Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Anyone else having trouble accessing the "Phone Preferences" menu under the "Options" drop down menu in the Phone function? My 700p is crashing every time I try to access it and when I check the last error code (##377) it says the crash was caused by running the "Phone" function. I am only running Verichat and ChatterEmail+ right now. Any advice or others having this problem? If you can access that menu, what options are in it (I might not even need to get to it)?
    It's because you synced your old 650 phone skin onto the 700p. The 700p already has support for ##377# built-in. It's the Phone_SPCS.prc file.
    Hey, I'm getting my T700p in...well, probably about 10 minutes or so. (The UPS driver usually gets here around 5 or 5:30.) How can I avoid doing that? When I hook up my 700p to my iMac and sync it, is there anything NOT in the directions that come with the 700p that I need to know to avoid?
    Quote Originally Posted by ddahorton
    Hey, I'm getting my T700p in...well, probably about 10 minutes or so. (The UPS driver usually gets here around 5 or 5:30.) How can I avoid doing that? When I hook up my 700p to my iMac and sync it, is there anything NOT in the directions that come with the 700p that I need to know to avoid?
    Sync your 650
    copy your current backup folder to somewhere else on your hard drive
    install the new hotsync software into the same directory as the old software
    when prompted, choose to only restore the PIM data and not all of your files
    manually hotsync your phone and messages pdb's found in the backup folder that you copied
    install all of you other apps manually one at a time

There are a bunch of apps that don't work on the 700p, so look for them and use Uninstall Manager or the like to remove them.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    It's because you synced your old 650 phone skin onto the 700p. The 700p already has support for ##377# built-in. It's the Phone_SPCS.prc file.

The error code ##377 works just fine. Is the crash a result of having the wrong Phone_SPCS.prc file installed? Can I delete that file and resync to get it to work correctly?
    You might have to do a hard reset. Just search on how to remove that file.