Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by treoKing
    I wonder if these bugs being reported would continue after a hard reset with no 3rd party apps.

yes people have reported this to be true - fresh 700p (no apps) - still slow (lag) and battery drain.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr
    Regarding Text -- when choosing a number from my contacts, it will not send to a number with "*82" in front of it. (I put it there because I block my number, but want to unblock it for family/friends thus the *82.) This was not a problem on the 650.
    Wow, is that true? (by "text" you mean SMS?)

I block my number too but unblock for a select few...

If so, that really sucks!
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    This one is soooo annoying and I wish I knew what triggers it.

Sometimes I'll go to Blazer (either directly or via a link in Chatter) and I get this interminable WHITE screen. Stays on white for like, 30-40 seconds! Then, finally get in and do my thing.

Then, when I exit Blazer, the Treo reboots.

I always know I'm in for a reboot at some point in the next couple of minutes, when I get that long delay on the white screen.

What the hell is up with that?

Anyone else get this same issue? What an annoyance!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr
    Regarding Text -- when choosing a number from my contacts, it will not send to a number with "*82" in front of it. (I put it there because I block my number, but want to unblock it for family/friends thus the *82.) This was not a problem on the 650.
    This works fine on my 700p. I always have my phones block outgoing calls by default (just ask Claire for an operator to get this set up) and have them in the phonebook with a *82 in front of the number so that friends will answer your calls.

Some phones require you to have the number in there without the *82 if you want it to recognize the incoming calls by name. Since I just imported my old list I'm not sure if this is needed here.

Gary
    Quote Originally Posted by garylapointe
    This works fine on my 700p. I always have my phones block outgoing calls by default (just ask Claire for an operator to get this set up) and have them in the phonebook with a *82 in front of the number so that friends will answer your calls.

Some phones require you to have the number in there without the *82 if you want it to recognize the incoming calls by name. Since I just imported my old list I'm not sure if this is needed here.

Gary
    Same here, no problems
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Fofer
    This one is soooo annoying and I wish I knew what triggers it.

Sometimes I'll go to Blazer (either directly or via a link in Chatter) and I get this interminable WHITE screen. Stays on white for like, 30-40 seconds! Then, finally get in and do my thing.

Then, when I exit Blazer, the Treo reboots.

I always know I'm in for a reboot at some point in the next couple of minutes, when I get that long delay on the white screen.

What the hell is up with that?

Anyone else get this same issue? What an annoyance!!!!!!!!
    This happened to me today as well except I was trying to load PTunes after being on the net/Blazer. ##377 on Sprint phone app confirmed it was PTunes that caused the crash but I haven't had problems with PTunes in the past. Prior to launching PTunes, I was using Blazer, then I clicked the home/launcher button which I have mapped to Initiate via LudasP, then typed "p" and "t" to launch the app. White screen for at least 30 seconds, then Palm logo and reset. And the reset process took for ever by the way. Not sure what's going on but I'm not too far away from a hard reset.
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
    Have another issue came up tonight... any time trying to access Sprint TV the phone crashes as the channel loads and goes into a perpetual reset. Even after clean reset, no apps, still sticks.

Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2
    yes people have reported this to be true - fresh 700p (no apps) - still slow (lag) and battery drain.
    i purchased TWO phones from palm.com that had that problem (and more ).
    i returned both and purchased one from the sprint store.
    outside of the reception issue in my apt building, (which my 650 had NO problems with ) this third phone does not have the battery drain issue. i mean, 45% overnight with absolutely NO usage is out of control...
    Is it just me, or does anyone else think that if you have a wired headset on, all alerts (ringtones, messages, email, system, etc.) should be heard on the headset? That's how it was on the 600. Instead, phone alerts come out of the speaker as if you don't have a headset plugged in. How dumb is it to change this behavior? I can live with the lags and ptunes skipping, but this bug put me on my knees praying for a firmware update SOON!!!

Anybody have the same issue with BT headsets?
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fofer
    Wow, is that true? (by "text" you mean SMS?)

I block my number too but unblock for a select few...

If so, that really sucks!
    Yup, I mean SMS. And it does suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by garylapointe
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino
    Same here, no problems
    Huh, I wonder why it's not working on mine. I guess I'll play around with the *82 a bit (i.e., followed by a dash, no space, etc.) and see what happens.
    I have been having sms problems since i got this 700p after i took it back 3 times to have it replaced and re installed each application on at a time still on luck . last night i sat up all night and though about what the problem might be.then it hit me.
    i want others to try this .
    I think its my bluetooth thats causing the sms messages to freeze the treo . i have not had my bluetooth on all day and and i got the normal amount of texts i do and not freezes alll day
    im using a jabar 500
    please try it and let me know

UPDATE : THIS IS THE 3RD DAY AND MY BLUETOOTH HAS STILL NOT BEEN ON AND MY TREO HAS NOT FROZEN ONCE. i CAN NOW SAY THAT WITHOUT THE LAG MY TREO RUN 100% GOOD NO RESETS NO NOTHING . iF YOUR HAPPY AND YOU KNOW IT CLAP YOUR HANDS.

IM OFF TO SPRINT TODAY FOR A NEW BLUETOOTH
    Ok i have replaced my bluetooth and it started freezing my treo again
    hello in treo land can any one help me
    Last edited by comedytreogirl; 06/30/2006 at 05:06 PM.
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
    I can't enter a space in a URL in Blazer!!
    When I enter time in a field that should be (for example) 22:14, the cursor skips to the second field as soon as the first digit is entered in the first field.
    i also reset on on demand
    I had similar battery drain issues on 2 TREOS so I took them back and cancelled my contract.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xpanmanx
    I can't enter a space in a URL in Blazer!!
    Web URLs can't have spaces, at least the last time I bothered to check. Are you sure it's a space and not an "_" underscore? Because you CAN have underscores in URLs. What kind of URL are you trying to enter that has a space in it?

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    Don't know if it's according to Hoyle or not, but I can generate a IIS virtual directory with embedded spaces. IE6 and FireFox allow me to load the page using spaces. But I guess they convert the spaces to percent-20.

I'll try replacing the space with percent-20 and that should work.
    Hi Comedytreogirl, I am having the same problem when calling *2 from my 700p. The phone goes beep, beep, beep and turn the phone off then back on. It doesn't power on and off with the splash screens. It just says phone off then it comes back on. It hasn't did it on any other number though.

I am also worried that my phone is causing an echoing effect on other callers. I have talked with 2 different VZ customers and one landline phone and they all caused echoing on the recievers end, but nothing on mine. Has anyone experienced this?
    so that you know i was in a sprint store and there are about 5 employees that have the 700 and it did it on all of the phone so its a bug . call sprint and report it . also call palm and make them aware of it that is the only way something will get done.
    my mom has vz and she says i sound fine when i talk to her. try turning your volume down and see if that helps
    keep me posted
    on a side note im loving the pictuer of money mike. i am a comedian and i have a show coming up with him
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast