Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
    let me be the first to report:

i was losing 40% battery overnight with NO use at all, and the same during the day. and other issues (read my post above). got SO fed up with my phone ignoring call that i did a hard reset this morning, and left the house with a fresh phone, no contacts no nothing!

today: my battery is COMPLETELY NORMAL. losing about 1% per hour or so - instead of 4%-5% an hour! so it's definately one of my apps... i just called palm and they are overnighting me a replacement for tomorrow. NOW, i dont know which apps to reinstall and which apps i shouldnt re-install!

sigh*

aol - can maybe live without
    butler - really dont want to live without
    filez - really dont want to live without
    ringo - cant live without
    volume care - cant live without

who do you guys think is the culprit?
    Last edited by herbbette; 06/15/2006 at 03:19 PM.
    I've used ProfileCare (excellent utility) to disable the keyboard lights in the day and I've noticed an improvement in battery life, but I agree it's poor. I have the following loaded: BackupBuddyVFS, Profile & Schedule Care, NeatFreak Pack, DateBk, SplashID, Resco Explorer. I am getting ready to try Chatter which will cause another dent in battery life. I'll be getting a Seidio, but I sure hope there's a fix for this issue. I also have the white screen issue which seems to start once the RAM starts to get used. I noticed it around the time I hotsynced some photos even though it was just 10 photos and I allowed them to be reduced.
    Last edited by ehcruzan; 06/16/2006 at 02:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by herbbette
    let me be the first to report:

i was losing 40% battery overnight with NO use at all, and the same during the day. and other issues (read my post above). got SO fed up with my phone ignoring call that i did a hard reset this morning, and left the house with a fresh phone, no contacts no nothing!

today: my battery is COMPLETELY NORMAL. losing about 1% per hour or so - instead of 4%-5% an hour! so it's definately one of my apps... i just called palm and they are overnighting me a replacement for tomorrow. NOW, i dont know which apps to reinstall and which apps i shouldnt re-install!

sigh*

aol - can maybe live without
    butler - really dont want to live without
    filez - really dont want to live without
    ringo - cant live without
    volume care - cant live without

who do you guys think is the culprit?
    I can tell you that it would be very rare for VolumeCare to cause battery drain. FileZ would have no way also of causing any battery drain. I am both on my 700P with no battery drain. I can not comment on the remainder of the tools since I am not using them at this time.

Hope this helps.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by ehcruzan
    I've used ProfileCare (excellent utility) to disable the keyboard lights in the day and I've noticed an improvement in battery life
    Very cool. Another reason to try out that utility -- thanks for the report.

I have had a few spontaneous resets. I had one the other day -- I was sitting looking at a screen in HanDBase, not doing anything actively, and then I guess a call came in. This caused a reset and when the phone came back up, my Treo reported two voicemails which had actually come in days before (two different days) and had never been reported to me. Feasible this was a Sprint issue, but I don't think so.

On the subject of those issues I was having with HotSync dying, since I changed the HanDBase default action to Handheld overwrites Desktop, I have not experienced any HotSync failures (unfortunately that setting makes things take longer since it unconditionally backs up all desktop versions of the databases every time). Not that I've performed a large number of HotSyncs since then, but if i continue to see no problems I guess what I was experiencing there was all due to add-on software (albeit an update to a piece of bundled software, in one case).
    just got my Sprint replacement 700 - battery works much better - doesn't drain like the older one did - I'm at 63 percent with half day use and CHATTER online! That's so much better because the older one would completely drain after a few hours with Chatter online. Crossing my fingers with this unit
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    i give up on my 700p, im convinced that it is defective. no matter what apps i have or dont have.. (total hard reset) my phone still drains 40% overnight with NO usage....
    I've noted two bugs in my 700p. Notably, that on longer calls (over 40 minutes or so) the phone locks up, and no matter what button I press either physical or on the screen I can't do anything, not even disconnect the call (!!), without having to power cycle the machine.

I quickly jumped on a Sedio battery door with a reset hole, as it's going to come in handy until that problem is fixed.

Additionally I've had problems with SprintTV, not getting Channel 50, and server errors. For part of today Sprint thought that I should have to pay an extra $7.99 for Channel 50, even though I have the EvDO Ultimate Package with all the pimp options and trim packs.

Later on, all I could get was a server based, error code number, which unfortunately I forgot to write down. I've also had problems with their video feed locking up, though not the audio feed. In other words, I can watch something, "Felix the Cat" for example, and halfway through the video frame freezes even though the sound keeps playing and the timer keeps marching on.

Harv has had problems with the power light flickering or turning off completely when his 700p was on a charger while watching SprintTV for long durations (30 minutes or so), which I am going to attempt to replicate later on today.

This probably is a result of Palm releasing the dang thing too early, and leaving us to suffer with the 'growth' of the ROM from adolescence to adulthood. Did anyone else out there buy a 650 when it was brand spankin' new? Perhaps a Treo 300?

I bought both right out of the gate. Let me tell you, fresh off the line the Treo 300 was a piece of work. As soon as Handspring released them I purchased one, upgrading from a Samsung SPH-i300. Bugs and glitches riddled the ROM of the early Treo 300, and he original 650 ROM is the same.

Over time, these things get fixed, and the 700p is no different. Right now I have my fingers crossed for a ROM update from Sprint.

What I'd really like to know is if anyone else is having these issues, and if the lock-up issues are happening only on Sprint phones, or on Verizon models too. Harv and I both have Sprint models, as does Jay Gross. I don't know anyone personally with a 700p on Verizon, so if you have one and you're feeling the blues with errors and bugs, please write to me and let me know. I'd appreciate it.

Cheers,

Xi Sonenberg
    TC Staff Writer
    Xious Sonenberg
    Treocentral Staff Writer
    President, Design By XS, Inc.
    http://www.designbyxs.com

See my TC writings here!

~Hallowed are the Ori!~
    When streaming XM radio and connected to my IMT1 http://www.alteclansing.com/product_...s.asp?pID=IMT1 the screen will shut off when the sleep time is up (1min on mine) and that causes the streaming to stop. I i cant listen to xm while docked which sux.
    bluetooth shuts off by it self sometimes
    im with sprint i have the same issue but it freezes when i get incoming text messages its a real pain. please call sprint and let them know also call palm so that the problem get fixed faster . when i call they say that im the only one with the problem.
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
    Messages Notification Problem! Sometimes I don't voicemail notification or text messages don't show up until i do a soft reset
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by comedytreogirl
    when i call they say that im the only one with the problem.
    That's typical corporate speak for "Go away, we don't want to deal with you (but we'll be glad to take your money and cut off your service if you're late paying your bill..)" ..

With as many paper hats as Sprint has answering the *2 lines, how could ANY single one of them say you're the only one with the problem? Escalate it to a supervisor when one of those front line dorks gives you that kind of an answer, and if they tell you there's no supervisor around, hang up and dial back in. Do it during normal weekday business hours, if possible. They have more staff on duty then. Besides, they have so many people answering the support line the chances of getting the same one twice in a row are nearly impossible.

You're the customer. You're paying their salary. This is something they conveniently like to forget. Don't let them push you around. Make it clear to them that you'll be quite happy to take your business to one of their competitors if you don't get satisfaction. Money is the one thing these companies understand. And if someone gives you grief, get their name and employee number and report them to a higher-up.

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    maybe a fix will come for better battery life?
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2
    maybe a fix will come for better battery life?
    Yeah, it's called "a second battery" - preferably the extended one from Seidio.
    I've noticed a couple of interesting issues with my Treo 700p (Sprint) besides the resets now and then and the loss of preferences like we had with the 650 from time to time... frustrating!

1. When you ##EVDO# and force EVDO, I stopped receiving calls or text messages. You can call out and text out but receive no nothing. [i spent a lot of time on the phone with Sprint and they said it was software. Nope, it was the force EVDO. Don't do it.]

2. Sprint TV Channel 50 contains less than half the channels promised in the Ultimate package. They won't help you via email. And when you call, which I've done 3 times, you spend about 30 minutes on the phone and they can't help you either. It's your fault, according to them.

Ed
    I don't think that this has been mentioned, I did a search in this thread and couldn't find anything, but in the messaging app preferences under the "Chat" tab there is an option that is labeled "Create chats from messages." There are 3 options you can select, "never", "after reply" or "always", well if you select always, it still only creates a chat after the message has been replied to. On my 650 this option worked perfectly but on the 700p it doesn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbarrett5381
    I don't think that this has been mentioned, I did a search in this thread and couldn't find anything, but in the messaging app preferences under the "Chat" tab there is an option that is labeled "Create chats from messages." There are 3 options you can select, "never", "after reply" or "always", well if you select always, it still only creates a chat after the message has been replied to. On my 650 this option worked perfectly but on the 700p it doesn't.
    Actually, it does become a chat thread if you receive more than one message from the same contact without your reply - I think that's the intent.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Thats wierd, on my 650 if I sent a message to someone and they didn't reply, it still created a chat thread, but on the 700 it doesn't do that. People can send me a message and it creates a thread, but it doesn't create a thread when I send a message unless they reply.
    Ok this will be the longest post i will ever post ( i hate to type)
    i have th 700p with sprint and here is what is what i have been going through. so if anyone out there is having the same issue please let me know and post on the site . I have a sprint rep who will be looking at this post cause they keep saying its only me .today i have gotten my third treo 700 and each one is having the same issue
    the first one i got online the second was in one store and the third was from a diffrent store.i say that casue i am doing my own test . sometimes one store can get a bad batch of treo"s
    sometime when i get a sms message the phone will freeze. second when using *2 talk the phone turns off or should i say it says power off the it sometimes comes back on.
    today i was in a sprint store and a sales guy and i open 5 new treo out the box and each one of them did the same thing.
    I also put in my sd card and it will not let you delete from the card info spot . you have to delete it from the place that application is housed . for example if you have a doc then you have to open up doc to go and delete it there. I am for sure that it didnt work like that with my treo650.

I AM SURE THAT THESE ISSUE ARE IN THE PHONE OR WITH THE NETWORK.
    YET IM TOLD THAT ITS THE PHONE SO TAKE IT BACK AND GET A NEW ONE .

also a palm rep and my self have found out that if you have to do a hard reset then you should take all of the back up folder out and put them on your desk top. it seems that even if you rename it some how when you go to sync it still reads it.
    IF THIS IS WRONG PLEASE CORRECT ME.
    when i had to do a hard reset we renamed my back up folder . then we did a sync and stuff that was on my old treo came back not stuff from the 700 but stuff from the 650 which was what was in the back up folder. i had a task that was to be completed in may before i got the 700p and when i got the new treo 700 it should not have showed back up . but because that was one of the folders from the 650 . and there where no other back up folders it read from it . (yes i did check for it not to be saved on the pc ). so we deleted then all and when it created a new back up folder it was fresh.

the POINT WHEN YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE YOUR TREO IS CLEAN AFTER A HARD RESET TAKE OUT ALL BACK UP FOLDERS AND SYNC WITH DESKTOP OVER WRITES THE HAND HELD .
    im using the palm desk top

i hope you all could understand what i was trying to explain.
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
    Regarding Text -- when choosing a number from my contacts, it will not send to a number with "*82" in front of it. (I put it there because I block my number, but want to unblock it for family/friends thus the *82.) This was not a problem on the 650.
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast