1.    #1  
    Hello all! I'm new here and new to the Treo 650 and I have a question for ya; if I'm utilizing Versamail, do I need Eudora as well? Or can I remove Eudora? Are there going to be any adverse effects with removing Eudora? Thanks for the help and I'm looking forward to many years of happy Treo use.

Aaron
    I'm just here to regulate all the funkiness.
    You cannot delete Versamail, yhou do not need Eudora and can delete it. Now, though you cannot delete Versamail, that does not mean you have to use it. I personally like a more robust email client. Ben
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    like snappermail....
    Like Snappermail or ChatterEmail. Now the next question, how heavy of an email user are you. Another question, do you use IMAP? If you do use IMAP, is push mail operation important?

Both are good programs. ChatterEmail handles card storage better than Snappermail.
    They both handle IMAP.
    If you use push mail, then ChatterEmail is the one to look at.

I suggest you try them both for a good bit of their trial period and then decide.

Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by woodsracer
    Hello all! I'm new here and new to the Treo 650 and I have a question for ya; if I'm utilizing Versamail, do I need Eudora as well? Or can I remove Eudora? Are there going to be any adverse effects with removing Eudora? Thanks for the help and I'm looking forward to many years of happy Treo use.

Aaron
    are you talking about removing eudora on your desktop? If you want to only use email on your phone, then fine, but versamail is not going to replace a desktop email app.
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    Just because Versamail is in ROM doesn't mean it can't be removed. I have succesfullly used the rom tool talked about on this forum to do just that. Though the newest Versamail version is working quite well for me now. It syncs both email and the calendar. Very nice..
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    I am a brave soul, but just haven't the nerve to touch the ROM. Ben
  8.    #8  
    cell, I use outlook for my desktop e-mail app. so Eudora is basically useless to me. In fact, I don't think that I've touched Eudora once since owning a smartphone. Now what do you guys mean by "a more robust e-mail client"? What benefits do Snappermail and Chatterbox have that Versamail doesn't? And is IMAP a Instant Message App.? If not, what is it? Sorry for all the questions but I'm relatively new to the whole smartphone thing. I had a Kyocera 7135 for about 6 months before it crashed but I never used any of the apps other than the calendar. So thanks for all your help.

Aaron
  9.    #9  
    Sorry, but I have another question. I just loaded "Beyond Contacts" by Dataviz. Do I need to keep the task app. and calendar app. from the palm software? Or can I get rid of it too? I'd like to keep it as clean as possible since I haven't got a memory card yet. Thanks again!

Aaron
    Download and use Obfuscate (freeware) to hide pre-loaded Palm OS apps you don't want to use. To actually remove them from the phone you will have to rebuild the ROM image. It sounds to me like you're very new to Palm and you really don't need to be mucking around with rebuilding ROMs.
  11.    #11  
    yea, you're pretty much right there o town. I just don't like seeing icons for things that I dont utilize that much. Thanks I'll try out that app.

Aaron