Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819 LastLast
    now does anyone have a way of fining out what the error codes mean?
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I just received a Treo 700P and for some reason about 70% of the time when someone calls me, I can hear them, but they cannot hear me. Its like a crap shoot trying to get it to work. I dont know if this is a documented issue, but I'm sure it is. It is really annoying. Verizon is sending a refurbished phone, which doesn't make me very happy. Thanks Everyone
    Hopefully they'll get the bugs out of the refur before it gets to you.
    good luck.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by mshahan View Post
    I just received a Treo 700P and for some reason about 70% of the time when someone calls me, I can hear them, but they cannot hear me. Its like a crap shoot trying to get it to work. I dont know if this is a documented issue, but I'm sure it is. It is really annoying. Verizon is sending a refurbished phone, which doesn't make me very happy. Thanks Everyone
    Hopefully they'll get the bugs out of the refur before it gets to you.
    good luck.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I use to have this happen on my treo 700p (from Sprint).

It seems to be trigger when you lose the network and it is behind the scenes trying to recover the network. For example enter an elevator and then exit the elevator.

I turned off Roaming and have seen a dramatic drop (almost no) freezes since.

Plus prevents roaming charges when the phone grabs Verizon.
    Palm Pre and a nice collection of Treos: 755p, 700, 650, 600, 300 and Palm Pilots, Visors, and Sony Clie
    When on a call the volume goes up or down.
    Most noticable when listening to voice mail.
    I notice it more now that I know its there.
    I think it is my phone more then "it being a bad connection" or
    "the other persons phone".
    Anybody else????
    So I'm new to this site and a real newbie to forums. I have a Treo 700p that is driving me nuts with the Bluetooth connections. I have 3 different headsets and they all act quirky with the Treo. I had a 650 and I thought Palm would fix the headset problems with the 700p but it's even worse!
    I also have a problem with my 2000 contacts...try editing them and see how slow it is. It takes 20 to 30 seconds to get back to the phone screen...just hangs while it make the changes. This never happend with the 650 either. Just thought I'd chime in here with my frustration with my new 700p.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidrmay View Post
    I use to have this happen on my treo 700p (from Sprint).

It seems to be trigger when you lose the network and it is behind the scenes trying to recover the network. For example enter an elevator and then exit the elevator.

I turned off Roaming and have seen a dramatic drop (almost no) freezes since.

Plus prevents roaming charges when the phone grabs Verizon.
    If I leave roaming on things seem to be better. When I completely lose coverage it seems to lock up looking for a signal, but only if the screen is off. If I am working in any app it seems to be ok. Almost all my freezes are like this. I've only had a handful of freezes while actually in an app.
    I've seen several threads/comments related to DTMF issues, but none seem to quite match what I'm experiencing. Has anybody had a problem with Sprint treo 700p only sending a single DTMF digit, and then not sending anything upon digit press after that? I can't hear the tone being sent on my end, and the reciever can't hear it either.

This has been quite frustrating for dialing any customer service or VRU where more than 1 digit is required to get anywhere.

Thanks!
    Some users have reported that the external Treo speaker stops working in Pocket Tunes (pTunes) when the headphones are pulled out. Even a hard reset does not fix the problem. Oddly enough, though, sometimes plugging and unplugging the headphones several times will restore the speakers.

RE: http://treo.discuss.treocentral.com/...d.php?t=126600
    ~ Zepfanman.com - When you can't find it on Google [my website]
    I have a problem at the end of calls, pressing the RED button does hang up, however it also turns off the power. Then the next time you turn on the screen you see the call still ending and returning to the dial pad.
  12. rsa
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I am new to this forum, though I've been reading it for days. There are just some many posts and as this thread is a good example of 17 pages of why not to buy a Treo 700. The reason that I am reading this thread and many of the others is because I was seriously considering buying a Treo 700p as a replacement for my Palm TX and current cell phone. But I've got to say that you guys scare me to death with all the problems you talk about. Seriously should I run and never look back and save my $400 that I was going to spend on a 700p and instead just be happy with my TX and simple cell phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by RSA View Post
    I am new to this forum, though I've been reading it for days. There are just some many posts and as this thread is a good example of 17 pages of why not to buy a Treo 700. The reason that I am reading this thread and many of the others is because I was seriously considering buying a Treo 700p as a replacement for my Palm TX and current cell phone. But I've got to say that you guys scare me to death with all the problems you talk about. Seriously should I run and never look back and save my $400 that I was going to spend on a 700p and instead just be happy with my TX and simple cell phone?
    I haven't really had any problems with my 700p in the past 2 weeks since starting a new sero acct in the sprint store. I am actually very pleased with the service as well. There are also at least $225 worth of rebates, TEP for $6 a month( so it can be replaced )I'm selling my zire , so that 700p will be free... I also love having all in one unit instead of dragging my palm& cell around all the time!
    Quote Originally Posted by RSA View Post
    Welcome to TreoCentral RSA! Personally, I'm quite sure that if you purchase a 700p you will be very happy with it. Enjoy it at first without adding any programs and you will find it to be rock solid. Then add your programs one at a time, making sure you keep your versions up to date. This thread is about bugs so that is all you are going to read about here, however, you will see that there are also many people who are totally satisfied with their 700ps in other threads. The device has a few weaknesses (one bad program can bring it down), and is a bit temperamental, but with your background with the TX you should have few problems. The EVDO is killer and paying for the insurance should keep you well covered. Good Luck!
    Last edited by copernicus; 01/15/2007 at 07:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by freakfarm View Post
    Since getting the Sprint 700p last night, there has been one main problem and it's happened twice (just happened now for the second time).

The issue is that all of a sudden the phone is simply dead. Doesn't matter what buttons I push, nothing happens...phone doesn't turn on. I was doing completely different things both times before this happened (not able to pinpoint what is causing it yet).

I have to remove the battery and put it back in for it to restart. The battery life is at 92% as well.
    I just got my 700p Sunday night and I too am having this problem. The phone just stops responding after a certain period of time. Nothing will turn it on....the phone doesn't even ring when I call it. It has happened 4 times since Sunday.

Looks like this one will be going back.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    I just got my 700p Sunday night and I too am having this problem. The phone just stops responding after a certain period of time. Nothing will turn it on....the phone doesn't even ring when I call it. It has happened 4 times since Sunday.

Looks like this one will be going back.
    I am having the same problem! Trying to find what the root cause is. I have also noticed an increased number of Lockups during use. I think it may be Chattermail trying to work (push-mail),in the background, while I am in the middle of another app. The reason I have narrowed it down to this is because I get notification of a new e-mail after the Treo un-Freezes.

I hope the Chattermail issue is not off-topic, but I would classify this as a Bug since the Treo Locks & Freezes.

Anyone else having a similar issue?
    Last edited by enolamyecart; 01/19/2007 at 07:13 PM. Reason: oops typos
    Quote Originally Posted by enolamyecart View Post
    I am having the same problem! Trying to find what the root cause is. I have also noticed an increased number of Lockups during use. I think it may be Chattermail trying to work (push-mail),in the background, while I am in the middle of another app. The reason I have narrowed it down to this is because I get notification of a new e-mail after the Treo un-Freezes.

I hope the Chattermail issue is not off-topic, but I would classify this as a Bug since the Treo Locks & Freezes.

Anyone else having a similar issue?
    The thing is I did a hard reset and it STILL happened. I thought it was fixed. Then on the way home from work it did it again. I think it is related to the data connection because if I turn data off the Treo seems to turn on without issues.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I think my new 700p has only 2 bugs after using it for a week. I am concerned about the skipping pTunes sometimes exibits during music playback and much more so while switching between applications as this wasn't a real problem with my 650. And of course the bluetooth issues many seem to have with headset connectivity. Other than that, my 700p so far seems to perform great.
    HP Pre 3 16GB AT&T
    HP Touchpad 32GB
    When I hit the TomTom Navigator (V6) icon, several times I've gotten a message that says I don't have enough db memory to run this app. I saw elsewhere that if I launch Blazer and then go back to TomTom, it will run. But I shouldn't be low on db memory on the 700p. Anyone have a clue?
    New to 700P...one thing that seemed to be adding to "lag" was trying to use button launchers. I love them so have tried a bunch...Observations over my 2 days of playing around include
    • EasyLaunch is very cool but adds a lot of lag (eg, takes a long time for device to start if I just hit the "Phone" key--not acceptable!)
    • HBX (my all-time favorite): generally works but the screen doesn't turn on if you press a button when the screen is off
    • Type Right is AMAZING and doesn't add to lag, BUT there a couple bugs. For ex: don't assign action to spacebar or 0 keys, Last-Application and Prior-Application actions don't work if you try to use more than once (you have to hit another hard key between multiple presses)

Some others just didn't quite work right because of how they've changed the button mapping. The greatly-reduced lag when I uninstalled EasyLaunch was the big find here, I think...

A