lags for about 5-10 seconds when going from Causerie to any other program (with Causerie running in the background)
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by freyes View Post
    I've had my Treo for about a year now, and I've noticed that several things I originally did resulted in numerous resets when I used my 700P. Since I've modified how I use my Treo, I've had fewer resets. Originally, I used to use Hotsync to install programs and backup/sync my Treo to my home and work PC. My home PC has WinMedia, and My Work PC ran WIN2000. I also used Versamail for my POP3 accounts (gmail and Yahoo) I also did not clear out my phone log. I deleted programs using the drop down menu from the main applications program. Also I only use TomTom for BT, and use the Palm earbuds for hands free dialing, no BT ear jewelery.

I cleaned up my 700P by doing a hard reset, almost 7 months ago. I then installed the following programs: Destaller lite, Palm Files, and Filez, NVBackup, Palm Internals, Phone Technician, Reset Doctor, Trace. Now, I uninstall programs using Destaller, Install programs on my SDCard, using a USB card reader, and transfer them into ROM with Filez. I backup my Treo daily to my SDCard, using NVBackup at 4:10 A.M. I also shut my radio (mobile phone app) off from 11:00 P.M. to 3:00 A.M. The other thing I do not do is use versamail. I use the beta Yahoo and mobile Gmail websites to get my e-mail. I accept that since the Palm has more memory, it takes longer to clear the cache than the older Treos do, especially when exiting Blazer. I have Blazer open to bookmarks view, and have my bookmarks set for Google and Yahoo. I try to exit Blazer from the bookmarks view. I have clear cache on exit unchecked in Blazer. I use reset doctor to manage my cache dumps. I use Docs2Go, Keycaps 600 for keyboarding ease. Ringo for my ringtone management, I use the latest version of PTunes, KBLights to manage my backlights. USBModem for my laptop connection. Voice dial for my handsfree. And Phone Tech to handle disabling alarms when the phone is in use, screen off during calls, sound booster, stay put, so I dont have to restart any app I'm working on when the phone rings.
    Right now, I am experiencing one reset every two weeks, mostly exception errors from the main application.

I do not hotsync at home anymore. I do charge at home using a Seidio usb cable. I sync only at work. My new work PC is a WINXP. I still see Win errors when I disconnect my Palm sync/charge cable, but this does not affect my palm. I do not disconnect the Sync cable while I am in the Hotsync app, but exit to the main app screen. I think the main things that were causing my problems with my Treo in the beginning, were Hotsyncs, where I installed programs from my PC to my Treo. Also deleting programs from the App delete menu. Now I use Destaller and my SD Card with filez. I also backup my Treo before I add or update any program.
    I hope you do realize the way you are doing things is NOT the way the phone is supposed to work as advertised by Palm and/or Verizon-Sprint. It's fine if you are now used to this new methodology, but if you think about users not so tech-savvy and how the phone is targeted to them then it is hard to explain why the phone works so poorly.

Once the MR is here maybe you'll have to change your methods to something, say, more convenient ?
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
    So weird - for a few days after configuring Bluetooth for DUN on the 700p, internet access was fine (it dialed #777, authenticated, voila). Now, a week later, trying again...no luck: BT still works, as verified with a BT hotsync, but now the laptop and phone "communicate" during the dialing preliminaries, but no network connection is established.

Has anyone encountered - and solved - this dilemma? I want to avoid a cold boot / re-install / start from scratch at ALL costs.

Thx
    Paul