Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 LastLast
    Don't be afraid to try one out. You see many people here posting about the device's shortcomings, etc., but there are many more that are satisfied with this device. For me, it has been pretty good. I have gone through a couple of them, but that's due to poor quality control on Palm's part. There is news that Palm has ceased production of the 700P and will restart producing them in September. If you're really concerned about it, I would wait until then before buying one.
    The only problem I've had is the ringtones from my 650 r cut off on my 700 and found out that that is how all of them would be because the 700 process faster and it cuts the 650 ringtones off becase it is faster and it doesn't get the whole thing to the end.
    I was told that I would have to get ringers that are for the 700p. Bottomline is 650 ringtones were not meant to transfer to 700 they can make more money if you to buy them all over again.
    They r making a killing off us with ringtones.
    Ummm... Why buy ringtones in the first place? All you need is a free, simple app. to convert MP3's into the proper format for the 700P to use as ringtones. You can use pretty much any audio format as long as it can be converted for the 700P.

There's a pretty big thread somewhere here in the 700P forum about that.
    i think i'll wait for Septemb, maybe they will fix some bugs and issues with new releas. and do you mind posting the correct format for the tones on the 700p?
    Even with the problems I've had I really like the phone and the utility it brings for personal and work use is great. That said, the problems I've experienced have not kept me from being able to use the phone, others have.
    I am still thinking, between 700p and 700w i like to be able to multitask on it like 700w ables you to do, but the lack of the memory on it is killing me. plus i read that you need a bunch of apps to make 700p to be more or less productive. and 700w does and has all of them out of the box.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Ummm... Why buy ringtones in the first place? All you need is a free, simple app. to convert MP3's into the proper format for the 700P to use as ringtones. You can use pretty much any audio format as long as it can be converted for the 700P.

There's a pretty big thread somewhere here in the 700P forum about that.

i make ringtones all the time

use audacity, free program

cut down my mp3 and wav sounds, add echo , make louder, once all done i drop the file into itunes and right click and convert to aac file which is compatible on the phone, i am in complete control with ringers on my phone, nice and easy
    I actually went to the store and used a 700w. My main concern was having to use the stylus too much. In the little time I had with it, I did not have to use it. If Sprint had it, I would probably switch my 700p for it.
    This is really annoying to me so I'm wondering if anyone else experiences it...When on the phone and someone else comes on via call waiting. I can't seem to find a way to disconnect only ONE caller. My phone keeps both calls active with the only option being Hang Up All. I am a new Sprint customer so I'm not sure if this is a Treo 700p issue or a Sprint issue. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D
    We should have one of these so that those of us who know sprint reps and such can forward a good list of bugs to them to forward to palm.

So far, only thing I've noticed is that when the phone's switching from roaming to home networks and vice versa, there's a long pause.
    I'm new here, and someone maybe have answer this. This happens to me frequently as I also work downstairs.

If I am roaming when I get outside, I hit menu, then phone again and It USUALLY picks up the network. Sometime's I have to do it twice.

Voodoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueflame
    This is really annoying to me so I'm wondering if anyone else experiences it...When on the phone and someone else comes on via call waiting. I can't seem to find a way to disconnect only ONE caller. My phone keeps both calls active with the only option being Hang Up All. I am a new Sprint customer so I'm not sure if this is a Treo 700p issue or a Sprint issue. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
    I have hung up on SEVERAL people trying to do this.
    I have both the 700p (Sprint) and 700w and sure, the 700w has the ability to do Excel, Word, et cetera, but frankly the third party apps that we all complain about do address the inefficiencies of the default apps and it seems like the default apps are rarely upgraded.

I have not added any 3rd party apps to my 700w, though I do test them, I always remove them (it's a thing to see how good the default programs are). The 700p is always with me and it is used most often for work. I have at times used the 700w and in my situation, it is more a matter of preferences than abilities. If you prefer Windows, then stick with the 700w and live with its problems. If you prefer POS, then stick with the 700p and live with its problems.

I prefer the 700p and have lots of 3rd party apps installed. Some of those apps even address operational issues; most address work related issues. Neither device is perfect and both devices do many things well if used appropriately.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by xplod4202
    I am still thinking, between 700p and 700w i like to be able to multitask on it like 700w ables you to do, but the lack of the memory on it is killing me. plus i read that you need a bunch of apps to make 700p to be more or less productive. and 700w does and has all of them out of the box.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry
    So far, the only two bugs I've experienced with my Sprint PCS Treo 700P are:
    1). The bassackward way new customers and their orders are handled by Sprint.
    2). Employees who receive a paycheck from Sprint to be inept!

ditto
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr
    Is it just me, or does anyone else think that if you have a wired headset on, all alerts (ringtones, messages, email, system, etc.) should be heard on the headset? That's how it was on the 600. Instead, phone alerts come out of the speaker as if you don't have a headset plugged in. How dumb is it to change this behavior? I can live with the lags and ptunes skipping, but this bug put me on my knees praying for a firmware update SOON!!!

Anybody have the same issue with BT headsets?
    On a related note, I think it's asinine that when you dial a number with the dial pad, the DTMF tones only go to the ear speaker (and are almost completely inaudible), not to the speakerphone / system speaker as on the 600. Don't know if the 650 was like the 600 or the 700p. On the 300 there was only a click for each number as you dialed, but at least there was some sort of audible feedback.
    As a suggestion to this thread, i think since this is a sticky, the OP (original poster) should update the first post to list all of the listed bugs people have mentioned already in the thread, so no one would repeat anything that is already listed...and would be available at a quick glance w/o reading thru the whole thread.

My bug so far, while surfing the web and receiving a phone call, the speaker phone doesnt work
    why when receiving picture mails does the callerid state 9043, rather than the true # of the person that sent it....?
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fgkay
    I work inside the basement of a bldg. and get no SPCS signal. This is normal. With my other Sprint phone (Sam a920), as soon as I get outside, the phone immediately picks up a signal. Today, with my 700p, the phone would not pick up the signal when I went outside. I observed this on 3 different occassions -- it just continued to display 'No Service'. Waited ~5 min each time, then had to power-cycle the phone to have it acquire a signal.
    i have the same issue... i have had many many "roaming" calls that are well within Sprint networks (all were fine on my Treo650). In fact, one roaming call was within view of one of Sprint's antennas!
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazzan
    There is definitely something going on with SLOW 700p's. My 650 is MUCH faster at data accesss. Did a side by side comparison using pBench and found the 650's data access speeds much faster than 700p's. Very disappointing.
    Slow is an understatement! It is almost unusable. The lag time when launching Blazer is just intollerable.
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    why when receiving picture mails does the callerid state 9043, rather than the true # of the person that sent it....?
    I confirm this but it only recently started. I was getting picture mail from actual phone nos before. Sprint must be doing some upgrades to their network - even SMS has been exhibiting some anomalies.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!