Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    I have not experienced this, but god only knows whats going on when in comparison to the apps that are loaded on the 700. Is this a solid issue out of the box or down the road after application installment?
    at&t iPhone3G
    [QUOTE=silversurfer20]Hi Comedytreogirl, I am having the same problem when calling *2 from my 700p. The phone goes beep, beep, beep and turn the phone off then back on. It doesn't power on and off with the splash screens. It just says phone off then it comes back on. It hasn't did it on any other number though.
    QUOTE]

I too am having this problem with my Sprint Treo 700p. The main reason I noticed is that I kept calling *2 in order to try to get the latest PRL update after calling Sprint Tech Support and having them tell me they flagged my account for the update. I thought I had seen it on some other calls, but maybe it was just when dialing *2. Very annoying because it freezes your phone for several seconds while it trys to re-attain a signal.

Regarding the PRL update, dialing *2 should trigger the PRL download if your account has been flagged, but it seems "stuck". Maybe this problem with the signal reset is related to failed PRL updates? They told me to go into the store where the could install the update manually, but the Tech and the store said she didn't have any of the new "stuff" that was needed to work with the Treo 700p.
    here is the answer to the prl question so I was told. there is no PRL for the treo 700p yet . your account can be flagged but since there isn't one you won't get it.
    I was told wait atleast 2 week . sorry responce is so short I'm on the treo and I hate to type.
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
    Quote Originally Posted by comedytreogirl
    here is the answer to the prl question so I was told. there is no PRL for the treo 700p yet . your account can be flagged but since there isn't one you won't get it.
    I was told wait atleast 2 week . sorry responce is so short I'm on the treo and I hate to type.
    I received that same response, but I think they may be trying to blow us off without actually knowing if this was the probelm or not. I say this because after some digging, I got them to tell me that the current PRL is 20222 while I still have 20221 on my phone. So flagging my account should push 20222 to the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fofer
    I'm not happy with the 700p's speaker. At max volume, my Treo 650 is much louder than my 700p. I installed VolumeCare on both... still much, much louder on the 650.

Still, the pros outweigh the cons.
    I'm still reading through the rest of this thread, but you can add me to the list of people that think the speaker on the 700 is inferior to the 650. I also have VolumeCare on both and kept wondering what the hell was going on with my 700 becauase I could barely hear the sound (in a parking lot) on the external speaker even with max volume but I know it wouldn't have been a problem on my 650 because that thing could get deafening when cranked up that high.
    I spoke with Sprint Business Account Technical Support. I'd 3 times requested flagging for PRL updating, but it never worked over the air. I was told that there are reported problems with OTA PRL upgrades for the 700p and that I should go into a Sprint shop for this.
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
    Quote Originally Posted by scrote
    When using anything data, Blazer, Snappermail, or anything that needs to connect to Power Vision I get a "Service not available, please try again" everytime on the first try. As soon as I do it again it connects right away. VERY ANNOYING. Does not matter if I try to connect 5 seconds later or 5 hours I have to do it twice! Also have the lag between screens.
    Scrote
    I too have been getting this error, though not with 100% consistency. However, when it occurs (which seems to be after I haven't used data services in a while), it sometimes automatically reattempts the connection within a few seconds (usually when I'm using Chatter).

I'm not sure if this is an actual problem with the connection and the EVDO network being overloaded (as Sprint Tech Support implied), or if it's in the Treo itself (which is my guess at the moment).
    Quote Originally Posted by BillPetro
    I spoke with Sprint Business Account Technical Support. I'd 3 times requested flagging for PRL updating, but it never worked over the air. I was told that there are reported problems with OTA PRL upgrades for the 700p and that I should go into a Sprint shop for this.
    Let me know if you find a sprint store that can do this. I was told the same thing but the technician at the store I went to didn't have anything that would let her work on the 700p...she said it was still "too new". I think she wanted to help but really didn't have the tools or knowledge she needed for the 700p.
    I spent an hour on the phone with Sprint Business Account Technical Support on this Error 3000. Many low level resets that wiped out not only everything in RAM but also deep Sprint networking settings. When it came back up, I could use "Messaging" fine.

However, after I restored from Backup (NVbackup) I found that the error came back. I suspect it's some app I've installed on my Treo 700p that is conflicting.
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
    the prl that they say is avaible again so I was told that it was a demo prl. don't waste your time going to the sprint store been there done that . they don't know anything nor is there one yet. I was told unless you are having an issue with getting calls then the prl is not needed. If I'm wrong about what a prl is for . roaming then its no big deal. chime in and let me know.
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
    Quote Originally Posted by cowbean
    I posted this under a Bluetooth Headset thread, but felt it deserved a place in the official buglist too...

After some experimentation, I've found that if I turn off Bluetooth on the 700p, then turn Bluetooth back on, I get the light blue "headset connected" icon, but when I make or receive a call, sound does not actually route to the headset, and the icon doesn't turn into the dark blue "headset receiving sound" icon. I can actually use the headset to redial, but even then the sound doesn't come through.

However, if I leave bluetooth on all the time, I don't have this problem, even if I turn the headset on and off, or get out of its range, etc.
    Thanks for listing the details on how this problem occured. I ran into the same problem where it showed my headset was connected, but it wouldn't send the call to the headset and wouldn't let me transfer the call to the headset.
    I can't begin to tell you all the things wrong with the 700p. They really should have named it the 700pos. This is a family forum, so I won't spell out what pos stands for, but I'm sure you know.

I'm so sorry I switched. If you have a 650, keep it. The 700p is simply terrible, and not worth the money.

1) Only e-mail is faster. Web browsing using the new Sprint network is no better than it was on the 650. All the video features cost extra to use. A lot extra.

2) They moved the frequently used "menu" button to the bottom of the keyboard, next to the shift key and made it tiny. if you use the phone while driving (I know . . . not safe) you need to bend your right thumb into an unnatural position to bring up the menus. All this so they could make the seldom used Power Off and Power On buttons bigger.

3) If you like to keep a few lines of favorites below your dialpad or wallpaper and are used to using the 5 way right arrow to scroll over to the other columns, you can't anymore. You must use the down arrow to bring up the full list of favorites, then scroll right, then use the up arrow to go back to where you wanted to go in the first place.

4) If you like to keep a picture or your wife, GF, dog or kids as wallpaper, the 700p doesn't crop the picture when you add a few lines of favorites.

5) If you like to use the phone as a modem (DUN) it was included under your data plan with the 650. More $$$ on the 700p without much speed increase. Yeah, they say it can take the place of your DSL line. NOT. The documention on this feature both in the manual and online is totally inadequate. The sprint rep who sells you the phone will not tell you about the extra charges for DUN.

6) The Voice Memo conduit that you had with the 650 doesn't come with the 700p. Using it gets you an error message. There is no way to sync your Voice Memo's or record Voice Memo's on your Mac using the Palm VM app and have them sycn over to the 700p.

7) The low volume issues with the 650 are still present in the 700p. You still need to buy the third party Volume Care application just to be able to hear a conversation in a noisy area.

8) The so called improved camera still stinks. Unless you are shooting in full sun, the pictures look like mud. And there is no built in flash, either. Again, you need the third party Splash Photo to manage and sync your photo library.

9) If you record a voice memo and want to send it to your office via Versamail, it sends the file in RINGTONE format. Totally useless to anyone getting your VM via e-mail on a Mac or PC. The 650 sends Voice Memos as mp3 files, just click and listen right in your e-mail. Sprint seems to think that kids who collect ringtones are the target market for the 700p. Yeah, like they have a spare $650 just burning a hole in their pockets.

10) The touch screen is slow to respond. It takes a few seconds to go from the phone to the home page. The whole user experience feels sluggish.

11) The Sprint documentation was written by someone in India or China who never actually uses the phone, since so much key information is missing or unexplained.

12) The biggest thing wrong with the 700p is that Sprint sells it and you have to deal with Sprint's inept, poorly trained, ill informed, customer service department. And you get to wait 25 or 30 minutes for the priviledge of talking to someone who knows less than you do about the phone.

DO NOT BUY A 700P. Keep your 650 or buy a used 650 from some ***** like me who made the mistake of upgrading to this horrid device.

I hate the 700p!
    Last edited by NormG1; 07/05/2006 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Add a Title
    Hey Norm, I feel your pain bro. I just spent an hr. and a half on the phone with Sprint to get them to replace mine. Everybody I call heres an echo on the other end. Its terribly annoying to the callers and no one wants to talk to me now! I expected the phone to have bug issues just as the 650 did, but if you can't make phone calls without problems well thats just too much. If this new one don't work I will probably go back to a 650. I really like my EVDO though. I take it yours doesn't work well at all. Mine was lightening fast I must say. Using it as a modem was very sweet with PDA Net. BT has issues and they really need to get it fixed. I just can't understand how Palm couldn't have learned anything from all the 650 woes. Esp. with BT and volume issues. I just know that when an idividual owns a 600 dollar phone it should work correctly no ifs ands or buts. I'm not ready to cast my 700p to the shadows yet but my boiling point is getting close to yours so I definately know what you mean and how you feel. I have looked at people complaing on numerous boards and on Palms on website no Palm employees seem to be answering anybodys questions. It is truly a crying shame. This phone has potential, but should work better out of the box without all the major issues. I just pray for a more stable unit when I get my replacement.

Cheers, Surf
    I agree if you have a 650 keep it. To me the only real upgrade is the memory and it is a big one for me. I don't have to worry about the palm crashing using the browser. On my 650 when using xiino it would crash when I came close to running out of ram. I don't have to worry about that with 40mb free.

EVDO is a joke or atleast for me it is. I rarely get above 200kbps. I was getting 115-130 with the 650 no big difference. The 700 is very slow I improved it a little bit by deleting the versamail files but it is still not as fast as the 650.

The only reason I am not too pissed about upgrading is I got the phone for next to nothing. I also got 500 more minutes a month and am saving $30 a month on my loaded bells and whistle plan sharing two phones. Client retentions is the way to go. After reading all of the deals some people got from Sprint. I think Sprint and Palm knew the 700 was a failure and are trying to give it away to not **** people off for paying $600 for this POS.
    Quote Originally Posted by NormG1
    I can't begin to tell you all the things wrong with the 700p. They really should have named it the 700pos. This is a family forum, so I won't spell out what pos stands for, but I'm sure you know.

I'm so sorry I switched. If you have a 650, keep it. The 700p is simply terrible, and not worth the money.

1) Only e-mail is faster. Web browsing using the new Sprint network is no better than it was on the 650. All the video features cost extra to use. A lot extra.

2) They moved the frequently used "menu" button to the bottom of the keyboard, next to the shift key and made it tiny. if you use the phone while driving (I know . . . not safe) you need to bend your right thumb into an unnatural position to bring up the menus. All this so they could make the seldom used Power Off and Power On buttons bigger.

3) If you like to keep a few lines of favorites below your dialpad or wallpaper and are used to using the 5 way right arrow to scroll over to the other columns, you can't anymore. You must use the down arrow to bring up the full list of favorites, then scroll right, then use the up arrow to go back to where you wanted to go in the first place.

4) If you like to keep a picture or your wife, GF, dog or kids as wallpaper, the 700p doesn't crop the picture when you add a few lines of favorites.

5) If you like to use the phone as a modem (DUN) it was included under your data plan with the 650. More $$$ on the 700p without much speed increase. Yeah, they say it can take the place of your DSL line. NOT. The documention on this feature both in the manual and online is totally inadequate. The sprint rep who sells you the phone will not tell you about the extra charges for DUN.

6) The Voice Memo conduit that you had with the 650 doesn't come with the 700p. Using it gets you an error message. There is no way to sync your Voice Memo's or record Voice Memo's on your Mac using the Palm VM app and have them sycn over to the 700p.

7) The low volume issues with the 650 are still present in the 700p. You still need to buy the third party Volume Care application just to be able to hear a conversation in a noisy area.

8) The so called improved camera still stinks. Unless you are shooting in full sun, the pictures look like mud. And there is no built in flash, either. Again, you need the third party Splash Photo to manage and sync your photo library.

9) If you record a voice memo and want to send it to your office via Versamail, it sends the file in RINGTONE format. Totally useless to anyone getting your VM via e-mail on a Mac or PC. The 650 sends Voice Memos as mp3 files, just click and listen right in your e-mail. Sprint seems to think that kids who collect ringtones are the target market for the 700p. Yeah, like they have a spare $650 just burning a hole in their pockets.

10) The touch screen is slow to respond. It takes a few seconds to go from the phone to the home page. The whole user experience feels sluggish.

11) The Sprint documentation was written by someone in India or China who never actually uses the phone, since so much key information is missing or unexplained.

12) The biggest thing wrong with the 700p is that Sprint sells it and you have to deal with Sprint's inept, poorly trained, ill informed, customer service department. And you get to wait 25 or 30 minutes for the priviledge of talking to someone who knows less than you do about the phone.

DO NOT BUY A 700P. Keep your 650 or buy a used 650 from some ***** like me who made the mistake of upgrading to this horrid device.

I hate the 700p!
    1) Are you sure you have EVDO coverage in your area? I upgraded from a 650 and my web browsing speeds are at least 8x faster. As for the video features, are you talking about Sprint TV? Of course they cost extra. You don't get your cable for free do you?

2) Search for an app. called "LudusP". Also, given time you should get used to it. I'm already used to it after only a month. Also, many here are actually upgrading from a 600 as well and as far as I know this is how the layout was on the 600 (menu key down at the bottom).

3) That is a bummer. Hopefully it can be fixed in a future firmware update.

4) That sucks too. Again, maybe a firmware update can fix it.

5) There's a hack around here somewhere (huge thread) to use it for DUN w/o being charged extra.

6) Ah you use a Mac? That's not Palm's problem then, should've thought about that part before getting the 700P.

7) You must be hard of hearing. My 700P definitely is louder than my 650. I haven't had to install VolumeCare on my 700P.

8) Hey, it's a cell phone camera. The picture quality under the right conditions are still better looking than on the 650.

9) The 650 had a voice memo app.? I think you had to use a 3rd party app. to do voice memos on the 650. Maybe the app. you were using on the 650 is what was saving them as mp3s. Also, try using a different email app.. Chatter and Snapper are some very good alternatives to VersaCrap.

10) Yeah, this has been reported by everyone and it can be fixed with a firmware update.

11) What else did you need explained to you?

12) Wow, you've had to wait 25 minutes to get some support? Does everyone in the country get routed to the same CS center or are there different CS centers depending on what region a user is in? I haven't had any problems with CS. I really like Sprint compared to T-Mobile and their clueless reps..

So you calling everyone who bought a 700P and *****? I think you should rethink that. You spoke too soon on many of your complaints. Doesn't seem like you gave much time to trying out the 700P. AND as you know, first revisions of technology like this often have bugs that need to be ironed out. I think the 650 went through at least 4 hardware revisions before it was finally a pretty stable unit. I can't count how many firmware updates they released for all the various carriers, but those firmware updates have made the 650 as stable as it is today.
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzee
    ...To me the only real upgrade is the memory and it is a big one for me. I don't have to worry about the palm crashing using the browser. On my 650 when using xiino it would crash when I came close to running out of ram. I don't have to worry about that with 40mb free.
    =
    I used Teal Mover and Teal Alias from Tealpoint Software to get programs to run from the SD Card. It moves the app to the card to free up phone memory and then loads it from the card when you want to use it. Highly recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    1) Are you sure you have EVDO coverage in your area? I upgraded from a 650 and my web browsing speeds are at least 8x faster. As for the video features, are you talking about Sprint TV? Of course they cost extra. You don't get your cable for free do you?

6) Ah you use a Mac? That's not Palm's problem then, should've thought about that part before getting the 700P.

7) You must be hard of hearing. My 700P definitely is louder than my 650. I haven't had to install VolumeCare on my 700P.

9) The 650 had a voice memo app.? I think you had to use a 3rd party app. to do voice memos on the 650.
    Yes I have EVDO, the little blue triangle above the connection bars is Blue.
    Yes, cable costs money, but basic cable is like $15 a month. SprintTV, just to get say CNN for news is like $7 a month per channel.

Palm Desktop supports the Mac. 100% cross platfrom compatible.

I have had my hearing checked. It's normal. Lots of other have reported volume problems with both the 650 and the 700p.

Voice Memo is a PALM product and PALM makes the conduit. It was removed from the 700p. Check the forums for further discussion on this.

The manual says ZERO about using BT for DUN. The manual has zero mention of the word Apple or Macintosh. Remember, it is sold and marketed to both PC and Mac users. The manual does not discuss significant changes between the 650 and the 700p. It is a VERY basic manual.

I DID NOT call everyone who bought a 700p an *****. I called myself an ***** for buying into the hype and upgrading when what I had was better.

Glad you like yours, glad you like Sprint. I don't. We disagree. So be it.
    I did not have as many problems as you but I did have to return my Treo 700P after having it replaced 2X due to poor battery life. I turned down virtually everything I could think of and charged the tar out of it but after a couple of hours of sitting (if that much), it would go dead on me.

I really want to like this phone b/c it solves a number of issues for me with one device but Palm is making it hard. I may go back and get it again & hope I just got a couple of lemons. My biggest concern is that I think it is wrong from a consumer standpoint to use the public as beta testers. The product should be ready to go right out of the box with minimal problems. If I am paying $400, I expect that it should work right.
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn
    Sounds are a bit wacky. Sounds (ring tones) that worked well on my 650, dont work as well on the 700p. Example, I used the AOL "you've got mail" tone as my Chatter alert. Worked great on my 600 and 650. The same tone on the 700p gets cut in half..."you've go"
    I had the same problem, I fixed it by loading all my custom ringtones into my audio editing program and adding a bit of silence at the beginning and end of all the ringtones. Re-saved them, loaded them in the phone and all work fine.
    Other problems I have encountered, Volume control when on a call doesn't work, It does work when I'm on a call with my BT headset. Alot of text messages I get Lock up the phone as soon as they come in.